Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Pump Noise

Options
  • 11-05-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Got a new washer-dryer yesterday, a Hotpoint WDL540 to be exact. When
    the machine is pumping water out, the pump make and kind of cyclical sloshing noise. It's hard to describe peoperly, but I can put up a video later of if needs be. It doesn't sound like grinding really, so I'm fairly sure it's not a mechnical problem.

The water drains into an open pipe, just like that last one, and I have positioned the U-bend at a height of 750mm from the floor. The manual says it has to be over 650mm, but under 1m.

Any ideas? I'm aware that it could just be the operating noise, but it's a louder than I would have expected.

Regards,
    Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I have one of those machines and im on my second problem now,

First was a pump which started making them noises at 1 year old 6 months later it went and cost €85 to get replaced

Second problem has just happened where the door lock wont lock/open and im hoping someone on here can help (just made a new topic),

I'd get the receipt and get that noise checked while you have a guarantee before its too late.

Advertisement