Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4S no signal?

• 11-05-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey,

My iPhone 4S lost signal about an hour ago and it hasn't returned. It's not the sim as I tried it in another phone and it works. Anyone come across this? Tried rebooting, Taking out the sim etc and nothing seems to work. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Duff wrote: »
    Hey,

My iPhone 4S lost signal about an hour ago and it hasn't returned. It's not the sim as I tried it in another phone and it works. Anyone come across this? Tried rebooting, Taking out the sim etc and nothing seems to work. :(

Have you got the phone from new and was it jail broken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Yeah have it new since February. Jailbroke it the day I got it, never had any problems until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I had that problem once with my old 3G about a year ago. The only thing that fixed it was connecting to iTunes.

Just updated the software and still no change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Duff wrote: »
    Just updated the software and still no change.

Try a backup and restore in iTunes.

Failing that, it's off to Apple with your handset :(

• Advertisement

Kensington wrote: »
    Try a backup and restore in iTunes.

Failing that, it's off to Apple with your handset :(

Just did, Apple it is. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Mine did this too, Have you tried turning 3G off? The 3G chipset got screwed up in mine so it would only work with it disabled. I know it's not a fix but it might make the phone usable until you can get it replaced.

Got it sorted. Got a phone call on my landline from Vodafone saying the screwed up my sim by accident. Thank god I'm out of contract with them. Awful network!

Advertisement