Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Wexford Town.

Options
  • 11-05-2012 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

hi. i was just wondering does anyone know if there is a restaurant called "lana rosa" or something like that in wexford?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Its nona rosa on South Main St. I really like it - except the carpaccio starter....

http://www.nonnarosa.ie/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Delicious authentic Italian food at very good prices. Owned by a young Italian couple. They also run Blue Marine restaurant on the quay too. Nona Rosa rules in my world.

Paulo Tullio gave them excellent review. check his website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Just looked at his review - looks like a lovely Restaurant - on my to-do list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

Never had a worse meal than I had in that place - never going back there !! Even for coffee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

People say it's a great place. Only in it once for lunch, wasn't impressed.

Ryan T wrote: »
    Never had a worse meal than I had in that place - never going back there !! Even for coffee

What was up with it? And what did they say when you complained to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

My starter of bruschetta was soggy and both our mains were cold. Our complaints were met with a shrug of the shoulders and an explanation that "we are very busy tonight " . Poor food and poor service - that was my experience of it

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

I think they must be living off Paulo's review!
    Have eaten there and hated it. Worse Mussels ever, main course of pasta was stodge!! Waitress didn't ask why the food was left on the plate ... I assume she knew what I was going to say.

Never again!!!

My experience was the complete opposite, I wouldn't go by anything Paulo Tullio says. I thoroughly enjoyed the food and having eaten in Italy I thought it was quite comparable, suppose it should considering the two owners are young authentic Italians.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

vicwatson wrote: »
    My experience was the complete opposite, I wouldn't go by anything Paulo Tullio says. I thoroughly enjoyed the food and having eaten in Italy I thought it was quite comparable, suppose it should considering the two owners are young authentic Italians.

20586547.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I do agree that it can be hit and miss. The carpaccio starter I had was full of bones and not good. However some of the dishes are fairly good and I love the fact that its not a big restaurant. I also like the fact that you can bring your own wine, and last time I was there a guitarist was playing in the corner and it was really nice!

And to be honest, It is so much better then robertinos for pasta and pizza. If anyone can recomment a better italian in Wexford (not Enniscorthy), I'd be delighted.

20586547.jpg

Funny guy, NOT

As you don't seem to have the ability to understand my point, I was merely pointing out that I've eaten great Italian food in Italy and I thought the food in Nona Rossa was comparable to that.

Let me know if you don't understand that, and I'll try put it in more simple language for you ok?

Dinkie wrote: »
    I do agree that it can be hit and miss. The carpaccio starter I had was full of bones and not good. However some of the dishes are fairly good and I love the fact that its not a big restaurant. I also like the fact that you can bring your own wine, and last time I was there a guitarist was playing in the corner and it was really nice!

And to be honest, It is so much better then robertinos for pasta and pizza. If anyone can recomment a better italian in Wexford (not Enniscorthy), I'd be delighted.

Also the fact that they don't charge corkage for the first bottle of wine, only for subsequent ones. Nice touch.

Advertisement