Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help with jeans :)

• 11-05-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Ladies, I am new here and was wondering if you could help me..

I want to buy a new pair of jeans, preferably a good expensive pair (will pay up to €150). I am size 10 but curvy on the hips. I prefer long lengths too and probably boot-cut I'm thinking. I want them to be flattering most of all!

Can anyone recommend a good brand please?

Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Try the fashion and appearance forum if theres no joy here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Probably better off in Fashion & Appearance, but you need to get yourself into a store with a dedicated denim bar (Brown Thomas is excellent) and basically try on as many pairs as you can until you find the perfect ones. The staff in BT are brilliant, they'll bring everything to the fitting room for you so you don't need to keep getting dressed and running back out to fetch more pairs.

Personally, I like Citizens of Humanity, 7 for All Mankind and Rock & Republic. These all run extremely long in the leg, too - 36" standard, iirc, so unless you're a terribly long-leggety beasty, you'll need them taken up, which is also a service BT offer. It's years since I bought jeans in Ireland, though, so I don't know if you'll get any of these for €150. You'll definitely find something, though.

The other tip I'd give you is to buy them bet onto you - jeans loosen up an unbelievable amount with wear, so if you buy them fitting perfectly, they'll be hanging off you within a couple of months.

• Administrators Posts: 54,188 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Diesel! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Better here RachelOHara

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Rec Tommy hilfiger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Salsa Jeans are supposed to be the biz lately.
    They can be bought in BT's or Gasolene I think.
    They certainly promise alot anyway, I did see them on a girl at a fashion show and they did look amazing, she was only modelling them, but was going to buy them afterwards.
    http://www.wow.ie/salsa-jeans-now-at-bt2/

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RachelOHara

silly wrote: »
    Salsa Jeans are supposed to be the biz lately.
    They can be bought in BT's or Gasolene I think.
    They certainly promise alot anyway, I did see them on a girl at a fashion show and they did look amazing, she was only modelling them, but was going to buy them afterwards.
    http://www.wow.ie/salsa-jeans-now-at-bt2/

Thanks a million everyone, some great suggestions there!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I just got a pair of really nice jeans in The White Door, they're a skinny bootcut but they do a whole load of different styles. They gave me 10% off because they didn't have the right length for me, so although they were originally €199, I didn't pay the full price because they were too long.

They have ones called Skinny (that's the name of the brand) but I didn't really like the back pockets on them (they're huge!). The ones I ended up getting are DL1961 Premium Denim jeans and that's after trying on all the J Brand, 7 for all mankind etc. jeans in BT that were def €250+.

I did used to have a pair of amazing Rock & Republic jeans but as far as I remember they were well over €300!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Gap Long and Lean are great bootleg jeans. They're obviously not a premium brand but I have a few pairs and they wear very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Fifi Trixie Belle

Twee. wrote: »
    Gap Long and Lean are great bootleg jeans. They're obviously not a premium brand but I have a few pairs and they wear very well.

Seconded! Gap wear extremely well. I live in my bootcut Gap jeans and aside from wear on the bottom in both pairs - they're a bit long for me - they're perfect. I also find Tommy Hilfiger brilliant in terms of wear and a lovely fit on the hips. The staff in most THs are also really helpful in terms of finding the right pair for each customers too. My most flattering pair are Pepe Jeans ones. Although this particular pair are a couple of seasons old, I'd recommend having a look to see if you can find a pair of bootcut this season. They're really well made!

Good luck! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement