Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial Grass

• 11-05-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

So I've been looking into this for a small enough area in my back garden. The dog and the rain have my grass destroyed, and other people seem to have sworn by it.
    So, anyone got any recommendations on fitters, or suppliers, or where to get it?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If you have a dog (especially a bitch) then you are going to end up with plenty of patches you need to clean up.

I used this stuff for a friend who has a small to medium sized back garden that had ended up with bare patches, and it came up a treat.

You do have to loosen the areas you are putting it on first, but if you water this stuff once to twice a day, you end up with very thick and healthy grass within a few weeks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Miracle-Gro-Patch-Magic-Grass-Patches/dp/B0036WSXEY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336814891&sr=8-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I used the artificial grass, kept it in great nick for a year, got a dog, he destroyed it.
    Then I got the miracle grow stuff, fixed the grass, it look ed fantastic but then the dog destroyed it.
    I then dug up the whole lawn, got new top soil, sowed the seed, guess what, the dog destroyed it.

If you want a nice lawn, you gotta get rid of the dog.

Advertisement