Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hornady 130gr SST .270

Options
  • 11-05-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Hornady 130gr SST .270.

Anybody know where I can get these for a decent price in or around Limerick, Clare or North Tipp.

Any help welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Not sure about there, but best Hornady prices I got were from McCarthy's in Prosperous. I'd give them a ring. They might post the ammo to you. I bought 117gr SSTs in the .25-06 for €32.50 a box I think it was, when everywhere else was over €40. Definitely worth a phone call. I'd expect the .270 stuff to be the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Not sure about there, but best Hornady prices I got were from McCarthy's in Prosperous. I'd give them a ring. They might post the ammo to you. I bought 117gr SSTs in the .25-06 for €32.50 a box I think it was, when everywhere else was over €40. Definitely worth a phone call. I'd expect the .270 stuff to be the same price.

Thanks might try there, it about the middle of the road price. I have got them for €30 a box in athlone:D:D
    but shop in galway is looking for €38 a box, :eek::eek: +€10 postage,
    but all of them a bit far away from me.

Thanks might try there, it about the middle of the road price. I have got them for €30 a box in athlone:D:D
    but shop in galway is looking for €38 a box, :eek::eek: +€10 postage,
    but all of them a bit far away from me.

To be honest even €38 isn't too bad. I've gotten charged up to about €42 for those in .25-06. Would love to have been paying €30! Using the Federal Powershok soft points which are absolutely brilliant. Got 100 off John Lambert for €125 which is the best value I've found. They shoot very well and kill very well. Would be worth a look for yourself for a change of bullet. Definitely the best value going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

They're £25 here which is about €32.
    If your fit to get them for €30 buy all you can carry!

To be honest even €38 isn't too bad. I've gotten charged up to about €42 for those in .25-06. Would love to have been paying €30! Using the Federal Powershok soft points which are absolutely brilliant. Got 100 off John Lambert for €125 which is the best value I've found. They shoot very well and kill very well. Would be worth a look for yourself for a change of bullet. Definitely the best value going.

TBH I have only used the SST's in 130gr in the .270 I got 100 of them when I bought the rifle and never looked back and have not tried any thing else, but always willing to explore new things. My quarry is Red and Fallow Deer and a few goats with a few charlies in between.

• Advertisement

Sure, you'll see how the soft points work over the summer if we get to poke a goat with one. I think they're brilliant myself. Would definitely recommend them though, and sure, they're cheap and accurate. Perfect for summer practice if nothing else.

Glensman wrote: »
    They're £25 here which is about €32.
    If your fit to get them for €30 buy all you can carry!

Yea, I went into the shop to look for a .22lr and bought the box of rounds to show him I was serious. €33 on the box give me €30 he said, no prob,
    2 weeks later back in the same shop different lad on the counter asked for 2 more boxes told him I had got them 2 weeks previous. how much did you pay last time he asked, I said 33 on the box but he gave them to me for 30. €55 for the 2 boxes so, said he . Happy days

Sure, you'll see how the soft points work over the summer if we get to poke a goat with one. I think they're brilliant myself. Would definitely recommend them though, and sure, they're cheap and accurate. Perfect for summer practice if nothing else.

Will try them then alright.

Yea, I went into the shop to look for a .22lr and bought the box of rounds to show him I was serious. €33 on the box give me €30 he said, no prob,
    2 weeks later back in the same shop different lad on the counter asked for 2 more boxes told him I had got them 2 weeks previous. how much did you pay last time he asked, I said 33 on the box but he gave them to me for 30. €55 for the 2 boxes so, said he . Happy days

Sounds like my sort of gun shop! Whereabouts is this? Sounds like they deserve a plug.

Sounds like my sort of gun shop! Whereabouts is this? Sounds like they deserve a plug.

Tell ye tomorrow after I phone them:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Scullys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

John Lambert was best i could find for decent prices on all SST by Hornady

• Site Banned Posts: 179 ✭✭JasonBourne

I also have bought them from john lambert. there a save round and wouldnt put anything else through my steyr .270

Finally got sorted Scully is posting a few boxes to me:D:D:D

Goats Beware:eek::eek:

Advertisement