Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contact name not showing on htc titan (windows phone)

Options
  • 11-05-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

When I receive a call, only the number shows not the contact name, even though its saved? Why is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

snaps wrote: »
    When I receive a call, only the number shows not the contact name, even though its saved? Why is this?

Dont have that phone but do have a Windows phone so I think I might know the answer.

Are they mobile numbers that arent showing from your contacts? If so, if the code at the start is anyway different from what is saved in contacts it wont show as a contact - i.e. If you have John saved as 0035386 and when he calls the number appears as 086 then it wont show as the saved contact and visa versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

ill take a look, think ive all my numbers stored in with international prefix, ie +353, +44 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I have numbers saved as +35387 and as 087 and they all come up with the names.

There's something wrong with the number if it's not showing up the name.

Whats the first few digits of the number as stored on the phone (leave out the last 4 digits for privacy)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Is it just one number or all of em. That happens sometimes on all phones. Just delete the number and put it in again and should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

With the old style Nokias, this would happen when the number was in the phone book twice.

• Advertisement

My numbers are stored +35385 etc. Only happens to random ones and not all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Same with me. I saved my numbers with +353 prefixes. It recognises the number when I get a text from it, but does not when I get a call. Annoying.

impr0v wrote: »
    Same with me. I saved my numbers with +353 prefixes. It recognises the number when I get a text from it, but does not when I get a call. Annoying.
    I think its same as me, texts ok, calls not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

impr0v wrote: »

Idk, seems fine here, my gf and my mum both have +353 prefixes and it works fine for text and calls, same goes for those who's numbers start with 08. Might be a software bug for some.

Idk if anyone asked me for this id usually back up all contacts and delete them and then restore them again.

Or as I Said before try deleting the ones that are acting up and re enter them, always fixes it, ive seen it mainly on Galaxy S, S2 though.

Advertisement