Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Folks would there be any support for having a dedicated english football tips thread so this thread doesn't get cluttered every weekend with premier league accumulators?

I enjoyed reading this thread over the summer but it could go downhill as the average punter who only bets on premier league matches would not put in the same work that someone that covers 10+ foreign leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've said a few times to have a separate thread for tips and another for "this is my bets" thread

Any support for that TB? That would be great so long as people don't think every bet they make is a tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Anyone else fancy the unders in the Arsenal vs Sunderland game? Arsenal struggled to beat O'Neill's team last season and now without Van Persie it'll be even harder for them, plus Giroud, Podolski & Cazorla (if they start) are not used to the EPL yet while Sunderland have brought in Cuellar and Saha who have already played in the EPL. Also, Arsenal started last season poorly...

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

should win easy?
    Should win but the 3-5-2 formation hasnt worked so far for Lennon.
    Over 2.5 might offer best [EMAIL="value@4/5"]value@4/5[/EMAIL]

• Advertisement

Anyone else fancy the unders in the Arsenal vs Sunderland game? Arsenal struggled to beat O'Neill's team last season and now without Van Persie it'll be even harder for them, plus Giroud, Podolski & Cazorla (if they start) are not used to the EPL yet while Sunderland have brought in Cuellar and Saha who have already played in the EPL. Also, Arsenal started last season poorly... Any thoughts?
    bit of a shot in the dark? Better to wait for a few games to see how teams are set up and taticts.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Formation wrote: »
    Folks would there be any support for having a dedicated english football tips thread so this thread doesn't get cluttered every weekend with premier league accumulators?

I enjoyed reading this thread over the summer but it could go downhill as the average punter who only bets on premier league matches would not put in the same work that someone that covers 10+ foreign leagues?
    I would be in support for it as I prefer the European Leagues myself for the bets . As you say the thread has been very good over the Summer and some top tips have been enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Prima Radona

Anyone else fancy the unders in the Arsenal vs Sunderland game? Arsenal struggled to beat O'Neill's team last season and now without Van Persie it'll be even harder for them, plus Giroud, Podolski & Cazorla (if they start) are not used to the EPL yet while Sunderland have brought in Cuellar and Saha who have already played in the EPL. Also, Arsenal started last season poorly...

Any thoughts?
    Dunno about unders but Betfred are laying 9/4 Sunderland or Draw in the Double Chance market.

Great price which I've taken.

RvP gone. No Koscielny or Sagna. Song almost certain not to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

gone for 2 accums today ... 10e on both

Wolves
    stoke
    Mk Dons
    Liverpool
    Sheff Utd
    Blackburn
    Tranmere
    Bolton
    Celtic -1
    Newcastle
    10e
    10e

Good luck all , hopefully we can find a few more crystal palaces this year . I only do 10e accums until i get into profit then try and step on the gas and take bookies to cleaners with heavy singles and doubles

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I dont bet on Feyenoord because i think it is a bad idea to bet on the team you support.

But i think the bookies have this a bit wrong:

Feyenoord to win to nil @2.6

Feyenoord will be without De Vrij who will be replaced by Mathijssen.
    So far Feyenoord has been pretty solid in defence.

Add to that A Heerenveen side that lost their complete fwd line in Assaidi/Dost/Narsingh who were responsible (assist and/or scoring) for 62 out of their 79 goals last season.
    Of those 17 goals where they were not involved, 4 were scored by 2 other players who left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Any support for that TB? That would be great so long as people don't think every bet they make is a tip.

I support that idea. For the tips thread, you should be required to give reasoning for the bet. I think it would be a great idea actually.

The thread or posts could include a bit more structure, Date, time, League, reasoning and odds for example

inforfun wrote: »
    I dont bet on Feyenoord because i think it is a bad idea to bet on the team you support.

But i think the bookies have this a bit wrong:

Feyenoord to win to nil @2.6

Feyenoord will be without De Vrij who will be replaced by Mathijssen.
    So far Feyenoord has been pretty solid in defence.

Add to that A Heerenveen side that lost their complete fwd line in Assaidi/Dost/Narsingh who were responsible (assist and/or scoring) for 62 out of their 79 goals last season.
    Of those 17 goals where they were not involved, 4 were scored by 2 other players who left.
    i was wondering why heerenveen were doing so poorly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Under 2.5 goals is now 8/13 in the Ross county v celtic game, pretty good odds if you ask me, County have drawn both games so far 0-0 and are at home, while its not Celtics best lineup and they have also been relatively low scoring thus far this season.

Game is 20 mins old by the way Ross county very much holding their own.

The thread or posts could include a bit more structure, Date, time, League, reasoning and odds for example
    how to go about making it the done thing...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

i was wondering why heerenveen were doing so poorly

They had 1 good game so far, at home vs Rapid Bucarest (4-0)
    Other than that they havent scored a single goal in friendlies and the 1st league game.
    They did get a new cfwd in though who was on fire for Helsingborg (12 in 14). He will not play tonight as the papers havent been sorted yet.

Odds on Monaco just rose from 2.80 to 2.95... I really doubt they're gonna lose this game so I've gone for a draw @ 3.00, Monaco have drawn their 2 away games so far and we could have a repeat of the Laval v Monaco game, Guingamp are strong at home like Laval.

The heat shouldn't be a factor as it's very hot everywere in France bar in Brittany (Guingamp is in Brittany)

how to go about making it the done thing...

See what other members and mods think 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

there been loads of chances in the opening of the leeds/wolves match, after 10mins just backed overs 2.5 @ 2.3

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

I have not had a football bet since the euros and have saved a bit of pocket money for the new season.
    Not going to bet for a couple of weeks so I can see how things are settling in. You cannot go on last seasons form or results as their has been lots of changes with players, managers, etc. It,s a blank canvass to start over with.

I went into my local P/P this morning and the boys are gagging to get the football bets on ..........I just picked up a coupon and walked out ,I leave them to their Man U, Man City, Chelsea , Liverpool, celtic and rangers etc accas and specials.:p

I think I will be doing mostly BTS and U/O 2.5 bets when I start again, With an occasional small stakes lucky 15 .;)

I think this thread should be split like Tilted and formation mentioned , More detailed info for the serious punter and a thread for the occasional punters saturday bets.

The punters lounge football coverage is very good, this is what we should aim for here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

podolski 1st gs at 7/2 to start off my season
    didnt shop around though for prices

tempted to stick a few quid on fulham but without dempsey
    im reluctant to pull the trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

lamoss wrote: »
    I think this thread should be split like Tilted and formation mentioned , More detailed info for the serious punter and a thread for the occasional punters saturday bets.

The punters lounge football coverage is very good, this is what we should aim for here. :)

I've mentioned this before about the Punters Lounge layout. Obviously Boards Gambling threads dont have as much traffic as the Punters Lounge but a bit of organization wouldn't go astray. Perhaps a seperate thread for the Premier League, non reasoned bets and random reason bets. Not much but its a start.
    I'd be willing to do the Premier League thread and post up the fixtures and odds every week perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

Sheff Utd @ 8/15
    Win-Draw-Win
    Sheff Utd v Shrewsbury Pending
    Leicester @ 4/7
    Win-Draw-Win
    Leicester v Peterborough Pending
    Fulham @ 4/5
    Win-Draw-Win
    Fulham v Norwich Pending
    Arsenal @ 4/9
    Win-Draw-Win
    Arsenal v Sunderland Pending

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

probably gonna regret this but.. pompey DNB @ 3.15 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Portsmouth v Bournemouth
    Izale McLeod anytime 21/10

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DiarmuidBoy89

Arsenal to score in both halves @ 6/5 thinking of putting 50 on it
    Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Portsmouth v Bournemouth
    Izale McLeod anytime 21/10

lovely the goal machine Izale :D

Ibrahimovic will NOT play vs Ajaccio, it's official now.

2 singles:
    Qormi in the Maltese league @ 1.78 - the odds on Qormi have dropped from 2.30 to 1.78.

Under 2.5 in Ajaccio vs PSG @ 1.83

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ibrahimovic will NOT play vs Ajaccio, it's official now.

link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

TheStook wrote: »
    Going for a Liverpool and Arsenal double @ 2.89

Pretty good value as I reckon both teams, especially Arsenal, will be going out all guns blazing. Liverpool always perform very well against West Brom also.

Also a small punt on a treble of Hull,Qpr and Blackburn @ 11.46

Just have a gut feeling here.

Good luck to everyone.

I'm not expecting much on the first weekend butt hopefully we will all have a bit of luck.

Providing none of yee are betting on Sunderland, West Brom, Swansea, Ipswich or Brighton :).

Liverpool and Qpr are both done and dusted here.
    Terrible start, Won't be betting on the first gameweek again.Lesson learned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement