Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full Coverage foundation

• 11-05-2012 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a full coverage foundation, around the €30 mark.

I have light skin (I use warm ivory in Bobbi Brown foundations) and my skin type is dry-combination. My nose and chin get quite oily and around the sides of ,y nose I have dry/flaky skin. I'd like a dewy/luminous finish.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as there are so many suggestions out there and I haven't a clue what to go for.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Illamasqua do a great full coverage foundation and it comes in every shade you could think of from paper white to black. Can't remember what its called think its rich liquid or something, it can be very dry and flaky if your skin is dry but if you mix it with a primer its amazing. Its really full coverage, like literally masks your face so i ended up not using it unless i was having a very bad skin day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Yeah Illamasqua skin base is nice and try Lancome as well, I have their teint miracle which gives good luminous coverage or they have their newer one out as well! I'm giving Face Atelier ultra foundation a try in the next week which is meant to be fab so I'll let you know how I get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks guys.

I know Esteé Lauder Double Wear is popular but I find it is cakey and chalky, which isn't what I want at all.

Can you buy Illamasqua in Ireland? I thought they pulled out ages ago? Maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

ELDW do a light version too. It's still very full coverage but not as heavy. Maybe get a sample?

Ps. I completely forgot to post that pot this week, I'm so sorry! I'll package it up tomorrow and send it off asap.

ELDW do a light version too. It's still very full coverage but not as heavy. Maybe get a sample?

Ps. I completely forgot to post that pot this week, I'm so sorry! I'll package it up tomorrow and send it off asap.
    I've tried the light version and still found it to be cakey on me, it could just be me though.

Lol no worries, thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I use Lancome Teint Miracle liquid foundation in shade: 07 which is Rose Ivory - one of their lightest shades. It's the best foundation I have used since Prescriptives - I used it for years and then they left Ireland, I know you can still buy in online but I don't have a credit card so it was just more convenient for me to change brands.

I also use the Lancome loose powder in shade: 01, the lightest shade.

Since I started using both I can go the whole night without touching up my make up. I am blessed with fairly manageable skin anyway so I am sure that has something to do with it.

Also, I have eczema and using Lancome products has caused me no skin issues thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

I would really really recommend Revlon Colourstay foundation. Ever since I found it, it has definately been my saviour in my search for the perfect foundation after trying many drugstore ones and the brand name dear ones!!

It comes in two types for oily/combination skin and the other for normal/dry skin I think. I have extremely oily skin but this really does the trick for me, I would feel comfortable just having the foundation on my face without putting powder over it. Not only does this foundation keep my face oil free but it also stays on my face litrally all day long, doesn't wear off!! At first it may be a bit difficult to apply as the texture is a bit different and the bottle doesn't come with a pump but if you get used to it I would really recommend Revlon Colourstay!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Coal1978

I was in the same boat looking for a great full coverage foundation till I tried mineral foundation. I tried the bare essential and urban decay powder mineral make up, but the best and the cheapest was L'oreal true match mineral make up, I try other expensive brands but I keep going back, I get lots of comments that my skin looks perfect when I wear it, ( I have some acne scars), you can have as little or as much coverage as you want and your skin can breathe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Ciara 5

I had the same problem, wanting full coverage and have combination skin. I use no7 beautifully matte and it is brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I like Mac full coverage, you can only get it at Mac pro counter. if you use a damp sponge or brush to blend it out you can get a lovely natural coverage or slowly build it up!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions everyone.

I'm going to try the Revlon colorstay.

In Bobbi Brown's foundation I use the colour "warm ivory (1)" and "Extra Light Tint" in their tinted moisturiser, would I want to go for the ivory colour in the revlon foundation?

My local Boots only has five colours, four are too dark and the lightest one they have is Buff.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 barbs28

Estee Lauder, (maximum cover) really good coverage only need to use a very small amount and I think it is around the 30euro

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions everyone.

I'm going to try the Revlon colorstay.

In Bobbi Brown's foundation I use the colour "warm ivory (1)" and "Extra Light Tint" in their tinted moisturiser, would I want to go for the ivory colour in the revlon foundation?

My local Boots only has five colours, four are too dark and the lightest one they have is Buff.

Buff is very light and only suited if your really pale, the next one up I think which is what I use is "sand beige" although Boots are very annoying as the shades the have are very irregular and inconsistent, but if you know what shade to buy you should try pulling out the drawer at the bottom to see if they have it which is what I always do in Boots whenever theres not a new bottle :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I really like colourstay, ivory and buff are lightest shades ivory is a lil bit more on the pinky side i think, i also like Borjois healthy mix,the shades tend to be a slight bit yellow and if i'm looking for better coverage i'd use mac studio finish or moisture cover concealer or collection 2000. Both foundations are quite longwearing, but i have quite dry skin. As well the vichy dermablend is supposed to be amazing coverage, maybe try it with your normal foundation, and use it for parts you might want more coverage.

Advertisement