Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Fizman wrote: »
    Just went big on this.
    it was 4/5 when i posted last night. Shoite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Alaska1 wrote: »

even better!

i havent done anything yet but good luck to anyone backing russia in whichever markets. it seems very solid to back them, sure we saw how much they destroyed us if wasnt for given/dunne we'dhave had a hiding out there

russia without arshavin and pog (off reading) and paulychenko.. they should still have enough though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

madma wrote: »

russia without arshavin and pog (off reading) and paulychenko.. they should still have enough though

Ah ... they still have Kerzhakov.

Oh....wait.
    0-0 it is then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Anyone care too inform me of any good attackers Serbia have?

Only one I know of is Tosic.

Reason in link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19463788

Tadic of Twente is playing for Serbia and has had a pretty good first few games of the season.
    More a provider than a goalscorer though.

And there is Lazovic from St Petersburg although he is not a regular there anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Their attack doesn't impress me :( would of been nice their sitting near 2/1

inforfun wrote: »
    Ah ... they still have Kerzhakov.

Oh....wait.
    0-0 it is then :D

ah jaysus remember him opening game, he broke a record for most missed chances..

i had him in an anytime scorer accum and fantasy football and roaring at the telly... he could have at least 5 goals

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

2/9 liverpool to finish outside the top 4.

a bet we can all agree wins in excess of 98% of the time?

if your not a good punter stick the whole wad on this and have a profitable season.

beats the hell out of your savings account %.

Tomorrow in the Regionalliga West:

RW Essen - FC Koln II
    @1.75 for the home win looks nice.

Essen played 5, won 4 only lost against no 3 Fortuna Koln.
    Koln played 5, lost 3 and 2 draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

2/9 liverpool to finish outside the top 4.

a bet we can all agree wins in excess of 98% of the time?

if your not a good punter stick the whole wad on this and have a profitable season.

beats the hell out of your savings account %.

Think you will find better 2/9 shots. Unless your putting a huge amount of money down why would you wait months for a 2/9 shot.

• Advertisement

Have a few teams picked out probably going to narrow it down after put in some more study.

Russia -1 4/6
    Israel 4/5
    Ireland 4/5
    Bosnia -1 4/6
    Armenia 1/2
    Slovakia 6/5
    Switzerland 11/8
    Belgium 10/11
    Canada Evs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Rumoured Ireland team for Friday - Westwood; O’Shea, O’Dea, St Ledger, Ward; Cox, Whelan, McCarthy, McGeady; Walters, Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

looks like long is not going to be getting his game for a while ..given last months spat with himself and Trap !!

Rumoured Ireland team for Friday - Westwood; O’Shea, O’Dea, St Ledger, Ward; Cox, Whelan, McCarthy, McGeady; Walters, Keane.

No Long and mclean is unreal... easily our 2 best players at the mo.. Trap is losing his marbles

No Long and mclean is unreal... easily our 2 best players at the mo.. Trap is losing his marbles

That 4/5 on Ireland maybe not as nice as i thought.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    That 4/5 on Ireland maybe not as nice as i thought.

we'll wait and see the confirmed team, but id be suprised if he plays either as i dont knoiw what his problem is with both players its like he's trying his best to mess us up by picking players from the championship

i still think we can win but just about, i dont know much about the Kaz but we should just have enough but these away games can be very tough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Long was never going to start after what happened. McLean is carrying a knock supposedly but it will depend how he is come Friday if he plays or not. Still that team is pretty good, Cox and Walters are in pretty good form so I'm still confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

McLean just tweeted that he is 100% for the game.
    Will wait for the team is announced first.

Mark! wrote: »
    Long was never going to start after what happened. McLean is carrying a knock supposedly but it will depend how he is come Friday if he plays or not. Still that team is pretty good, Cox and Walters are in pretty good form so I'm still confident.

actually no mclean does not have a knock he missed out on training because of a cold.. just a cold theres no reason why he shouldnt start on friday

yeah cox in good form but where does trap play him? on the wing.. he's a striker who he plays in midfield

id much prefer Long than walters. the only goals walters seems to score for stoke are peno's. he's ok but he doesnt score enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Heads up for Blue Square on Saturday.. All games finished over 1.5 goals last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dragozagorac

user2011 wrote: »
    Anyone care too inform me of any good attackers Serbia have?

Only one I know of is Tosic.

Reason in link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19463788

Serbian coach Sinisa Mihajlovic got only one real attacker : Dejan Lekic (Genclebirligi, Turkey; last season he played for Osasuna, scored couple goals against Barca)

But Serbian NT is full of wingers: Zoran Tosic(CSKA M.), Tadic (Twente), Lazar Markovic (Partizan Belgrade), ....

In last friendly against Ireland, Serbia played in 4-3-3 formation, but against Scotland I wouldnt be surprise if they play 4-5-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Any thoughts on Oxford / Swindon in the Johnstone Paints Trophy tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

The guy is simply a twat at this stage and should have been hounded out of the job after that joke fest of a euro campaign.

He is holding us back hugely.

Ciaran Clark not even in the squad. :confused:

Serbian coach Sinisa Mihajlovic got only one real attacker : Dejan Lekic (Genclebirligi, Turkey; last season he played for Osasuna, scored couple goals against Barca)

But Serbian NT is full of wingers: Zoran Tosic(CSKA M.), Tadic (Twente), Lazar Markovic (Partizan Belgrade), ....

In last friendly against Ireland, Serbia played in 4-3-3 formation, but against Scotland I wouldnt be surprise if they play 4-5-1

Serbia looked really poor againest us in the friendly last month.

I wouldn't go near them for that Scottish tie, in fact i think Scotland to win wouldn't be a bad way to go.

Bosnia away to Leictinsteain (-1) also looks good value at 1/2.

Im liking the look of this accum

England
    Crotia
    Bosnia (-1)
    Russia (-2)

Just over 6/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'm almost certain Russia were 1/5 last night with PP. They are now 2/9. Would I be correct in saying that?

If so, why on earth are they getting shorter?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dragozagorac

CucaFace wrote: »

Bosnia got problems with central defenders, Boris Pandza (regular in first 11; Mechelen) is out 6 months due to injury, and captain Emir Spahic(CD, Sevilla) had horrible collision against Rayo Vallecano player in last Primera match, so he is 50-50 for Friday.

Nevertheless, Bosnia is still better team, I expect comfortable win for guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Francobegbie

Fizman wrote: »
    I'm almost certain Russia were 1/5 last night with PP. They are now 2/9. Would I be correct in saying that?

If so, why on earth are they getting shorter?

A striker pulled out of the squad today, dzuyba only 1 previous cap, leaving only 2 strikers maybe thats it.

Capellos shook up the squad brought in a lot of youth. At home to Norn iron should be only 1 result even if it is a bit of a new team, may not be anything like the free flowing attacking football of the euros team. All russian based players and arshavin dropped might unsettle a few of them.

http://rt.com/sport/football/russia-northern-ireland-capello-396/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Aktobe zhas - Ile Saluet game just about to kick off in Kazakstan ... the +2.5 market looks a shoe in @ 4/5 .. I'm tempted to wait for evens

*edit* .. the optimist in me also took +1.5 1st half @ 7/4

*edit edit* .. 0-0 halftime ... jaysis thought it was easy money

• Advertisement

CucaFace wrote: »

is that -1 handicap or Asian handicap?

If it is the former, it is rubbish to think it will come in easy. Bosnia isnt a goal scoring monster and Liechtenstein hardly ever get completely played of the pitch like the San Marino's of this world.
    Latvia, Lithuania and Iceland all got beaten there in recent years.
    Portugal once got away lightly with a 0-0 not that long ago.

These are the kind of matches where you might catch out a bookie by going +AH on the home team

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement