Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

death grip issue still there on the iphone 4s

• 11-05-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭

All over the internet they say it was fixed but on my new iphone 4s if I hold the phone without a bumper the reception drops by two bars.
    Thumb is near the volume controls.
    Anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

sfag31 wrote: »
    All over the internet they say it was fixed but on my new iphone 4s if I hold the phone without a bumper the reception drops by two bars.
    Thumb is near the volume controls.
    Anyone else noticed this?
    It use to be bottom left corner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I have an iPhone 4 and I've noticed two or three points on it where the coverage or wifi would go down if you held it a certain way. I've messed around with a 4s and for the most part I think the issues are still there but improved. You have to remember that it's the same design of the 4 so it will have some of the problems that came with it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

never been an issue for me and I had both the 4 and the 4s

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I had issue with the 4, easily reproducible by bridging the gap between antennas in lower lhs corner. Can't recreate with the 4s.

Wasnt an issue in general use anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Same thing happens in new Nokia's as most people don't realise the antenna is in the base of the phone for SAR reasons. I've had a 4 and never ever had a problem with it. It was just made into a bigger issue, in my opinion, by the Apple bashers of the blog and YouTube world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭mihau

ironclaw wrote: »
    Same thing happens in new Nokia's as most people don't realise the antenna is in the base of the phone for SAR reasons. I've had a 4 and never ever had a problem with it. It was just made into a bigger issue, in my opinion, by the Apple bashers of the blog and YouTube world.

Agreed. Been having smartphones all my life and they all dropped signal. Media frenzy pointed to the iPhone but the problem was there all along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Have the 4s, never been an issue.

Tried bad grip this morning, no drop in bars.

Why do people constantly look for faults in the iPhone?

This wasn't even as big an issue as made out on iPhone 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Just tried it there and it kept full signal. Maybe it's fluctuating signal in your area perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

I think its signal.

I have 4s and have problems with it. Every day, every second call that i make or receive in my house and office will drop out 'call failure'.

I have been onto O2 and they are looking into it for me but the phone works fine in strong signal areas. In my house and office the signal does fluctuate.

Very frustrating but I just can live without the iphone 4s :-))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The death grip used to be neutralised by using a cover.
    Is this still the case?

• Advertisement
Advertisement