Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

bit tough on them after 2 league games and 1 cup game away to barca?

Have you seen those matches?
    They really look like they have been sitting on their arses all summer and have just started pre-season training.

I just wish Mourinho showed balls and put Benzema and Huigain together up front and leave show pony out for a few matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Memo to self, Sporting Lisbon are not to be trusted.

They were the same last season.

I'll be staying well clear from them from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Patiently waiting on Headshot to post what he's betting on today so I can steal them.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Crawley Town v Bolton Wanderers
    Bolton manager Coyle is expected to make several changes in the squad, because it will be Bolton's fourth game in 10 days.

Nottingham F. v Wigan Athletic
    Wigan boss Roberto Martinez intends to rest some of his leading players, but is not planning wholesale changes.

Sheffield Wed v Fulham FC
    Fulham manager Martin Jol will rest three or four first team players for clash with

Sheffield Wednesday.
    Stevenage FC v Southampton
    Southampton manager Adkins plans to field a number of academy graduates and squad players against Stevenage FC.

I think Aston Villa (-1) tonight is great value. 13/10 is above what you would normally get for a PL team at home to a League One side.

They play at home to Tranmere, and i just cant see too many changes being made by Lambert. He will really need a good perfromance from his side tonight to kickstart their season as confidence is low so i expect them to be going at this tie 100%.

Or maybe this is just my Villa bias as a fan clouding my judgement but i think this is good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

inforfun wrote: »
    Have you seen those matches?
    They really look like they have been sitting on their arses all summer and have just started pre-season training.

I just wish Mourinho showed balls and put Benzema and Huigain together up front and leave show pony out for a few matches.
    how do you see that working? They would both occupy the same area and make it easier to defend against.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

CucaFace wrote: »
    I think Aston Villa (-1) tonight is great value. 13/10 is above what you would normally get for a PL team at home to a League One side.

They play at home to Tranmere, and i just cant see too many changes being made by Lambert. He will really need a good perfromance from his side tonight to kickstart their season as confidence is low so i expect them to be going at this tie 100%.

Or maybe this is just my Villa bias as a fan clouding my judgement but i think this is good value.
    how can you say there is value when you dont know what players will start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

wish I shared your optimism im nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Formation wrote: »
    how can you say there is value when you dont know what players will start?

He has said he will start a strong side. Plus he really doesnt have much of a squad to even make that many changes anyway.

And he needs a good win tonight just to get this team up and running for the season.

This is game is bigger for Lambert and Villa than just a third round Capital Cup game, there is already pressure on the guy to start getting results.

This will be seen as a big game to get confidence goign again which is badly needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

He has said he will start a strong side. Plus he really doesnt have much of a squad to even make that many changes anyway.

And he needs a good win tonight just to get this team up and running for the season.

This is game is bigger for Lambert and Villa than just a third round Capital Cup game, there is already pressure on the guy to start getting results.

This will be seen as a big game to get confidence goign again which is badly needed.

I've seen Sunderland are putting a next to full team out too, giving Fletcher a debut.

I've seen Sunderland are putting a next to full team out too, giving Fletcher a debut.

And Adam Johnson as well.

They have gone into 1/6 to win the game on PP.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Formation wrote: »
    how do you see that working? They would both occupy the same area and make it easier to defend against.

I think Benzema would be very capable of playing "around" Huigain. he has the technique and vision for that.

Thinking of a card bet on Anderlecht - AEL
    First match already had a few cards and this guy is the ref and doesnt seem to think twice about handing them out either.

No idea on the markets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Betting river have tipped up Cricumia in Brazilian b lge tonight,look a good price 11 to 10 away to 17th guarentinaga,have backed them a few times before nd they haven't let me down

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sorry doff no bets for me today. I hope to be doing barca dnb and boca dnb (have to find out will that 39yr old waster be playing or not) tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Looking at the French league cup, there may be some value in Metz (4 wins out of 4 in third tier league) at home to Tours (bottom of second tier league with 1 point from first 5 games). Not too sure what kind of teams are being put out, but Metz are 10/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

All prem teams to win tonight is 350/1 on PP and 380/1 on Bet365. Worth a euro at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

hefferboi wrote: »
    All prem teams to win tonight is 350/1 on PP and 380/1 on Bet365. Worth a euro at least.

Sure why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Finally I can bet on boca again. Schiavi won't be playing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Headshot wrote: »
    Sorry doff no bets for me today. I hope to be doing barca dnb and boca dnb (have to find out will that 39yr old waster be playing or not) tomorrow

Are ya not coming out to play in Brazil Serie B tonight ? :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

seanhynes wrote: »
    Betting river have tipped up Cricumia in Brazilian b lge tonight,look a good price 11 to 10 away to 17th guarentinaga,have backed them a few times before nd they haven't let me down

would you have a link to their tips site please?

thinking for tonight an acc.

everton (-1) 4/9
    norwich(-1) evens
    qpr(-1) 5/6
    villa 4/9
    leicester 1/4
    sunderland(-1) 4/9
    reading 2/5

almost 20/1..

i don`t see this on their site. All prem teams to win tonight is 350/1 on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    Under 2.5 in Hapoel KS vs BATE Borisov
    Under 2.5 in Lille vs Copenhagen
    @ 2.75

I`ve been looking on PaddyPowers now for this for the last 20mins can`t see it anywhere!.....anyone who could help, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

deadeye187 wrote: »
    I`ve been looking on PaddyPowers now for this for the last 20mins can`t see it anywhere!.....anyone who could help, please!

Offer been closed

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-football-special?ev_oc_grp_ids=273706&AFF_ID=3409

Like hefferboi said though you can select them all as an accumulator, just posted up the link to the 350/1 offer being closed

skydish79 wrote: »
    Offer been closed
    ffs..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Sorry lads its not closed. Add all 12 premiership teams in an accum.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

Sorry lads its not closed. Add all 12 premiership teams in an accum.

12 teams on betfair.. 1euro === 361 in return..
    mite come in... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Done all the Premier League teams in the Captial One Cup to win.

€2.26 = €1,291.29.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

BKC wrote: »
    Done all the Premier League teams in the Captial One Cup to win.

€2.26 = €1,291.29.
    Can someone list them out to me or copy and paste all of them playing tonight? Not that im lazy, im in work and can only bet on my phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement