Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Quota Question

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 billetdouxmimi

Hi

im just trying to figure out if we are too late for the visas to canada, we sent the application reg post on the 16th May and we received confirmation email on the 23rd. they advised they would be in contact in about 2 weeks.
    I know since mon 28th May they are all gone but what im trying to figure out is because we got a confirmation email that they have received our application that we are counted for the visa or is it only when you have made the payment you are counted?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TheLythes

Hi

im just trying to figure out if we are too late for the visas to canada, we sent the application reg post on the 16th May and we received confirmation email on the 23rd. they advised they would be in contact in about 2 weeks.
    I know since mon 28th May they are all gone but what im trying to figure out is because we got a confirmation email that they have received our application that we are counted for the visa or is it only when you have made the payment you are counted?

Thanks!

In exactly the same boat and I've been asking the same question... some say yes its from when they scan in the barcode page. Some say no, its when they request payment, as if you dont pay within the correct time parameters (2 weeks is it) you loose your place. Although website says in circumstances where people have paid and they reach their quota you will be refunded, so this too seems to quash this theory too. I just dont know. Let me know if you do find out.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

TheLythes wrote: »
    In exactly the same boat and I've been asking the same question... some say yes its from when they scan in the barcode page. Some say no, its when they request payment, as if you dont pay within the correct time parameters (2 weeks is it) you loose your place. Although website says in circumstances where people have paid and they reach their quota you will be refunded, so this too seems to quash this theory too. I just dont know. Let me know if you do find out.:)

Im another one in the same situation as ye , got confirmation email just before the quota was closed . Waiting and hoping for request of payment . No one seems to know , not even my agent .
    But Im hopeful and optimistic Ill get a place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭NakedNNettles

Let's be honest, the Canadina reps have done an amazing job this year. The quota is full already. Last year I inquired around August and they still had about 2000 left.

Here are the dire facts though, this Canadian drive has been really pushed in all the eligible countries this year due to the lack of uptake last year, you would have to ask why? Is there really enough work to support everyone heading over considering the economic instability worldwide and the glut of numbers entering next year.

Call me cynical but how many blow all their savings heading over and try to get set up only to discover its not the promised land, are then subsequently forced to return to their homeland. Who benefits from all this, one answer...Canada.

You have passed the first step, the all elusive 2013 visa but now consider your future plans for when you arrive, I think that is critical for a successful year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Let's be honest, the Canadina reps have done an amazing job this year. The quota is full already. Last year I inquired around August and they still had about 2000 left.

Here are the dire facts though, this Canadian drive has been really pushed in all the eligible countries this year due to the lack of uptake last year, you would have to ask why? Is there really enough work to support everyone heading over considering the economic instability worldwide and the glut of numbers entering next year.

Call me cynical but how many blow all their savings heading over and try to get set up only to discover its not the promised land, are then subsequently forced to return to their homeland. Who benefits from all this, one answer...Canada.

You have passed the first step, the all elusive 2013 visa but now consider your future plans for when you arrive, I think that is critical for a successful year.

The IEC is not intended as a migration vehicle.
    it just gets used as a path of least resistance into Canada.
    its meant to give people a chance to travel throughout Canada for a year and supplement their holiday with casual work.
    who used the visa like that? Almost noone I am willing to bet

as for who benifets who else is supposed to benefit? Canada gets to plug some of the gaps in the labour market and people get a chance to check out a grear cointry for a year

we came over here two years ago when it was still usit running the show and I am on a twp as I will be next year at which poiint we we apply for a PNP.

My advice to anyone coming over would be if you want to stay sort your sh1t out and look at sponsorship and dont rely on a holiday visa to keep you here for a second year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭NakedNNettles

red menace wrote: »
    The IEC is not intended as a migration vehicle.
    it just gets used as a path of least resistance into Canada.
    its meant to give people a chance to travel throughout Canada for a year and supplement their holiday with casual work.
    who used the visa like that? Almost noone I am willing to bet

as for who benifets who else is supposed to benefit? Canada gets to plug some of the gaps in the labour market and people get a chance to check out a grear cointry for a year

we came over here two years ago when it was still usit running the show and I am on a twp as I will be next year at which poiint we we apply for a PNP.

My advice to anyone coming over would be if you want to stay sort your sh1t out and look at sponsorship and dont rely on a holiday visa to keep you here for a second year.

I think that is solid information, I see so many on here making plans like they are leaving Ireland for a number of years but the sad reality is that the visa is a 1 year WHV.

I think it will be an amazing experience for those going but just keep the 1 year factor in mind and try use it as a stepping stone if you are that way inclined.

Personally I wanted to go to Canada myself at one stage on the WHV, but after my WHV experiences in Australia and NZ I decided that its more important to aim for something more long term that recognises my field of experience and allows me to settle down and fit into a community.

I found that WH Visa's just don't allow this. You're always on the move, never fully settled and at a disadvantage with employers trying to fill skilled long term positions. Heading back to Ireland with no long term plan is always a low point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Yes, they have a labour shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nik86

Got my email today stating that my application met all IEC criteria and has been passed on to the Visa Section.
    Hopefully I'll get my LOI soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Nik86 wrote: »
    Got my email today stating that my application met all IEC criteria and has been passed on to the Visa Section.
    Hopefully I'll get my LOI soon :)

Great news Nik86 :)

What date did you send your applicaition? and was it long before you were requested for payment?

I sent mine before the cut off and received my notice of receipt email that they got my application about 10 Days ago, still waiting on payment email. Hopefully they request it soon and dont just send application back coz Quota full.

orgaz wrote: »
    Great news Nik86 :)

What date did you send your applicaition? and was it long before you were requested for payment?

I sent mine before the cut off and received my notice of receipt email that they got my application about 10 Days ago, still waiting on payment email. Hopefully they request it soon and dont just send application back coz Quota full.

They began processing my application on May 8th and requested payment on May 28th. I paid that day and got my application passed on to the Visa Section yesterday which was June 8th.

It says wait up to 6 weeks before getting your LOI from this point but of the other 3 people I'm travelling with, one waited around 7 days, my cousin waited 2 weeks and my other friend had to wait 7 weeks but her application was delayed because they initially requested she take a medical before they issued her LOI.

I'm hoping it won't be too long now and that I do actually get one.

Hope you get one too :)

• Advertisement

Got my request of payment today :D

How long it takes to get visa now ?

Does anyone know If the payment is correct e105 and I follow the correct payment method is there any other reason they could refuse visa at this stage ?

rusheen wrote: »
    Got my request of payment today :D

How long it takes to get visa now ?

Does anyone know If the payment is correct e105 and I follow the correct payment method is there any other reason they could refuse visa at this stage ?

How long it takes to get visa now ? (There is no def answer for this, but they should get through it alot quicker now that applications are closed)

Does anyone know If the payment is correct e105 and I follow the correct payment method is there any other reason they could refuse visa at this stage ? Just make sure its the same amount thats requested in your payment email and the right details of where to send it etc, you should be fine

What date was your application received? Mine was received on 28th May and still waiting on payment email, hopefully get it soon.. PMA :D

Hopefully all goes to plan now :)

Got my notice of receipt on May 23 .

How long it takes to get visa now ? (There is no def answer for this, but they should get through it alot quicker now that applications are closed)

Does anyone know If the payment is correct e105 and I follow the correct payment method is there any other reason they could refuse visa at this stage ? Just make sure its the same amount thats requested in your payment email and the right details of where to send it etc, you should be fine

What date was your application received? Mine was received on 28th May and still waiting on payment email, hopefully get it soon.. PMA :D

If you're applying from the UK, make sure you pay £90 and not 105 Euros tho cause there was a technical error that went around regarding that and it took me a whole load of email communication back and forth with them to sort it.

Got my NOR on 23'rd May too...... still no payment request tho:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ladyluck1803

I got NOR on 23rd May too.
    Got payment request on Tuesday, 12th June and paid it yesterday. My fiance is exactly the same.
    I'd advise not using aib internet banking as did not get receipt and started to panic so paid it again in branch!
    Whats another €105 when i could lose the place instead!

Hope that helps and dont panic im sure you'll get payment request soon

This is brilliant that they are still requesting payment. They must be honouring applications that were sent in before the deadline (28th May) !!!

Well thats what im hoping anway lol :D

Got my NOR on 28th May so hopefully I get a payment email in the next 2 weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

This is brilliant that they are still requesting payment. They must be honouring applications that were sent in before the deadline (28th May) !!!

Well thats what im hoping anway lol :D

Got my NOR on 28th May so hopefully I get a payment email in the next 2 weeks!!!

I doubt they will honour applications just because they got in before the deadline! Once the quota is reached I'm pretty sure that's it. I paid yesterday but still think there is a chance they could be gone before I get LOI. Fingers crossed though :)

I doubt they will honour applications just because they got in before the deadline! Once the quota is reached I'm pretty sure that's it. I paid yesterday but still think there is a chance they could be gone before I get LOI. Fingers crossed though :)

Why wouldnt they ????

I applied just before the deadline when there was 400+ places left as per information on the Canadian embassy website . The numbers went down rapidly from 400 to zero in about two weeks .

Surely lots of visas from the initial 5500 were invalid or not taking up etc. Say at least 200 .
    So why or how do you think Canada wont honour visa applications just before the deadline , but yet in on time before there was zero ??
    Theres something seriously wrong in their visa department if they cant get there figures correct . How hard is it ?
    Receive Visa application
    Validate
    Reduce the figure from original 5500

Theres alot of people waiting anxiously for news on their visa , comments like that hardly help .

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

Why wouldnt they ????

I applied just before the deadline when there was 400+ places left as per information on the Canadian embassy website . The numbers went down rapidly from 400 to zero in about two weeks .

Surely lots of visas from the initial 5500 were invalid or not taking up etc. Say at least 200 .
    So why or how do you think Canada wont honour visa applications just before the deadline , but yet in on time before there was zero ??
    Theres something seriously wrong in their visa department if they cant get there figures correct . How hard is it ?
    Receive Visa application
    Validate
    Reduce the figure from original 5500

Theres alot of people waiting anxiously for news on their visa , comments like that hardly help .

What I meant was applications after they had got to zero with valid applications! I am waiting anxiously too but being realistic at the same time. I wasn't trying to make anyone worry. Got passed to second stage today so hopefully I will get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

I got NOR on 23rd May too.
    Got payment request on Tuesday, 12th June and paid it yesterday. My fiance is exactly the same.
    I'd advise not using aib internet banking as did not get receipt and started to panic so paid it again in branch!
    Whats another €105 when i could lose the place instead!

Hope that helps and dont panic im sure you'll get payment request soon

Me and my girlfirend both used AIB internet banking and it was fine. I got payment confirmation but my girlfriend didn't. We both got our LOI's so it's just pot luck and not down to internet banking whether you get a payment confirmation. I wouldn't pay the fee twice because it's sure to cause headaches later in the process.

Hey,

I got passed 2nd stage this morning . Only paid yesterday .

Now the wait

Hey,

I got passed 2nd stage this morning . Only paid yesterday .

Now the wait

Wow thats quick!! We paid yesterday and sent emails too so fingers crossed!!

Got my LOI at 01:04 this morning :) Best email I've ever received.

(My application was passed on to the final section on June 8th btw for anyone trying to figure out a timeline for their own applications).

(My application was passed on to the final section on June 8th btw for anyone trying to figure out a timeline for their own applications).

Thats brilliant!! We got our passed CIC Thursday ( 21st June) so fingers crossed......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

happy days!! By final section do ya mean passed to cic? Mine was sent 15th june so living in hope!!

m.j.w wrote: »
    happy days!! By final section do ya mean passed to cic? Mine was sent 15th june so living in hope!!

Yeah. Hope you get one too :)

Advertisement