Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

But it's also the worst Arsenal team in years...

think they will cancel each over out 1-1 written all over it

rvp to score anytime united to win 11/8 looks tasty might put 50 quid on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Gone for Liverpool @ 1.91

Think they were unlucky not to win vs City plus Mannone and Jenkinson are in the starting line up for Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Avfctom wrote: »
    rvp to score anytime united to win 11/8 looks tasty might put 50 quid on

7/4 enhanced with pp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Also Mertesacker to be booked 5/2 Skybet don't fancy him against Suarez when he gets one on one.

• Advertisement

7/4 enhanced with pp.

iv left pp bit pissed now that 11/8 is williams hill enhanced price

might let my heart rule my head have a small stake on

darren bent anytime villa to win 8/1

Gone for Liverpool @ 1.91

Think they were unlucky not to win vs City plus Mannone and Jenkinson are in the starting line up for Arsenal.
    arsenal have allowed the opposition just 10 shots this season. Fewer than any other pl team. Liverpool need about 10 shots to hit the target once. Skrtel from a set piece is as good a chance as suarez to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

cant let that rvp wincast go at 7/4
    way too big
    link http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-football-special/Enhanced-Man-Utd-Special-4172246.html?aff_id=10065051

treble of pool/arse draw newc and manure for me

very tempted by draw/draw at 5s in the pool game
    cant back any of these teams and think they will cancel each
    other out also

And the one that matters the most...Mayo at 9/4 pleeeease

mailburner wrote: »
    cant let that rvp wincast go at 7/4
    way too big
    link http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-football-special/Enhanced-Man-Utd-Special-4172246.html?aff_id=10065051

treble of pool/arse draw newc and manure for me

very tempted by draw/draw at 5s in the pool game
    cant back any of these teams and think they will cancel each
    other out also

And the one that matters the most...Mayo at 9/4 pleeeease

thats what iv gone for
    ht draw
    ftdraw
    9/2 £15

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Gone for Liverpool win 3-1 at 14/1, 1-1 draw at 11/2 and Gerrard first goal at 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Not meaning to be a grouch, but could ye use this topic instead please lads.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056743013

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

user2011 wrote: »
    Also Mertesacker to be booked 5/2 Skybet don't fancy him against Suarez when he gets one on one.

good shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

:) winner winner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Lovely tip:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Never thought i would see the day where you could get 4/5+ on arsenal or draw against what is the worst liverpool team since i started supporting them fado fado.

not betting it myself but just pointing it out.

I layed them today at 1.92. The fact that people were people were willing to back that at the price gives me confidence that ill always make money from gambling. They may go on to win now but 1.92 is one of the worst prices I've seen in a while

Whats worse is that they were 2.05 this morning with pp and went off at 1.83 so there was a decent wedge placed on them to move a premier league games odds 20% in under 2 hours.

the odds on teams like liverpool dont necessarily reflect what the bookies compilers think the true outcome is but more to do with what they predict the betting public will stick their money on.

really disappointed that henry wouldnt stump up £6m for dempsey at a time when we are really struggling for goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Oh ya of course. Odds these days are rarely a compilers view, they're just creating books to make an even profit no matter what the outcome. 1.83? Sweet Jesus. I often find that on betfair, that liverpool shorten just before kick off. I hate to say the usual slag about delusional liverpool fans, but it seems tobe the case when it comes to backing them. They were 5/4 yesterday, how can people actually put money on at 4/5 and think its a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Rangers v Elgin over 30pts @10/11 and over 10 corners @5/6.
    There has been an averfage of 3 cards in all Rangers games this season and over 10 corners looks nailed on Last home league game Rangers had 16 corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Not meaning to be a grouch, but could ye use this topic instead please lads.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056743013

thanks
    didnt know it even existed

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    Karim El Ahmadi to receive a card @2.7 (Betfair)

Pointed him out a few times already here. Was normally the designated receiver of cards at Feyenoord (23 yellows in 106 matches) and got his 1st for Villa last week.

Got 8 last season when Feyenoord wasnt exactly struggling as they finished 2nd.
    He is not Joey Barton dirty, he just doesnt pull out when going for a tackle.

nice pick

frat wrote: »
    Newcastle -1 looks a great bet. From what I've seen Villa have been absolute toilet, while Newcastle appear to be playing to the same standard as last season.

$100 @2.6

1-0 villa

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Karim El Ahmadi to receive a card @2.7 (Betfair)

Pointed him out a few times already here. Was normally the designated receiver of cards at Feyenoord (23 yellows in 106 matches) and got his 1st for Villa last week.

Got 8 last season when Feyenoord wasnt exactly struggling as they finished 2nd.
    He is not Joey Barton dirty, he just doesnt pull out when going for a tackle.
    Needed that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fitzcal wrote: »
    Rangers v Elgin over 30pts @10/11 and over 10 corners @5/6.
    There has been an averfage of 3 cards in all Rangers games this season and over 10 corners looks nailed on Last home league game Rangers had 16 corners.

Well in, 11th corner by the 54min:)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭tommyjin83

Hi all,

Just looking for some clarifications. Placed a bet earlier in the Ranger's match, the bet was for Andrew Little to score anytime and Rangers to win. However, he was substituted off at around 63 minutes. My question is, would i lose my bet or would the bet be a void bet. I have actually got on to William Hill customer care, was told that the bet would be a void bet. Does anybody have experience in this kind of situation? I am just not too convinced that it would be a void bet, cuz it does not make sense from the bookies point of view to me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Barcelona -1 2night 4/7 hopefully should come in

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

tommyjin83 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just looking for some clarifications. Placed a bet earlier in the Ranger's match, the bet was for Andrew Little to score anytime and Rangers to win. However, he was substituted off at around 63 minutes. My question is, would i lose my bet or would the bet be a void bet. I have actually got on to William Hill customer care, was told that the bet would be a void bet. Does anybody have experience in this kind of situation? I am just not too convinced that it would be a void bet, cuz it does not make sense from the bookies point of view to me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

SHOULD be a loser, your player took part but didnt score, doesnt matter if you play 63 minutes or 10 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭tommyjin83

Hender wrote: »
    SHOULD be a loser, your player took part but didnt score, doesnt matter if you play 63 minutes or 10 seconds

That's what i thought. Not sure why the customer care agent told me that it would be a void bet. Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Avfctom wrote: »
    frat wrote: »
    Newcastle -1 looks a great bet. From what I've seen Villa have been absolute toilet, while Newcastle appear to be playing to the same standard as last season.

$100 @2.6

1-0 villa

Was there any need for this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Shane St. wrote: »
    Barcelona -1 2night 4/7 hopefully should come in

Thought it had a great chance of coming in, especially after the first goal. Pity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement