Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Three singles for me tonight in El Clásico:
    R Madrid and Barcelona to score in the 2nd half: 11/8 (10er)

Barca to come from behind and win: 8/1 (5er)

Messi and Ronaldo to score anytime: 9/4. (10er)

Ladbrokes.
    1 out of 3. Happy enough with a small profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Dont know where to post it but maybe somebody knows. I put Sunderland in my last man standing but the game was called off. I havent been in Paddy Power since does anybody know what happens. Didnt get a chance to call in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Dont know where to post it but maybe somebody knows. I put Sunderland in my last man standing but the game was called off. I havent been in Paddy Power since does anybody know what happens. Didnt get a chance to call in.

You're through. Counted as a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Any thoughts on the la galaxy game later

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Santos -1,5 Ah interests me.

1-0 up. Lost 1-3.
    Idiots.

Not sure about odds but;

Heerenveen - Molde unders (0-2 1st leg)
    Heerenveen cant score for ****. Had 1 EL game where they scored 4 but other than that they havent been able to score 1 normal goal. Goal vs Feyenoord was a penalty.

PSV, no idea what team they will put on the pitch. If it is anywhere near a strong team, they should beat this ZETA by a good few goals. Was 5-0 last week, but only because of 3 late goals though.

Twente has to overturn a 3-1 vs Bursaspor. Can see them do this but it will hardly be a real home advantage, as i expect half the stadium will be filled with Turks living in Germany and Holland.

AZ - Anzi (0-1 1st leg)
    AZ will probably the 2nd Dutch victim of Anzi after Vitesse got knocked out the last round.
    Just as against Vitesse, i can see Anzi nick this one again with a late goal or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

1-0 up. Lost 1-3.
    Idiots.

Not sure about odds but;

Heerenveen cant score for ****. Had 1 EL game where they scored 4 but other than that they havent been able to score 1 normal goal. Goal vs Feyenoord was a penalty.

PSV, no idea what team they will put on the pitch. If it is anywhere near a strong team, they should beat this ZETA by a good few goals. Was 5-0 last week, but only because of 3 late goals though.

Twente has to overturn a 3-1 vs Bursaspor. Can see them do this but it will hardly be a real home advantage, as i expect half the stadium will be filled with Turks living in Germany and Holland.

AZ - Anzi (0-1 1st leg)
    AZ will probably the 2nd Dutch victim of Anzi after Vitesse got knocked out the last round.
    Just as against Vitesse, i can see Anzi nick this one again with a late goal or 2.

Fancy AZ after watching first leg, they should have scored over there,I can see that one going to et

Vitesse was the better team in Russia as well.
    Anzi is one of those teams that make you think you can get them and then Eto'o shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Wolves have been less than impressive so far, depends on the odds, but i'd possibly take Northhampton + asian h/cap

think found a solid bet for tommorow

chelsea to lift the trophy 8/15
    zenit st petersburg 4/11

evens thinking about £100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Macedonian game @ 4

Teteks @ 6/4 PP. big movement today in from 2/1 with bet365 too 11/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Newcastle / Newcastle HT/FT @4/5

Looks a good bet, I expect them to start strong and wrap up the win as soon as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

user2011 wrote: »
    Macedonian game @ 4

Teteks @ 6/4 PP. big movement today in from 2/1 with bet365 too 11/10

Odds are rising now, I have them @ 2.15 which were the opening odds (not saying they won't win but it doesn't look fixed).

• Registered Users Posts: 54,290 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

las thoughts on Bordeaux?

id be worried about betting on them after that awful performance in the 1st leg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Liverpool v Hearts
    Over 11 Corners 5/4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

Headshot wrote: »

got stung by them in the first leg but you would have to fancy them to do the stuff at home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Headshot wrote: »

Their coach said it'll be a different game, he didn't expect the Serbians to play that well, he said it must've been due to the strong support in the stadium. I really fancy Bordeaux to qualify, they have a good coach and take the EL very seriously. I think Red Star will play very defensive and hope for another 0-0, for me the best bet is Red Star not to score @ 1.70.

Treble:
    PSV to keep a clean sheet
    Lazio to keep a clean sheet
    Steaua to keep a clean sheet
    @ 4.13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

seanhynes wrote: »

total joke they should lose their licence, how many times have they gotten away with this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

seanhynes wrote: »

Absolute disgrace they should lose their licence, what reason they give for not paying out anyway ???? :mad: #knobjockeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Yeah im :confused: now with their odds. 6/4 were still pretty good odds to get them at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Levante v Motherwell
    Levante To Win Both Halves 5/4

Well boss Stuart McCall admits he will have to be more cautious in his approach to tonight’s match that he perhaps would want.
    The Steelmen are missing a number of senior players for the return leg which will be played in the boiling Levante head this evening.
    That said, the Fir Park boss still intends to go with two up-front in search of netting that all important first goal.
    “Had personnel being different we might have approached the game slightly different,” he said.
    “We are without Hutchinson, Ramsden and Hateley – three of what you would probably call our first-choice defenders. Then you add Nicky Law and we are missing a fair deal of experience.
    “I look at the match and we obviously need to be careful. We have a lot of young players in the squad and sure, people might expect us to go gung-ho and forget the consequences, but we need to protect those players or it wouldn’t be this great experience people are talking about.
    “That said, we’ll still go with two up in search of the first goal and hopefully we will but on a performance that our fans and people can be proud.”
    http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2012/08/30/mccall-cautiously-optimistic/

Motherwell will be without several players for the second leg of their Europa League play-off round tie against Levante.
    Shaun Hutchinson is suspended while Tom Hateley, Nicky Law, Simon Ramsden and Steven Saunders are all injured.
    Omar Daley is available after having passport problems resolved and injury doubt Michael Higdon has made the trip.
    Youngsters Fraser Kerr, Adam Cummins, Zaine Francis-Angol, Stuart Carswell and Steven Hetherington could all play.
    Levante lead 2-0 from the first leg at Fir Park, meaning Well need to score at least twice to stay in the competition.
    Motherwell manager Stuart McCall: "We need to up our game. We didn't play as well as we can against Levante in the first leg.
    "We need to improve and if we don't, it could be a long night.
    "We need to be better than we were if we're going to have any chance whatsoever. I know it's only a thin, thin chance we're going to have.
    "We've got to be as positive as we possibly can and try to get the first goal.
    "I think they'll try and get an early goal and kill the tie off."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19352823

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Surely Wolves at 11/10 is a great price since they are playing a league 2 side, granted its away, but I cant see them losing this!

Their coach said it'll be a different game, he didn't expect the Serbians to play that well, he said it must've been due to the strong support in the stadium. I really fancy Bordeaux to qualify, they have a good coach and take the EL very seriously. I think Red Star will play very defensive and hope for another 0-0, for me the best bet is Red Star not to score @ 1.70.

Treble:
    PSV to keep a clean sheet
    Lazio to keep a clean sheet
    Steaua to keep a clean sheet
    @ 4.13

Went to do that n 365 got rid of clean sheet bets on lazio nd Bucharest FFA, added marseille with psv clean sheet,looks a good call the 3 u picked

1-0 up. Lost 1-3.
    Idiots.

Not sure about odds but;

Under 3,5 is @1.675

Only way i see that not coming in is if Molde decides to bang 3 goals in.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,290 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Under 3,5 is @1.675

Only way i see that coming in is if Molde decides to bang 3 goals in.

i went for the double chance molde @ 1/1

Fair nice odds imo

Heerenveen play pretty good football but they have lost so many players, it will take some time to gel.
    With a bit of luck they could have won against Feyenoord and AZ (both away) but they just cant score. Molde could well go for the 0-0 so your double chance certainly has nice odds.

Might still do a sneaky bet on the under 2,5 which is @2.6

anyone think 11/8 for fc twente to qualify is generous

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Avfctom wrote: »
    anyone think 11/8 for fc twente to qualify is generous

3-1 down !! No i think its scabby as **** odds!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Astaluka

Not good that BET365 stunt, hope they loose the license there!

• Advertisement

Higgytash wrote: »
    3-1 down !! No i think its scabby as **** odds!

why can see them winning 2-0 quite easily

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement