Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'm on Russia -1, -2, -3, ht/ft and over 2,5 , total bets about 50 euro. I really hope they bang in a few early goals to take the pressure off.

I'd gladly settle for a 4-0 home win:pac:

they really should smash them and i hope they do.. ill get on them tomorrow or later i think..

if i had to predict id go for 4-0 win...

then again its will probably be 0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

First International games so dont want to go overboard.

Belgium
    italy
    Russia -1
    €10 pays €48.

Might try a small treble on Slokavia, Switzerland and over 2.5 goals in Romania match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Going big on Ireland to win to nil @2.40.

In Westy I trust!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Cant touch Belgium with their away record. Looks like a 1-1. Savage team *on paper*.

Cant touch Belgium with their away record. Looks like a 1-1. Savage team *on paper*.

wales have been really poor lately, i fancy a belgium win but sure best avoiding if there stats are poor away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Really like the look of Under 3.5 goals in Luxembourg v Portugal at Evens.
    Going through Luxembourgs results in qualifiers and friendlies they rarely concede more than 3 at home, last time they did was in 08 and 09 WCQ losing 3-1 to Israel and 4-0 to Latvia. Portugal tend to take it easier on the minnows and looking at there results in the last campaign they beat Iceland 3-1 and Cyprus 4-0 away, they drew 0-0 with Macedonia in May :eek: Luxembourg are not complete whipping boys even though they do lose all of there home games to teams you would expect them to lose too while sneaking the odd draw and 1 goal margin wins to the lesser teams.

May go large on this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Far from official but based on the last training this will be the Dutch team tonight:

Krul; Janmaat, Heitinga, Martins Indi, Willems; Fer, Clasie, Sneijder; Narsingh, Van Persie en Robben.

While i agree with this team (apart from Heitinga, i would have Vlaar playing there) the Turkey double chance @2.62 is looker better by the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Thoughts on Flu V Santos?

Flu over 1.5?
    Flu -1 asian?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

was in the bookies yesterday and placed a few bets, some have failed already but the ones which still have a chance: (if anyone is interested)

Norway 11/10
    Ireland 8/11
    Belgium 10/11
    Spain(-3) 5/4

€10 on it

and

5/1 Ireland to win 2-0
    2/1 Swansea to beat Aston Villa (cant understand the price here given early season form )
    11/10 USA to beat Jamaica

€10 on it

here's hoping

Also considering another accum since one of the teams failed last night I think the rest could come in (sods law is that one always fails)
    Spain U21 - already drew 0-0
    France 4/9
    USA 11/10
    Swindon 4/9
    Crawley 7/10
    Norway 11/10
    could be worth a tenner or even €20

There is no logic to my choices ... just my opinion that I think they are stronger teams

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Corkbah wrote: »
    was in the bookies yesterday and placed a few bets, some have failed already but the ones which still have a chance: (if anyone is interested)

Norway 11/10
    Ireland 8/11
    Belgium 10/11
    Spain(-3) 5/4

€10 on it

and

5/1 Ireland to win 2-0
    2/1 Swansea to beat Aston Villa (cant understand the price here given early season form )
    11/10 USA to beat Jamaica

€10 on it

here's hoping

Also considering another accum since one of the teams failed last night I think the rest could come in (sods law is that one always fails)
    Spain U21 - already drew 0-0
    France 4/9
    USA 11/10
    Swindon 4/9
    Crawley 7/10
    Norway 11/10
    could be worth a tenner or even €20

There is no logic to my choices ... just my opinion that I think they are stronger teams

Villa fan here, but honestly i wouldn't go near Swansea away to Villa in next game.

Lot of new players have come in and an improved performance away to Newcastle, just makes me think Villa will get that win at home.

Villa are not as bad as many are making out, and in a while after Lambert works his man management at the club they will be great value at home.

Lambert especially has addressed the full back area's which have been terrible for a long while now and this alone will make Villa a far more effective unit at home to start with.

• Advertisement

Corkbah wrote: »

Norway 11/10
    Ireland 8/11
    Belgium 10/11
    Spain(-3) 5/4

?10 on it and 5/1 Ireland to win 2-0 2/1 Swansea to beat Aston Villa (cant understand the price here given early season form ) 11/10 USA to beat Jamaica ?10 on it here's hoping Also considering another accum since one of the teams failed last night I think the rest could come in (sods law is that one always fails) Spain U21 - already drew 0-0 France 4/9 USA 11/10 Swindon 4/9 Crawley 7/10 Norway 11/10 could be worth a tenner or even ?20 There is no logic to my choices ... just my opinion that I think they are stronger teams
    this is a thread for tips. Which one is your tip?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions
    Wales v Belgium
    Wales: Bellamy, Taylor, Crofts, Hennessey, Ledley, Vaughan, Collison.
    Belgium: -
    pick 2

Bohemians FC v St Patrick's Dublin
    Bohemians FC: McEvoy (15/4 m), Heary (14/0 d), McNulty (15/0 g)
    St Patrick's Dublin: Rossiter (3/0 m)
    pick 2

Derry City v Cork City
    Derry City: Deery (4/0 m), Patterson (13/5 f), Greacen (9/1 d)
    Cork City: Dunleavy (18/1 d), Healy (17/0 m), Lordan (3/0 m), E. Murphy (0/0 m), Murray (7/1 d), N. Horgan (5/0 d), D. Horgan (23/5 m)
    pick 1

this is a thread for tips. Which one is your tip?

Anybody like the look of PP enhanced treble. Ireland England and Italy at 3/1. I think Italy are certs but PP is rarely wrong always puts doubts in my head.

madma wrote: »
    wales have been really poor lately, i fancy a belgium win but sure best avoiding if there stats are poor away

Why is it best avoiding because of stats. The fact is Wales are missing alot of good players. Coleman is an average manger at best and already said he needs time to sort out his team. Belgium have a far superior team and will want a win before they player their biggest rivals in the group next.

Belgium 5/6 and Belgium -1 at 11/5 for me.

Switzerland i think are one of the next big teams in Europe full with talent.

Switzerland 11/8 and -1 at 9/2 im looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nuts102 wrote: »
    madma wrote: »

Why is it best avoiding because of stats. The fact is Wales are missing alot of good players. Coleman is an average manger at best and already said he needs time to sort out his team. Belgium have a far superior team and will want a win before they player their biggest rivals in the group next.

+1

Agree on Belgium and swiss

I have about €20 to gamble a party tomorrow night looking for a €15 treble and a fiver to play around with. What do people think of Italy, Belgium and Russia -1 at just under 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Don't know why everyone believes Belgium will win (easily), it's not like Hazard, Vermaelen, Vertonghen etc have never played for Belgium before, they have and they have always choked... I don't think Wales will be push overs, most of their players play in England and they have Bale, Ramsey & Allen fit for this game...just my 2 cents.

Nuts102 wrote: »

well time and time again away team getting backed have messed up..

i actually said i fancy belgium to win but if people are weary of their away fom then i wouldnt go big on them.

saw a double for ireland/belgium to win for over 2/1 very tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Russia -1
    Belgium
    Swiss
    Germany

putting 10 on it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

One i fancy tomorrow is Denmark - Czech republic.
    Denmark @evens.

Reason is Denmark always perform in their home games in qualifiers. Very few have come away there with a win or draw in the last 10 years of wc/ec qualifiers.

That said, the Czechs seem to be alright when they play away. Still fancy Denmark.

Matches (just select "home" and EC or WC qualifiers)

• Advertisement

Basically what I am saying is that Belgium, imo, should be in the region of 5/4 to 6/4 for the win and close to 3/1 for the -1 handicap.

In other words, yes they will win some of the time, but not enough to be backing at odds of 5/6 and 11/5 -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

here goes nothing...

Switzerland 11/8
    Holland *1/2
    England 3/10
    Belgium 4/5
    Russia *1/5
    Greece 10/11
    Italy 4/6

€20 accum gets €636.. no bother :)
    *shut it Crespo

here goes nothing...

Switzerland 11/8
    Holland 13/10
    England 3/10
    Belgium 4/5
    Russia 8/5
    Greece 10/11
    Italy 4/6

?20 accum gets ?636.. no bother :) *shut it Crespo
    that bookie wont be in business for long with those prices:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

here goes nothing...

Switzerland 11/8
    Holland 13/10
    England 3/10
    Belgium 4/5
    Russia 8/5
    Greece 10/11
    Italy 4/6

€20 accum gets €636.. no bother :)
    *shut it Crespo

holland 13/10 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Avfctom wrote: »
    holland 13/10 ?

They were the 'handicap' prices, corrected below

Switzerland 11/8
    Holland *1/2
    England 3/10
    Belgium 4/5
    Russia *1/5
    Greece 10/11
    Italy 4/6

€20 accum gets €636.. no bother smile.png

Any site giving a list of regular starters not in the squad or recent retirees for each of the internationals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CJ_

BKC wrote: »
    Going big on Ireland to win to nil @2.40.

In Westy I trust!

Just backed them for a clean sheet. :)

€15 acc
    Italy
    Belgium
    Russia -1

€3 acc
    Belgium -1
    Switzerland -1
    Ireland

€3 acc
    Switzerland
    slovakia
    Ireland
    Over 2.5 goals Estonia/Romania

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

I reckon researching the Euro2012 qualifiers could give some insight to these games...

ENGLAND-1 10/11 Sweden who id rate as a similar team to England after them going so close in the finals managed to beat Moldova 4-1 in Moldova

Russia -1 4/7 i think this would be safe even if played in NI , Russia should be way too strong and awfull hard place to go, when away recently Holland hit NI for 6 ... In the euro qualifiers NI were shocking with even the faroes grabbing a 1-1 draw

BELGIUM WIN 4/5 Vincent Kompany, Thomas Vermaelen, van buyton, vertongen, Marouane Fellaini, Mousa Dembele , witzel ,Eden Hazard, Lukaku show way too much quality against wales ... Colemans first 3 games in charge he lost em all and scored no goals with belgium knocking 4 past holland the last international should imply wales will have to score 2 r 3 to get anything from this and i cannot see that happening whatsoever against such a deadly defsive lineup...
    TREBLE PAYS JUST OVER 4/1 england handicap is the only thing i can see losing me this bet....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CJ_

Where'd you get those odds?

Edit: sorry, just saw you back England hc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement