Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Online Space Strategy Game

Options
  • 11-05-2012 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey everyone,

Myself and a friend have recently set up an ogame style space strategy game, it's free so please check it out and join in on the fun!

It's still fairly new so we're trying to get some players on board so feel free to tell friends smile.gif

Also I hope to setup a forum for game discussion soon enough and i'll probably need some volunteers to moderate etc.

Anyway let us know what you think! smile.gif

The website is www.basezenith.com

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

A bump 'cos it's Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

very nice art assets guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Finding it confusing to figure out how many resources I've actually got at my disposal.

As was said though, nice art assets. Nice idea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 skateboardP

Finding it confusing to figure out how many resources I've actually got at my disposal.

As was said though, nice art assets. Nice idea too.

Thanks! You can see the amount of resources available to you at the top bar, the rates at which the resources increase are on the resources page.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

yeah, great job, looks brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Am I seeing some Eve artwork in there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Giving it a go, seems like it could be good if i could figure out whats going on. A basic tutorial would be nice. :)

Yea we're thinking about putting a wiki up with some tutorials on how to get started, it would be useful as other players could contribute to it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Layout on the homepage needs tweaking lads:
    vNJNN.png

Minor bugbear: Don't like the way on the build page on something you don't have enough resources to build some of the resources are greyed out and there is no mouseover showing what you require to get it up and running so I can't plan anything in advance.

EDIT: I'd also like to see a numerical indicator for resources required for building/upgrading rather than mousing over. Not a massive issue tho :)

Further edit: Ignore first point... I've figured out if it's greyed out it's not required :P Sorry.

• Advertisement

Am I seeing some Eve artwork in there :P

Just spotted what Canis was talking about this minute. Might want to put in different placeholders. I wouldn't like to put some time into this only for it to be gone with a legal notice. :)

Gaunty wrote: »
    Just spotted what Canis was talking about this minute. Might want to put in different placeholders. I wouldn't like to put some time into this only for it to be gone with a legal notice. :)

It's kinda fun going through everything to spot it. I've been out of Eve for years so it's hard to be sure all but there's definitely a Megathron, maybe a Dominix/Brutix used, maybe a Moros. (someone is a fan of Gallente). The 'Trader' background is also taken. I'd say the rest are generic pictures of 'scifi' taken from google and other things look potentially like RTS artwork.

Anyway, yeah, whilst I won't be telling :P you'll really need someone to change the artwork if you intend to expand. You can't be taking stuff like that and passing it off as your own.

Don't worry we'll be tweaking those things in the coming weeks, we're just trying to get a player base at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Just tried to sign up, but was unable to. The checkbox to accept terms and conditions overlaps with the email address box, so I cannot select accept t&c. Not sure if I described that well, basically clicking to accept the t&c instead selects 'confirm email address'. Tried with both chrome and firefox, if it matters. Screenshot here. Let us know when its fixed, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Slozer

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Just tried to sign up, but was unable to. The checkbox to accept terms and conditions overlaps with the email address box, so I cannot select accept t&c. Not sure if I described that well, basically clicking to accept the t&c instead selects 'confirm email address'. Tried with both chrome and firefox, if it matters. Screenshot here. Let us know when its fixed, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Yeah I had this issue too, had to tab to the accept terms checkbox and press space bar.

Slozer wrote: »
    Yeah I had this issue too, had to tab to the accept terms checkbox and press space bar.

Ah, why didn't I think of that? :o

JBnaglfar wrote: »

Thanks for pointing that out - please try register again and let me know if you've any trouble!

I already registered using Slozer's method, but I checked anyway and it is fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hey everyone,

Myself and a friend have recently set up an ogame style space strategy game, it's free so please check it out and join in on the fun!

It's still fairly new so we're trying to get some players on board so feel free to tell friends smile.gif

Also I hope to setup a forum for game discussion soon enough and i'll probably need some volunteers to moderate etc.

Anyway let us know what you think! smile.gif

The website is www.basezenith.com

This post would be drastically improved by the addition of a description of the game, a brief history of its development, lots of in-game screenshots and maybe a video of some gameplay. Presentation matters!

Bump for cannon fodder :P

• Advertisement

For anyone who's enjoying the game and is feeling generous please give us a vote here : http://www.omgspider.com/in.php?game_id=2423

It will help us get further up the list which equals more players! :)

Also please tell your friends if you want to help support the project!

Cheers and thanks again for all your feedback and comments.

Wow wow wow. The game is very alpha. Bit early with the monetization lads.

Just saw dark matter go up for sale :P

All this game does is make me pine for Epoch Online. Would love another round of that.

EDIT: They're a bit mad as well. For a fiver I could get a GINORMOUS resource advantage.

You know that scene in the Social Network where one character is saying they have to monetize the site, and the other is saying that it is too early, they have something cool and they shouldn't risk losing it? Y'know how the first guy got thrown out of the business and the second guy became the youngest billionaire on the planet? Yeah. Too early.

EDIT: Also, in their Terms and Conditions (largely unreadable in parts) they seem to reserve the right to share your email address with anyone they like.

Wasn't expecting it to become a wallet game already. The rewards for small donations are crazy as well. Way way ahead of what a non-paying player could hope to compete with.

Guys the bonus packs are being tested at the moment so don't worry these will likely be adjusted.

As for the T&C's, under no circumstances will your email address be shared with anyone or any company.
    This will be amended in the T&Cs

Zillah wrote: »
    EDIT: Also, in their Terms and Conditions (largely unreadable in parts)

Yeah, you might wanna improve your spelling before working on new features. Noticed several mistakes in descriptions etc. Sometimes the grammar is off, looks like a non native speaker?
    15. May 2012, 14:42:53	[B]Fleet head qua animal[/B]	Fleet return
    One of your fleets sweeps of the attack at the planet [1:9:8] back. You have captured 17 of Metal, 23 of Crystal, 10 of Deuterium and 0 of Norium

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Fair play lads, at least you're listening, the donation packs etc are gone now. :)

Ok, decided to give it a shot. Quite liking it so far, nifty little 4x so far. No idea how combat/exploration is implemented but I'm enjoying building my mines and stuff. Am I right in saying that to go into space I need to get some deuterium so that I can get a research lab so I can research the technology that will unlock a shipyard? Interface could really use some sound effects - a few soft bleeps or clicks for the buttons would be nice.

You guys are gonna have so many copyright claims against you if you start making money from this.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    Ok, decided to give it a shot. Quite liking it so far, nifty little 4x so far. No idea how combat/exploration is implemented but I'm enjoying building my mines and stuff. Am I right in saying that to go into space I need to get some deuterium so that I can get a research lab so I can research the technology that will unlock a shipyard? Interface could really use some sound effects - a few soft bleeps or clicks for the buttons would be nice.

You guys are gonna have so many copyright claims against you if you start making money from this.

Yeah, whats non profit is normally ignored but once if becomes a paid service expect 101 subpoenas.

Zillah you need 2 robot factories for a shipyard, which takes a fair bit of deuterium. Then you need a research centre to do energy tech and combustion engines. Then you can start launching fighters, which cost a fair whack(5k M and 2K C). For now focus on getting 4 good mines going and power for them. Then when you wake up tomorrow you'll actually have some funds to work with. Oh yeah, and pray none of the people above me find you before then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement