Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card cancellation

Options
  • 11-05-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I rang BOI Card Services on Wednesday to cancel a credit card that is no longer in use. I was told that the people who deal with that only work til 5pm ( I called at 7) but that a note would be placed on the account to begin the process and I would receive a call back the following day (Thursday)

It's 2 days later and I haven't heard back, can you advise on what to do next?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Jason1984,

Thank you for your question, we are sorry to hear you wish to close your credit card account.

Account Closures would normally call back a customer in 24-48 working hours once the request is sent. If you like to pm me your name and number I can organise the call at a time that suits you. The department is open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday so the call can be anytime in these hours. If you call credit cards between these hours they should be able to transfer you directly to this department. You can also close the card through any Bank of Ireland branch or send a letter in writing confirming you have destroyed the card and to close the account. The letter can be sent to Account Closures, 2nd Floor, Operations Centre, Cabinteely, Dublin 18.

If you would like to close the card please make sure you have a zero balance. Also the Government Stamp Duty will be charged to the credit card account upon closure which is €30.

If you have any other questions please don't be afraid to ask.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'll wait until Monday and send a letter then to close the card account - no issues with the product, I'm using a work issued card so don't need it at present.

Hi Jason1984

No problem at all.

If you have any other banking queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Hi,

I'm still waiting on that call back *sigh*

Can I PM you my details?

Jason

Yes Jason,

Please send me your name, contact number and the best time to contact you by pm and I will organise that callback for you.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
Advertisement