Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

my betting challenge thread is here for anyone interested will welcome your feedback

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80435911#post80435911

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Fairly surprised to see a spanish la liga match due to finish at 11.45pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Olimpia Batli vs Sheriff Tiraspol @ 1.78

Sheriff have trouble scoring goals at the moment and some of the players might be rested for the return leg against Marseille, if they're not then surely they'll already be thinking about the Marseille game. Plus, the odds on Sheriff have risen... head to head stats also show that the Olimpia v Sheriff games often go under 2.5: http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/08/26/moldova/divizia-naional/fc-olimpia-balti/fc-sheriff-tiraspol/1314571/head2head/

Lasagna, great tips, are you a full time pro?

Lasagna, great tips, are you a full time pro?

No, I'm just an amateur who's addicted to betting :p It would be awesome to make a living off gambling though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Leaning towards the BTTS in that one @evens.

Malaga played CL on wednesday.
    Going nicely today....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Glad to see betting against AVB's team is still profitable :)

This looks too good to be true and will prolly turn out to be another Bordeaux (vs Red Star) or Monaco (vs Laval) but next week Montpellier are @ 2.30 against Sochaux, Sochaux are one of the worst teams in the league, lost their first 3 games and they just lost against Reims who are imo the weakest team in the league, Sochaux's RB got a red card in that game so he'll be suspended against Montpellier, he's one of their best players... So if it's another Bordeaux/Monaco then maybe it's worth backing the draw or CS 0-0 as that's what happened in those 2 games...

Where you seeing that price?

4 minutes added time red card for malaga just hold on

Avfctom wrote: »
    4 minutes added time red card for malaga just hold on

my nerves in bits decent save malaga goalie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Lads, good double or treble tomorrow please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Please someone tell me why I shouldnt lump on Man City at 6/4..surely thats huge?

Please someone tell me why I shouldnt lump on Man City at 6/4..surely thats huge?

i think its a brilliant price only thing putting me off brendan rodgers first home league game the kop will be buzzing liverpool always lift there game against the big clubs and will want to respond after last weeks shocker

im thinking for my challenge bet manchester city +2 1/10

Where you seeing that price?

Bwin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

my betting challenge thread is here for anyone interested will welcome your feedback

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80435911#post80435911

I've tried this many times in the past. Got to €500 on my best attempt and blew it. I've been under pressure every other time I've tried it though, as in I needed the money. I think I'll make a thread now and attempt the challenge. Would be class to make it. :pac:

BKC wrote: »
    I've tried this many times in the past. Got to €500 on my best attempt and blew it. I've been under pressure every other time I've tried it though, as in I needed the money. I think I'll make a thread now and attempt the challenge. Would be class to make it. :pac:

yh i get what your saying impossible if u try to force it need a clear mind patient iv just hit 100 pound in a day think im gonna go a bit slower less risk im doing it for the fun interest in the games theres enough decent football to be able to have atleast one safe bet today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

yh i get what your saying impossible if u try to force it need a clear mind patient iv just hit 100 pound in a day think im gonna go a bit slower less risk im doing it for the fun interest in the games theres enough decent football to be able to have atleast one safe bet today

Patience is key -- and my downfall. You need to wait for the right bet and not just back every 1.10 shot in sight. I find it very difficult at the beginning as I don't feel like I'm making progress when I win €2 and so on, even though it is one bet closer to the target.

It's fun though. :)

BKC wrote: »
    Patience is key -- and my downfall. You need to wait for the right bet and not just back every 1.10 shot in sight. I find it very difficult at the beginning as I don't feel like I'm making progress when I win €2 and so on, even though it is one bet closer to the target.

It's fun though. :)

i worked out once u hit 100 pound it builds much quicker if u back purely at 1/10 which i dont it takes 7 bets to get from 100 to 200

im looking at

rangers to win1/7
    arsenal to score a goal 1/5
    man city or draw 4/11
    man city +2 1/10
    barcelona win 1/5
    real madrid 2/7
    ac milan or draw 1/10
    valencia or draw 1/10
    cant decide lol

gone for a double on the mls

houstoun dynamo win
    san jose earthquakes win

£20 returns £46.40

I might do that challenge next week for the craic.

have a look at haugesund v stabaek over 1.5 goals for your log at 5.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

FC Twente to beat NEC @2.07 is pretty great odds, NEC got raped by Ajax last weekend 6-1, so will probably put up a better fight, and also have 1/2 players coming back, still Twente are a far superior team, even if they will be probably half looking at their 2nd leg game in Europe midweek.. Still winning the league has to be the priority for them and I doubt they will slip up.

Double chance is 2/9 for the boys talking about looking at bets in the ballpark of 1.10 its a bit higher than that but its safe enough in my eyes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

FC Twente to beat NEC @2.07 is pretty great odds, NEC got raped by Ajax last weekend 6-1, so will probably put up a better fight, and also have 1/2 players coming back, still Twente are a far superior team, even if they will be probably half looking at their 2nd leg game in Europe midweek.. Still winning the league has to be the priority for them and I doubt they will slip up.

Double chance is 2/9 for the boys talking about looking at bets in the ballpark of 1.10 its a bit higher than that but its safe enough in my eyes..

Rule no 73 (:)) for me for the 2012 - 13 season, don't back teams who played midweek in Europe. When I checked back on early last season it cost me a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    Botafogo v CR Flamengo
    Botafogo: Mattos, Lucas Zen, A. Carlos, Azevedo, Gabriel, Vitor Júnior, Marques
    CR Flamengo: Abreu, Maldonado
    pick 2

Viktoria Plzen v Mlada Boleslav
    Viktoria Plzen: Kolář, Zemanem, Malakjan, Čišovského (doubtful)
    Mlada Boleslav: Chramosta, Janíček, Rolko, Smejkal, Ščuk, Fabián, Zahustel, Šírl, Štohanzl (doubtful)
    pick 1

Pescara Calcio v Inter Milano
    Pescara Calcio: Crescenzi
    Inter Milano: Handanovic, Chivu, Stankovic, Alvarez, Obi, Mariga, Mudingayi, Palacio
    pick 1X

bet for today besides the challenge

arsenal or draw
    manchester city or draw
    real madrid win
    barca win
    2/1 £50

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bett4o

Tips from my site is free
    see Malph tips
    24.08 - 6/6 winners
    25.08 - 6/8 winners

see also
    Dropping Odds
    Money Way - SHOWS THE VOLUME OF THE MONIES WAGERED FOR A GIVEN SPORTING EVENT
    and
    Tipster Game Competition

Just woke up but this double has been going through my head all day yesterday

Stoke - Arsenal 1-1 (6)
    Heracles - Feyenoord 1-1 (6.5)

@39

Feyenoord, as with most of the eredivisie, doesnt like to play at Heracles because of the plastic pitch
    Add to that that they had a hard game last thursday against Sparta Prague where they had to dig very deep to get a draw after being 2-0 down.
    Also they will have an 18 year old in central defence making his debut since De Vrij is injured and Mathijssen is suspended.

If you fancy to take goal scorers in Holland:

Altidore for AZ (1.8 any time) has 4 in 2 and they are playing Heerenveen at home.
    Both teams had EL matches on thursday but AZ is renowned for their fitness so i expect them to walk this.

Bony for Vitesse is usually a good bet too, certainly today @2.1

For PSV Matavz @2.1 looks nice but not sure he will start. Might want to wait for the line ups. PSV goal scorers is a bit hard. Their last 10 goals had 6 or 7 different names to them.
    Strootman @4.5 is maybe worth a gamble, he has 2 in his last 2 and is guarenteed a starting place. With Van Bommel in the team he can go forward more often than he used to.

For Twente, away to NEC, Fer has been doing well so far with 1 league goal and 3 or 4 in Europe. Good header of the ball so dangerous with corners.
    He is available at 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Kicking off in about 20min in South Korea.
    Incheon v Jeju Utd - home team are a nice price here @ 11/10 considering they have won their last 5 on the bounce ( maybe more, on my phone so awkward to check) where Jeju are going through a rough patch with no wins in their last 5 games or last five aways. Also this is an important game as both are level on 39 pts for the qualifying rounds but with Incheons recent form 11/10 looks too good to pass up

Radonman wrote: »
    Rule no 73 (:)) for me for the 2012 - 13 season, don't back teams who played midweek in Europe. When I checked back on early last season it cost me a fortune

NEC - Twente last season 3-1.
    3 days after Twente beat Schalke for the EL.

Somewhere in this thread i have a post about these matches after European involvement. The former assistant of Gary Speed at Wales had done research into this based on 10 years/27.000 matches and it turned out that teams who had played on Thursday had 40% less chance of winning when their next match was on Sunday (or Wednesday/Saturday)
    Apparently this was the decisive factor in Ajax and Feyenoord finishing 1st and 2nd in Holland last season. Ajax was out of Europe early and Feyenoord didnt play at all in Europe. AZ and Twente had both long runs in Europe.

So instead of not betting at all on them, you might want to consider against them like i did in a weekend last year when Twente was 5.5 to lose against NEC and PSV 5.5 to lose against NAC after they had both played in Europe.

Today i dont see Groningen upset PSV but NEC might upset Twente, they are really not as bad as that 6-1 of last week might make you think. PSV had it easy against ZETA but Twente lost 3-1 in Turkey and will have the return on thursday in the back of their minds.

Here is that article from Raymond Verheijen if you are interested (Via Google translate)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Radonman wrote: »
    Kicking off in about 20min in South Korea.
    Incheon v Jeju Utd - home team are a nice price here @ 11/10 considering they have won their last 5 on the bounce ( maybe more, on my phone so awkward to check) where Jeju are going through a rough patch with no wins in their last 5 games or last five aways. Also this is an important game as both are level on 39 pts for the qualifying rounds but with Incheons recent form 11/10 looks too good to pass up

Ya I'm on them got 13/10,doubled them up with fc Seoul .theyv won their last 5matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Portugal Superleague: Moreirense FC vs Nacional Funchal. Last 6 H2H games were BTTS and last 11 out of 12 games for both teams in the league (including last season) were BTTS as well. Bet 365 pays 8/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

AZ to win and rangers to score 4 or more 40 returns 121

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement