Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Online Space Strategy Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Ah screw that. If I can't completely kill someone I've lost all interest.

You can continuesly raid the one planet and rape it of all it resources... They're as good as dead then...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You can continuesly raid the one planet and rape it of all it resources... They're as good as dead then...

Nah, not interested in that. I want to kill or be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ah screw that. If I can't completely kill someone I've lost all interest.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

There is an option if you click on another players planet to hold it? I presume it is like tribal wars to be honest. You can conquer other players planets i'd think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Odd. My top resources bar says I've only 200 or so Crystal. But the resources page says 1.057. Bug?

• Advertisement

Odd. My top resources bar says I've only 200 or so Crystal. But the resources page says 1.057. Bug?

1057 is your resource rate, you get this per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Gaunty wrote: »
    There is an option if you click on another players planet to hold it? I presume it is like tribal wars to be honest. You can conquer other players planets i'd think?

As far as I know, Hold is to send your fleet to help defend an allies planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

One idea might be to have a page that displays what you've spent your resources on in a list. For example:

15.00 Expenditre: 4.000 Metal 4.000 Crystal, Spent on: Light Cargo Ship.
    15.15 Expenditure: 3 Deuterium, Spent on: Invading planet X

Etc. Just so people can see where they're focusing their efforts, or if they can't remember where they spent their stuff.

Just sim'd 85 Battleships+10 Light Fighters against 1001 Missile launchers.

Result is 54 battleships and 626 Launchers remaining. Wow it'll be hard to get into everyones bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Think I'll save up for a deathstar :D

• Advertisement

You can build missile silos which allow you to buy missile that can be used to destroy defence on nearby planets, relatively cheaply. You can also use it to build anti-missiles though :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Is this not exactly the same as some other games? You can buy the template? I played it in university..hmm what was the name...

Same gfx, same materials and all.

Yeah, just had a look at o-game thats been mentioned here several times. It really is just a shít version of that....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah yes it was ogame, jsut tried to log in to my account there and it seems to be deleted grr

so is ogame a better version of this? Worth playing??

so is ogame a better version of this? Worth playing??

Only done ten minutes, but yeah, its looking significantly better. Much nicer UI, no spelling mistakes or spanish, tutorial gives realistic bonuses and a much bigger playerbase by the looks of things.

ogame is great fun but realistically...if you start this game before somebody else you will always be better than them, so it is boring in that way...

Used to play an Irish game called Epoch online, had a reasonable following made by two lads in Dublin. Game worked in rounds, ran for a few months (can't remember exactly how long), you could die etc then there was a winner. After testing a new round was started up again. Worked really well but RL got in the way I think.

Used to play an Irish game called Epoch online, had a reasonable following made by two lads in Dublin. Game worked in rounds, ran for a few months (can't remember exactly how long), you could die etc then there was a winner. After testing a new round was started up again. Worked really well but RL got in the way I think.

Sounds like a cool idea.... were there any prizes :P

On topic, can you send dark matter via cargo ship and if so, anybody wanna send me 250 units of DM? :D

Edit: ah lol, just started an ogame account.... yeah those resources on the top are metal, crystal, deuterium, dark matter and energy.....

Can the Devs give a reason why someone should play their game over ogame? What differences are there between the two games?

Further edit: Everything in ogame is the same as BZ? Ye haven't even bothered changing the names of ANYTHING. The tutorials are the same!!! You're even using the same artwork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Warning bells went off when they started trying to monetize the game so early. Add to the fact that the developer doesn't seem to have English as a first language and I'm a little suspicious that this is an "Irish online space strategy game".

Frankly I was starting to get bored of it anyway. Oooh, this time tomorrow I'll have THREE light cargo ships...

Gonna go play Crusader Knights II, or maybe Endless Space for some galactic 4x action.

OP should get a forum ban for this scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Zillah wrote: »
    OP should get a forum ban for this scam.

That's a bit hasty - it's hosted in Ireland by Blackknight, and the DNS registration is to an address in Waterford, and the company is registered with the CRO, it couldn't be more Irish unless he changed the colour scheme to green!

The OP as a new user spammed us his game and then wanted us to pimp it later on. Most users get sitebanned for that, Irish or not.

That's a bit hasty - it's hosted in Ireland by Blackknight, and the DNS registration is to an address in Waterford, and the company is registered with the CRO, it couldn't be more Irish unless he changed the colour scheme to green!

The Irishness isn't really the issue, mostly the fact that it's a scam involving mass copyright infringement, including the game mechanics, artwork and site design, done purely to make a quick buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

There's a couple of open source versions of the ogame engine, I don't know if this game is based on one of them, and I don't know if the artwork was included with the code.

but you don't need to be so quick to stick the knife into the OP. If the inconsistent language + other UI oddities aren't cleared up and the game parameters aren't tweaked, then it will die of it's own accord.

The OP posted info about a new game - yes, he will attempt to make money from it at some point, but it's not an upfront pay to play, and you don't ever have to pay to play if you don't want to, so I wouldn't consider it spamming - he didn't cross post to every forum, and he has been back online responding to bug reports.

If he does end up making some money from it then, I say fair play to him.

Brian

Word of warning for anyone contemplating playing ogame. To be anyway good, you need to devote your life to it. You can't walk out to the shops without making arrangements in game. Most universes have been going on for years, so people will have many thousands of times your resources, you will never catch up. In the newer universes you have a chance, but it needs a lot of time and attention.

Build 5 Light Cargo Ships

Looks like that's actually, "Have 5 Light Cargo Ships on your planet", as I've built 5 and not got it yet (4 are out on an attack).

mcgovern wrote: »
    Build 5 Light Cargo Ships

Looks like that's actually, "Have 5 Light Cargo Ships on your planet", as I've built 5 and not got it yet (4 are out on an attack).

Encountered that yesterday, should have said.

lol, he deleted my account.

"How dare you point out that we stole this entire game from someone else and pretended we made it!"

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    lol, he deleted my account.

"How dare you point out that we stole this entire game from someone else and pretended we made it!"

Seen your account was gone (since we are in same system), and assumed you deleted it.
    Very bad form to go deleting people's accounts, I think thats me done with this game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement