Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AER LINGUS- ISSUE... should i go or not...

Options
  • 12-05-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

ok, so i had an exchange flight with Aerlingus sometime ago last year around mid sept...
    when i was checking in with aerlingus in amsterdam, i came across some issue with them. they told half of that day's passengers (including me) that they dont have any more spaces for our hand luggage and insisted us we must give them our luggages to be put into the hold. on the spot i made it VERY VERY CLEAR to them that my luggage contained fragiles. I also had shown their staff my luggage and the items in it. I asked if they could give me an exception or allow me to bring the items onto the plane with me but they refused and insisted that i MUST give them my luggage. They also ensured me that the luggages will arrive in dublin soundly.
    so when i went to collect the luggages, guess what, my hand luggage was wrecked... and the items in it was literally in bits... so i went to the costumer service and made my claims to them... and they were been a horrible bitch... well one of them were... the other one was alright, but not the best.
    so then i wrote in a letter of complaint... and guess what, they ****ing ignored it! so like.. 2-3 weeks later, i went and wrote them another one, this time posted by rigistered post, and as expected, the next 2 days i got a response...
    still refusing to admit they were at fault... and i even went in to talk to them... they were talking loada bullcrap - policy policy policy.... well, their policy is to make their consumers happy not upset!

I had to spend a good few months negotiating to them, and they still wont admit it was their fault.... so i made a claim towards them through the small claim court... and the tuesday coming is the hearing...

they refused to make me a refund on my items, but they firstly offered me a €100 voucher if im willing to sort it out without the hearing at court... i refused the offer... and this time.. they offered me €318 again - which is how much i claimed for. but then the voucher will expire within a year... and i wont be travelling any time soon...

but now im considering... whether or not to accept the voucher... or just go to the hearing and see what the judge says..

this is like a live or die decision... well not as bad, but quite stressful.

so, i need suggestions... if you were at my position... what will your choice be? go or accept?

thanks.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement