Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Online Space Strategy Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Gaunty wrote: »
    Is it possible to reduce the bonus of the few players who got the 5,000 missile launchers before it was changed to match the players who only got a 1,000 missile launcher bonus for the tutorial? Or do the missile launchers not really matter in the long run and it'll be ok?

Hey, don't be bitter because you weren't DEDICATED enough to do the tutorial when the going was good. Next time I see you get a reward I'll kick up a stink :P

Hoooooowever, I think the devs are really going to need to rethink either this entire gift for EVERYONE or the battle mechanics of the game will need to be tweaked imo. No planet should have 1000 of anything. That's 66.6 HOURS never mind the resources and it's a tad worrying that the dev considers 1000 missile launchers as an ok gift. What does this mean down the line for defending a planet? 1000 of everything is desirable? That's obviously not feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 skateboardP

The rocket launchers are pretty weak actually and have a terrible attack performance! They can be easily wiped out! However we might change this to an extra resource bonus instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Just discovered that this site isint blocked in work, can work away happily now.

How does albacore have 198,240 points already?

Oh and regarding a boards allaince, think this is a great idea. Would many people be interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

Figured i'd give it a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 skateboardP

Just discovered that this site isint blocked in work, can work away happily now.

Oh and regarding a boards allaince, think this is a great idea. Would many people be interested?

the albacore account is actually a test account so it probably has a large amount of defenses

• Advertisement

the albacore account is actually a test account so it probably has a large amount of defenses

Ah ok... Note to self, avoid albacore :p

To be honest, am liking it so far. For the most part it's fairly straight forward. Keep it up :)

No point having a boards alliance, we make up most of the game atm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Just a thought ...

Might be an idea to make it so that players can have some kind of activity in space immediately. I mean it took me a day and a bit to be able to build a Shipyard - granted it took me longer than most perhaps but still. To keep new players in it, I'd suggest having it so that they can actually get involved in fighting if they wish.

Of course, you've to balance that with the fact they're very weak at the start, but still. I played a similar game - StargateWars a few years back and you could recruit troops from the get go. Made things a little more pacey at the start. Instead of just building and researching etc.

I personally like it the way it is, but I can see many people losing interest if they're not able to engage anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The rocket launchers are pretty weak actually and have a terrible attack performance! They can be easily wiped out! However we might change this to an extra resource bonus instead.

According to the battle sim though any current fleet(if my estimations of where people are at are correct) would be wiped out by 1001 of them. Any particular ship that would be good against them?(That isnt too far up the tech tree)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

If this is based on ogame, then 1000 launchers is a good early game defence, but mid game fleets would destroy it with no losses.
    Note to devs: Tutorial says to build a rocket launcher. They are called missile launchers everywhere else, except in the description.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

mcgovern wrote: »
    If this is based on ogame, then 1000 launchers is a good early game defence, but mid game fleets would destroy it with no losses.
    Note to devs: Tutorial says to build a rocket launcher. They are called missile launchers everywhere else, except in the description.

There is a few things like this I believe.

tut task 2: Upgrade the deuterium synthesizer to level 2
    Actual name: Refinery.

tut task 3: Build 20 Small Cargo Ships
    I'm currently on this task but I don't see small cargo ships. I see light :)

also the light ships need combustion engine. I assume this means I need to research it first however building a research facility does not come into play until task 3. Just a note ;)

Never mind that task 3, building 20 light cargo ships is a mahooosive investment and a seemingly pointless one in the early game.. What is a player gonna do with 20 cargo ships straight off the bat?

Noxin wrote: »
    also the light ships need combustion engine. I assume this means I need to research it first however building a research facility does not come into play until task 3. Just a note ;)

You should have a level one research before you build any ships anyways so thats not a problem.

ED E wrote: »
    You should have a level one research before you build any ships anyways so thats not a problem.

That is my point. Building the research lab comes at task 4. However to complete task 3 (building the ships) you need it beforehand :)

Never mind that task 3, building 20 light cargo ships is a mahooosive investment and a seemingly pointless one in the early game.. What is a player gonna do with 20 cargo ships straight off the bat?

Again, based on ogame, early game is about raiding people for resources, hoping they have no defence yet. Though with the relatively small numbers playing this, that probably won't work so well.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Again, based on ogame, early game is about raiding people for resources, hoping they have no defence yet. Though with the relatively small numbers playing this, that probably won't work so well.

Well anyone who has done tutorial 2 now has at least 1000 missile launchers so attacking early game is pointless :) The requirement has ben changed to 5 cargo ships now so that's a touch more reasonable.

Well anyone who has done tutorial 2 now has at least 1000 missile launchers so attacking early game is pointless :) The requirement has ben changed to 5 cargo ships now so that's a touch more reasonable.

Phew. Thank feck I didn't start building them all yet :D

Noxin wrote: »

Phew. Thank feck I didn't start building them all yet :D

Thank fook, was gearing myself up to build 20 (which i'd prolly never use), 5 is a lot lot better. If if have say oh 15k deut, and i get 10k as a reward, will i now have the full 25k or will it remain capped at 20k?

If a reward takes you over storage level you get to keep the extra but the mine stops working till you drop back below storage max.

If a reward takes you over storage level you get to keep the extra but the mine stops working till you drop back below storage max.

Cheers mate, was worried I'd have to build a storage yard to not lose the surplus.

• Advertisement

Thank fook, was gearing myself up to build 20 (which i'd prolly never use), 5 is a lot lot better. If if have say oh 15k deut, and i get 10k as a reward, will i now have the full 25k or will it remain capped at 20k?

Just checked my ogame account (in vacation for maybe 2 years), I've over 87,000 ships, so 20 is nothing ;)

Just as a 'warning' a friend in game sent a cargo ship to my system with stuff in it. It auto dropped it's load and insta returned.

Doesn't strike me as the best way of doing things.

Just as a 'warning' a friend in game sent a cargo ship to my system with stuff in it. It auto dropped it's load and insta returned.

Doesn't strike me as the best way of doing things.

Have had this problem many a time ;)

Devs can we get a brief step by step posted here on the following:
    How to cap a moon
    How to cap an unoccupied
    How to cap an enemy planet?

yup stuff like colony ships needs to have in their descriptions whether resources are needed to set up on an unoccupied planet and how much of what resource.

Lads lads lads, will ye slow down. I'm still only building my 5 light cargo ships :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

So am I. Those things are fecking expensive.

I assume one's home planet isn't capturable.

4k metal and 4k crystals, I'm not looking forward to building battleships :rolleyes:

This seems to be ogame with a different skin, so based on that:

No occupied planets are capturable. When you attack a planet successfully, you take a percentage of the resources there.
    To "capture" an unoccupied planet, you send a colony ship. There is likely a limit on how many planets you can have (potentially affected by one of the technologies). No resources are needed, but you'll need to build up the mines etc similar to your home planet. Planet position may or may not have an effect on things like mining rate/energy from solar satellites.
    A moon forms from debris of a battle. There is a chance each time the debris is big enough. In ogame, the cheapest way to get the highest chance (20%) is/was from destroying 1667 light fighters. The higher the chance of a moon forming, also affects the size of the moon that is formed if one does form. The bigger the moon, the harder it is to destroy.

Edit: Devs, the images on battle reports do not display, so you can't see what attacked you.

• Advertisement

Ah screw that. If I can't completely kill someone I've lost all interest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement