Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Grad in Legal Studies DIT

Options
  • 11-05-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

has anyone got any advice, thoughts or help based on the PG in Legal Studies offered by DIT?

is it worthwhile? whats the course content like?

Im not doing it to sit the FE1's

I would like to persue a career with An Garda Siochana and I would hope that this course will give me a leg up in the future

all thoughts welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Marquis de carabas

EveAlex wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

has anyone got any advice, thoughts or help based on the PG in Legal Studies offered by DIT?

is it worthwhile? whats the course content like?

Im not doing it to sit the FE1's

I would like to persue a career with An Garda Siochana and I would hope that this course will give me a leg up in the future

all thoughts welcome

It'd certainly be a help but I think it might be overkill. The law is an important part of a Guards work but a lot of what legal studies teaches will not be relevant and what is will be thought at templemor.

A course in mediation, psychology etc might be better. Something a little different that you'll be able to talk about at interview.

Barring that plenty of volunteer work.

Education is a great thing to have but you want to be able to sell yourself in interview and make yourself stand out and nothing compares to actual life experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

im looking to add to my CV, something that will stand out from volunteer work, self defence, team sports and the other run of the mill stuff

The post grad in DIT also allows students to study immigration law, criminal law, law of evidence, humans rights and criminology amongst other things that would be directly useful within the world of AGS

has anyone on here studies any of these modules in DIT?

Advertisement