Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no debs date :(

• 11-05-2012 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

ahh :( the debs are in late august and I still don't have a date for the debs :/ nearly everyone in my year pretty much knows who their bringing but i dont!! I just dont know any lads well enough to ask them and it doesnt help that im really shy when it comes to lad :( i dont know if I should still go or not??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

ahh :( the debs are in late august and I still don't have a date for the debs :/ nearly everyone in my year pretty much knows who their bringing but i dont!! I just dont know any lads well enough to ask them and it doesnt help that im really shy when it comes to lad :( i dont know if I should still go or not??

I'll go with you. Though I am 23 and it'll probably be creepy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

God I have this exact problem as well, except it's the complete opposite.

All these girls texting me and begging me to take them to the debs and i'm just like "Get away wench" *Brain chop*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Don't bring longhalloween anyway, he's obviously an opportunistic pervert.

Could you go by yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Go, you will probably have more fun on your own than having to worry about whoever you bring along!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

A guy in my year brought his cousin. Do that?

Nobody will laugh behind your back.........honestly :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Don't bring longhalloween anyway, he's obviously an opportunistic pervert.

Could you go by yourself?

Harsh. I saw the thread title on the main page and I just dropped in to say hi.

Opportunistic pervert:rolleyes:

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fashiongurl94

I suppose I could go by myself, but it would just be nice to have someone to be with in the picture, and also my friends all have dates so I dont want to be left out yeno?? :/

I suppose I could go by myself, but it would just be nice to have someone to be with in the picture, and also my friends all have dates so I dont want to be left out yeno?? :/

Is there anybody in your year you would like to invite? Or how about someone from outside your school that may be available?

Is there anybody in your year you would like to invite? Or how about someone from outside your school that may be available?
    thats the problem, I left it far too late and everyone already has a date. I know a few people outside school but no one really really well.... just drunken night fun?? i you get me?? ;) and seems like they have all gotten into relationships now (not in elationships at the time though) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Get your friends dates to ask one of their friends. Happened to a few of my friends they didnt know anyone to bring so they got there friend's dates to bring a friend. That way you have someone to be in pictures with and you don't have to stay with them the whole night cuz theyll have friends. You might even get another debs out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Are we meant to have dates yet? I have no idea who I'm bringing :L Sure you've the whole summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Wesc. wrote: »
    Are we meant to have dates yet? I have no idea who I'm bringing :L Sure you've the whole summer!

Ye I havent even thought about it yet :P Haha!

thats the problem, I left it far too late and everyone already has a date. I know a few people outside school but no one really really well.... just drunken night fun?? i you get me?? ;) and seems like they have all gotten into relationships now (not in elationships at the time though) :P

Sure if there is some one you know that would be fun to have there ask them, it should be a fun night after all :D

Wesc. wrote: »
    yeah i have been pretty laid back about it too up till now :P because I only realised today that nearly everyone in my year already know who their bringing... hmm maybe my year is just a very organised bunch hahah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Sure you don't need to decide till nearer the time, concentrate on the LC first.
    A girl down the road got her Mam to ask me so I wouldn't worry about being shy. You can bring anyone. You could even text any lad you know and ask him and I'm sure they'll be happy to go along. It's just a bit of craic like, don't fret it! :)

yeah i have been pretty laid back about it too up till now :P because I only realised today that nearly everyone in my year already know who their bringing... hmm maybe my year is just a very organised bunch hahah :)

When is it? If its not till after the summer, there is loads of time to find someone :)

yeah guys I think your right! kinda feel stupid now for being in such a panic :P
    thanks for the advice though, appreciate it :)

When is it? If its not till after the summer, there is loads of time to find someone :)
    around the 20th of august i think :P

Loads of time so, panic over ;) Good luck in the exams then start thinking about your debs! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Buy me beer all night, i'll go

I even own a tux!

:pac:

Loads of time so, panic over ;) Good luck in the exams then start thinking about your debs! :)

yeah thanks you right :)

Buy me beer all night, i'll go

I even own a tux!

:pac:

Hahahaha??? really ........ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

One of my friends brought her friend to the debs (another girl)
    Or see if your friends know anybody you could bring or if you had a male cousin you could maybe ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ismisekatie

you have to go!!! seriously though, the 'date' aspect only really applies for the photo taking in the begining but you will have a MUCH better time being free to hang around with your friends with out him (especially if you arent really good friends) there! you can sit at a table with your friends and dance with your friends! its not like people are glued to their dates and you will be alone! i am 1 million % in favour of you going!! :D you'll have a 'ball'!! geddit? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

This thread made me sad :(. I have two tickets and nobody to go with yet! We'll have to see how the summer goes, hopefully I'll meet somebody somehow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

A girl down the road got her Mam to ask me

Awwww.

you have to go!!! seriously though, the 'date' aspect only really applies for the photo taking in the begining but you will have a MUCH better time being free to hang around with your friends with out him (especially if you arent really good friends) there! you can sit at a table with your friends and dance with your friends! its not like people are glued to their dates and you will be alone! i am 1 million % in favour of you going!! :D you'll have a 'ball'!! geddit? :P
    yeah thats the only thing i want to have a date for is the photos haha :P thanks for the advice! :) il see how the summer goes and if i dont have a date by then ill have the confidence to go by myself! im just kinda paranoid and id be afraid ppl would be laughing behind my back ( sounds pathetic i know hahah )

This thread made me sad :(. I have two tickets and nobody to go with yet! We'll have to see how the summer goes, hopefully I'll meet somebody somehow!

awww dont worry :) hopefully well both find someone over the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

If you want everyone looking at you, take me - guaranteed to make you noticed, mohawk, chains, giant boots and damn good smile. I don't own a tux, but I've some pretty nice jeans and shirts, hell, I'll even buy you a drink!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement