Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence for a 22 time frame (not first FA)

Options
  • 11-05-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

10th May - handed in form.
    11th May - phone call from my very very nice FO. All ok with paperwork - up on system now.

I'm just curious to see how long it'll take :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

That is quick goin already! But more important whats the new gun????!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

LB6 wrote: »
    10th May - handed in form.
    11th May - phone call from my very very nice FO. All ok with paperwork - up on system now.

I'm just curious to see how long it'll take :D

I am in the same county as you and got a .270 last year in 2 weeks. I am now over 7 weeks waiting for a .22lr. I understand that there is a new super in the station I use maybe this is the reason, but you can never tell

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nice one LB6. I still think the most efficient though is the time I was a reference for IRLConor. When he dropped in the form, I'd gotten a phone call to verify I was willing to vouch for him before he even made it home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

I've heard that some garda department are draging there heals because of some sort of dispute... I have a lad buying a shotie off me and it's taking its time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Paddy Hogan is the FO in Roxboro, where I have to go to. Very amenable lad. Into the guns himself so knows the score. Even said, that he'd fix paperwork, that should have been done last year when I sold the KK200. Seemingly, my name was still on it! :eek:
    Haven't heard from the two ref's yet to say he'd been in touch.
    It's a Valmet Finnish Lion (now owned by Tikka). Times tickin' :D

Hope they don't drag their heels Tack - would like to get going with this one soon-ish!

• Advertisement

Paddy Hogan is the FO in Roxboro, where I have to go to. Very amenable lad. Into the guns himself so knows the score. Even said, that he'd fix paperwork, that should have been done last year when I sold the KK200. Seemingly, my name was still on it! :eek:
    Haven't heard from the two ref's yet to say he'd been in touch.
    It's a Valmet Finnish Lion (now owned by Tikka). Times tickin' :D

Hope they don't drag their heels Tack - would like to get going with this one soon-ish!

I'm in Henry St. via Mary St.

I'm in Henry St. via Mary St.

Thought you'd have been over in Mayorstone then? There's a decent FO over there too.

Thought you'd have been over in Mayorstone then? There's a decent FO over there too.

No, Mary St, I am wrong side of Hassetts Cross for Mayrostone, and a few lads I know can never get joy in Mayorstone. Had a great FO in Mary St, but he is now in Henry St, and not an FO any more at least that is my understanding of it.

TBH - It should be that gardai, who are shooting enthuasists, should be FO's, not just some joesoap who only knows about them on paper. Doesn't bode well at all for ppl trying to get licences. Hope your 22 comes through fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Best of luck with a quick return on your licence. The new .22 sounds good, a nice fancy name 'Valmet Finnish Lion'

I put in for a SG pump yesterday myself. God only knows how long it will take.

• Advertisement

TBH - It should be that gardai, who are shooting enthuasists, should be FO's, not just some joesoap who only knows about them on paper. Doesn't bode well at all for ppl trying to get licences. Hope your 22 comes through fast.

And yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

lb are ya getting rid of the anny?that finishlion is a beauty of a 22!!

no bazza, hanging onto the ones that I have. Sold the KK last year, and was like cutting off my right arm!...... ie. NO you can't have my 1411! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭franknrol

going from a 22 to a .223, went in today with form and FO said i,d have it in the post thursday at the latest. Feirce nice lad he is, shoots too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

ok lb:( hope ya get the new gun soon!

Friday 18th May - received today.

Letter of notice of application form received (dated 11th May)

Grant Notice Letter dated 16th May

5 days from application receipt by FO to grant not bad at all.

Thank you FO and Super @ Roxboro. :D

Friday 18th May

Letter of notice of application form received (dated 11th May)

Grant Notice Letter dated 16th May

5 days from application receipt by FO to grant not bad at all.

Thank you FO and Super @ Roxboro. :D

Nice one. Leave a few bunnies for me;);)

They'll be safe GP. I only shoot paper. ;)

Advertisement