Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed Sign On date Sick

• 11-05-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi Guys

justcalled a friend of mine there a few minutes ago to see if she fancied going for a walk , she was all panicky and explained she is very unwell with a vomiting type bug and has been like this pretty much all week.She only realised this afternoon she missed her sign on on Tuesday. She had no credit in her phone and was delighted when I called but it was too late for me to get an answer from the social welfare for her.

So question is what can/should she do now ?
    Would a doctors note cover her for missing her sign on?
    Will she have her jobseekers cut or is there a procedure for missing sign on?
    Anyone with any info or experience on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Technically if you are sick then you should be on Illness Benefit. Too sick to sign on, then you are too sick to be "available and genuinely looking for work".

She'll have to contact them though to find out what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Shao

Funkfield wrote: »
    Technically if you are sick then you should be on Illness Benefit. Too sick to sign on, then you are too sick to be "available and genuinely looking for work".

She'll have to contact them though to find out what will happen.

really? That's crazy , it's not like she's going to be I'll for months please god , thanks for your reply :)

Advertisement