Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DURC 50m Jubilee Open

• 11-05-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

As part of our Golden Jubilee celebrations Dublin University Rifle Club will be hosting our Golden Jubilee Outdoor Open over the weekend of the 2nd-3rd June in Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland.

The competitions available will be:

Sunday - 60 shot prone match followed by final.

Saturday - 60 shot prone match

Two match aggregate (both matches can be shot on the same day)

Saturday - 3x20 match

The main prizes will be awarded for the Sunday prone match and the two match aggregate.

There will be additional prizes for the Saturday prone match, 3P and class prizes for both prone matches.

All competitions will take place on electronic targets.

Entry will be €15 for one match, €25 for two and €35 for three

The times are as follows:

Saturday
    11:00 3P 3x20
    13:30 PR60 detail
    15:00 PR60 detail

Sunday
    11:00 PR60 detail
    12:30 PR60 detail
    14:00 PR60 detail
    16:00 Final
    17:00 Prize-giving and BBQ

Details on booking will be made available shortly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hoping to shoot the full range of competitions for this now. Should be fun.

Just to let people know, in case they're shooting in the NI Championships in Dungannon on the saturday, if you want to shoot both matches of the weekend aggregate on the sunday, that won't be problem. Two matches might make it more worth the trip for some of you anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭FLOYDSTER

Deffo having a look at this Dave!;)

Nice one FLOYDSTER, be good to see you down there. Drag a couple of the others as well. Should be fun. Two matches and a final in one day on the sunday would be a good way to spend it. Hopefully we'll get the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

NISSU Open is on the Saturday, might be able to make the Sunday if there's slots available...

• Advertisement

demonloop wrote: »
    NISSU Open is on the Saturday, might be able to make the Sunday if there's slots available...

Aye, you'll be able to shoot both matches on the sunday if you like. That way you've got two individual matches and the weekend aggregate still to play for. Only thing you'll miss is the 3x20, though I reckon you'd be alright with that anyway! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DU Rifle Club

Booking will be available through the NTSA website shortly. We'll let you know when it's gone online. As Dave mentioned, you're welcome to shoot two matches on the Sunday to be entered into the aggregate!

Did some standing training yesterday. Will hopefully be in a position to shoot the 3x20 as well now. Hopefully we'll get the best turnout possible for this, so spread the word!

Detail booking is now open! Weather looks like it'll make for a great day (or two) out. We hope to see some of you over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MiGiD

Whoop!!

Now to switch disciplines.... hmmm....

• Advertisement

Spent today on the range. If the weather is half as nice as it was all day today we'll have an absolutely brilliant weekend's shooting. Booked in for the 3x20 and the prone aggregate. Going to be a long one!

Spent today on the range. If the weather is half as nice as it was all day today we'll have an absolutely brilliant weekend's shooting. Booked in for the 3x20 and the prone aggregate. Going to be a long one!

Think Ryan has booked myself,himself and Sam in for two details on the Sunday as we have a comp on the Sat !!

FLOYDSTER wrote: »
    Think Ryan has booked myself,himself and Sam in for two details on the Sunday as we have a comp on the Sat !!

Done. I charged te entries to your account :D

Good stuff lads! You can bring back whatever magic beer you found in Germany that helped you out yesterday for the rest of us.

To everyone attending the DURC Jubilee 50m Open,

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control the match at the weekend will now be shot on paper. This means the matches will have to be shot in relays which understandably isn't ideal for a large competition. We will have to allocate around 10 minutes extra to each detail to cater for target changes so each detail will have to start slightly later than previously anticipated. The final which was to be held on the Sunday will also unfortunately be cancelled.

The matches will now be shot on 6 bull cards. The format will be as follows:

10 minutes prep time followed by 3 relays - 25 minutes per card including unlimited sighters on the first two targets of each card.

We'd like to thank everyone who has signed up so far, numbers have been so good that we are pleased to announce we are adding an extra detail for the Sunday. The detail will take place at 4pm and booking will be made available through the NTSA Website shortly.

Don't forget we'll also be hosting a barbecue following the shoot on Sunday which can be attended for the very reasonable cost of €5

Again, our sincerest apologies for the last minute change of logistics for the competition. Hopefully this won't cause problems for anyone. We look forward to seeing you all over the weekend.

All the best,
    DURC Jubilee Committee

Thats poor and fooked our weekend up!!, sorry but 3 off us have cancelled, good luck with the shoot guys and we are genuinely gutted for yous!!!:(

Gutted here too. Backed out of the 3x20 myself. The club's working like a sled dog to try put together as good a shoot as possible now, so hopefully it'll still be good. I would have loved a final though.

Really sorry it's messed up your weekend plans guys. Genuinely out of our control, if there was a better alternative we would have gone for it.

Hoipe you guys had a great weekend!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MiGiD

We'd a great weekend! 18 competitors with 38 starts so it was busy busy.

We'll get the full results up later. It's barbeque time now :D

• Advertisement

Prize haul for the weekend. See what happens when you don't turn up lads? :p

Photo0087.jpg?t=1338764115

Good man Dave! Nice awards too.

Good turnout I believe too.

Any scores?

Hope you got better weather than we got up here, very windy.

18 shooters for 38 individual starts between the two prone matches and the 3x20. Was very encouraging, and made for a great competitive shoot. Conditions were cold and wet, not terribly windy for the most part, but the cold alone made it challenging to shoot good scores. I don't have a full list but I'd expect them to be up by the end of the day more than likely, or very soon. Suffice to say I was beaten by a point for the aggregate, and had a 9 on my last shot. Harsh! Was a lot of fun though. Sorry things worked out the way they did, it really would have been tough for you guys to justify coming down, but you did miss a pretty nice two days of shooting.

Last-shot-itis? :D

Suffer a bit from that myself at times :o

demonloop wrote: »
    Last-shot-itis? :D

Suffer a bit from that myself at times :o

Not usually, but finished both matches this weekend on 9s. Poxy! Next time will be better!

Thank you to everyone who attended the DURC Jubilee 50m Open over the weekend. There was a great turnout and an excellent weekend of shooting despite the not so pleasant weather conditions.

We'd also like to thank everyone to helped out with the competition - The full Jubilee Committee for organising it, Aisling Miller for taking care of the scoring all weekend, Michael Madigan for arranging the online booking, MNSCI for the use of their range, Cathal Clifford, Gerry Power and ECSC for providing us with targets in our hour of need, Ray Reilly and Conor McDermottroe for lending us equipment and anyone else who we may have accidently forgotten to mention.

The full results are attached as a PDF and can also be viewed here - http://www.durcjubilee.com/50mopen.html

Advertisement