Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Fitzcal wrote: »
    Completely agree with you.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Tonight paddy power corners - "multi corners" (1st half corners x 2nd half corners)

el classico

under 20.5 - 5/6

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

What they mean, Prick (could you have chosen a worse nick?? :D ) is tips with reasoning.
    Not the "i am going for this and this bet because i feel like it" bets.

No one here has to be tipped that Man Utd probably will win against Fulham at home.

The tips should be about "hidden" gems. Player to score a goal at great odds, yellow carded.
    Teams that are on great runs but still get nice odds (Osters at 1 point)

Things most people would miss when browsing for bets on betting sides because there are so many markets and matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bett4o

inforfun wrote: »
    What they mean, Prick (could you have chosen a worse nick?? :D ) is tips with reasoning.
    Not the "i am going for this and this bet because i feel like it" bets.

No one here has to be tipped that Man Utd probably will win against Fulham at home.

The tips should be about "hidden" gems. Player to score a goal at great odds, yellow carded.
    Teams that are on great runs but still get nice odds (Osters at 1 point)

Things most people would miss when browsing for bets on betting sides because there are so many markets and matches.

Ah ok :)

Yes I like my username :P

Ok so, I've gone for Hannover DNB. The team they're playing lost convincingly over 2 legs against Helsingborg, who lost 2-0 at home to Celtic. Hannover have looked good on paper results wise. Haven't been conceding many.

CSKA playing away will just win I think, there's no reasoning to it, I can just picture them as one of the winning teams tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Copenhagen to qualify vs Lille @ 2.45 :eek:
    Down to 2.10 already :eek:

Lol Bwin must be following this thread...Copenhagen to qualify is @ 1.65 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

I see Cisse stars for the Barcodes. Evens with Will Hill anytime scorer. €20 on it.
    I know I could probably get better odds but have WH app on phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I've been informed by my Romanian friend, that Steaua won't be playing their full team tonight, but he assures me that their bench players are every bit as good as their established 1st team players. I watched Ekranas twice V shamrock rovers and once V Anderlect, they are absolute dirt, right and left back especially are useless. Steaua win every day of the week

I know Sheriff have a decent home record, but their manager has a reputation in Romania for playing negative football and generally being crap which has translated over into his Moldavian side, so expect it to be a case of 10 men behind the ball and try and get a draw, Marseille are bound to break them down eventually

Double @2.14

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

I see Cisse stars for the Barcodes. Evens with Will Hill anytime scorer. €20 on it.
    I know I could probably get better odds but have WH app on phone.

Newcastle (4-2-3-1): Harper; Tavernier, Perch, Williamson (c), R Taylor; Bigirimana, Anita; Obertan, Gosling, Marveaux; Cisse

Dodgy team selection to be betting on.

Also 15/8 with 365, thats too big a difference to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Newcastle (4-2-3-1): Harper; Tavernier, Perch, Williamson (c), R Taylor; Bigirimana, Anita; Obertan, Gosling, Marveaux; Cisse

Dodgy team selection to be betting on.

Wow... English teams should be banned from playing in the Europa League, what a complete lack of respect for this competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Wow... English teams should be banned from playing in the Europa League, what a complete lack of respect for this competition.

I wouldn't blame them in fairness when they have a big game v chelsea away in less than 48 hours,that team should do enough to keep the tie alive for the home leg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

anyone doing anything in the Liverpool game.

Im looking at Hearts +1 goal at 11/8 seeing as Liverpool are resting loads and are away in a double with over 2.5 in Barcelona game.

any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

robbie1977 wrote: »
    anyone doing anything in the Liverpool game.

Im looking at Hearts +1 goal at 11/8 seeing as Liverpool are resting loads and are away in a double with over 2.5 in Barcelona game.

any opinions?

I never bet on Liverpool but they should be to strong for Hearts

Probable Liverpool Team Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Agger, Robinson, Henderson, Spearing, Allen, Downing, Carroll, Sterling

I guess wait to see the Liverpool team first Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wouldnt mind betting on carroll to score, he has somthing to prove but I dont touch liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Headshot wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind betting on carroll to score, he has somthing to prove but I dont touch liverpool

burnt fingers :pac:

Will he even play,if he does pool will be 4/9 or 1/2 at ko,all the silly pool fans will back them in big over 1 halfish decent player being in the xi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Newcastle 1-0 down already. Good call.

magherakid wrote: »
    I never bet on Liverpool but they should be to strong for Hearts

Probable Liverpool Team Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Agger, Robinson, Henderson, Spearing, Allen, Downing, Carroll, Sterling

I guess wait to see the Liverpool team first Robbie

Confirmed #LFC team: Reina, Robinson, Carragher, Agger, Kelly, Henderson, Spearing, Adam, Shelvey, Sterling, Borini

Liverpool FC @LFC
    Subs: Jones, Coates, Downing, Lucas, Allen, Flanagan, Morgan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A lot on shoulders of Borini with Morgan the only other striker.

Hearts +1 looking better by the minute

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

do it! :D

Headshot wrote: »
    Hearts +1 looking better by the minute

Is this the same as backing the draw? no?

mike65 wrote: »
    do it! :D
    Na I stay clear of pool games
    Prick! wrote: »

It gives hearts a goal advantage

A draw is a winner seeing as the plus handicap would give hearts a 1 goal advantage,odds obviously not as good as backing a draw outright from the start

seanhynes wrote: »
    A draw is a winner seeing as the plus handicap would give hearts a 1 goal advantage,odds obviously not as good as backing a draw outright from the start

Would backing +1 not just be good if the other team weren't more likely to get a draw than a win?

Surely Hearts getting a draw is more likely than Hearts winning by 2 goals or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

There would seem to be some value in Dudelange double chance @10/11.
    They are steady enough at home and have had some performances so far especially against Salzburg in the Champions League qualifiers.

Fitzcal wrote: »
    There would seem to be some value in Dudelange double chance @10/11.
    They are steady enough at home and have had some performances so far especially against Salzburg in the Champions League qualifiers.
    Not a great start
    :pac:

Would backing +1 not just be good if the other team weren't more likely to get a draw than a win?

Surely Hearts getting a draw is more likely than Hearts winning by 2 goals or more?

Ya true,but the +1 bet is hearts being 1 goal ahead before a ball is kicked..-1 is the bet ur getting mixed up with,that's hearts to win by 2 or more

I have gone for an accum of Liverpool, Levante, Trabzonspor and Hannover.
    Even with the confirmed Liverpool team they will have too much for a weakened Hearts team.
    Motherwell are crap.
    Slask are worse based on their performance against Helsingborg.
    Trabzon much too strong especially at home for Videoton.
    Pays out at approx 4.3/1

• Advertisement

seanhynes wrote: »
    Ya true,but the +1 bet is hearts being 1 goal ahead before a ball is kicked..-1 is the bet ur getting mixed up with,that's hearts to win by 2 or more

No I'm not.

The ways Hearts +1 wins is if it ends as a draw or Hearts win.

Hearts winning is less likely than the draw surely?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement