Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Valleymount Wicklow?

• 11-05-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

Does anyone know what broadband is available in Valleymount, Co. Wicklow??

Valleymount is one of only two exchanges in Wicklow not upgraded so fixed line broadband is not an option. Have been using Vodafone dongle but its fairly unreliable and I'm going to be working 1 day a week from home so need something reliable.

Anyone any ideas or any broadband options that work well out here??!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

melly101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know what broadband is available in Valleymount, Co. Wicklow??

Valleymount is one of only two exchanges in Wicklow not upgraded so fixed line broadband is not an option. Have been using Vodafone dongle but its fairly unreliable and I'm going to be working 1 day a week from home so need something reliable.

Anyone any ideas or any broadband options that work well out here??!

Hi - My parents live there and they have tried dongles from Vodafone, Three and O2. All useless! O2 was great for a while but in recent months the signal has become totally unreliable, probably over subscribed. Just twenty minutes from Tallaght and they might as well be in the outer Hebridies.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭swedex

Such is the woefulness of broadband in County Wicklow it takes 4 months for somebody to reply to the OP. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

swedex wrote: »
    Such is the woefulness of broadband in County Wicklow it takes 4 months for somebody to reply to the OP. :)
    Like it!....:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Same in every rural part of Ireland ..it is just that Valleymount is woeful and 30 Miles from the Minister of Communications' house and 40 miles from the highest capacity network in Ireland. :D

Advertisement