Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Higgytash wrote: »
    I reckon researching the Euro2012 qualifiers could give some insight to these games...

ENGLAND-1 10/11 Sweden who id rate as a similar team to England after them going so close in the finals managed to beat Moldova 4-1 in Moldova

Russia -1 4/7 i think this would be safe even if played in NI , Russia should be way too strong and awfull hard place to go, when away recently Holland hit NI for 6 ... In the euro qualifiers NI were shocking with even the faroes grabbing a 1-1 draw
    Vincent Kompany
    BELGIUM WIN 4/5, Thomas Vermaelen, van buyton, vertongen, Marouane Fellaini, Mousa Dembele , witzel ,Eden Hazard, Lukaku show way too much quality against wales ... Colemans first 3 games in charge he lost em all and scored no goals with belgium knocking 4 past holland the last international should imply wales will have to score 2 r 3 to get anything from this and i cannot see that happening whatsoever against such a deadly defsive lineup...
    TREBLE PAYS JUST OVER 4/1 england handicap is the only thing i can see losing me this bet....

u forgot the great christian benteke for belgium also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Took Belgium and Russia -1 in a double myself at 5/2 . 20 quid on and it should result in a nice weekend profit. C'mon belgium!!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Took Belgium and Russia -1 in a double myself at 5/2 . 20 quid on and it should result in a nice weekend profit. C'mon belgium!!
    that would make belgium at least 11/10 which is starting to approach a bit of value. Which book is offering that price?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Basically what I am saying is that Belgium, imo, should be in the region of 5/4 to 6/4 for the win and close to 3/1 for the -1 handicap.

In other words, yes they will win some of the time, but not enough to be backing at odds of 5/6 and 11/5 -1.

They were evens (think even slightly over) earlier in the week. Odds dropping like they did probably has to do with people backing them earlier this week for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

gonna avoid the handicaps on the russia game.. overs 2.5 is 1.74 at the mo with betfair thats looks a big price..please let their be early goals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Odds on France are rising, wtf is going on?? :confused:

Because France usually ****s up in their 1st qualifier?
    And Finland is not that bad...

France should win but it is never going to be a walk over there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 blatherskite

Russia 2 or more first half goals at 15/8 against northern ireland, starting in a few minutes .. seems pretty solid to me... if you wait 5 minutes you should get about 11/5 on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

inforfun wrote: »
    Because France usually ****s up in their 1st qualifier?
    And Finland is not that bad...

France should win but it is never going to be a walk over there.

I would disagree about Finland, looking at their recent results, their only wins came against San Marino, Moldova and Latvia. There's a big difference in class here, plus most of the Finnish players play in Scandinavia..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I reckon researching the Euro2012 qualifiers could give some insight to these games...

ENGLAND-1 10/11 Sweden who id rate as a similar team to England after them going so close in the finals managed to beat Moldova 4-1 in Moldova

Russia -1 4/7 i think this would be safe even if played in NI , Russia should be way too strong and awfull hard place to go, when away recently Holland hit NI for 6 ... In the euro qualifiers NI were shocking with even the faroes grabbing a 1-1 draw

BELGIUM WIN 4/5 Vincent Kompany, Thomas Vermaelen, van buyton, vertongen, Marouane Fellaini, Mousa Dembele , witzel ,Eden Hazard, Lukaku show way too much quality against wales ... Colemans first 3 games in charge he lost em all and scored no goals with belgium knocking 4 past holland the last international should imply wales will have to score 2 r 3 to get anything from this and i cannot see that happening whatsoever against such a deadly defsive lineup...
    TREBLE PAYS JUST OVER 4/1 england handicap is the only thing i can see losing me this bet....

England missing alot of players under a defensive manager and on a plastic pitch. Wont stop you but i wouldnt be touching England -1.

• Advertisement

I would disagree about Finland, looking at their recent results, their only wins came against San Marino, Moldova and Latvia. There's a big difference in class here, plus most of the Finnish players play in Scandinavia..

Last time i saw Finland play was against Holland, ec qualifier when Holland was still good.
    It was really not easy, 2-0 with the 2nd in injury time.

Let me just say that i wouldnt fall of my chair if it will end in a draw for France. :D

that would make belgium at least 11/10 which is starting to approach a bit of value. Which book is offering that price?

Got them @ 21/20 with bet victor earlier in the week :cool:

Scotland vs Serbia .. Should Serbia win this does anybody think? 9/5 looks tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Nuts102 wrote: »
    England missing alot of players under a defensive manager and on a plastic pitch. Wont stop you but i wouldnt be touching England -1.

aye thats why said england-1 the dodgey bet here imo !! in saying that i think that "plastic pich" excuse is bollix these are "proffesionals" and play on plastic @ their training grounds so are or at least should b used to them, plus the amount of times i backed russian teams on the plastic pitch basis in european games and got badly stung numerous times , if england dont win this it wont be a plastic pitch fault, but you can bet your life it will be their excuse :p

ENGERLAND SQUAD.... Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Baines, Gerrard, Lampard, Cleverley, Oxlade Chamberlain, Milner, Defoe .... hmmm ya have to wonder where the 2 + goals will come from :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

ENGERLAND SQUAD.... Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Baines, Gerrard, Lampard, Cleverley, Oxlade Chamberlain, Milner, Defoe .... hmmm ya have to wonder where the 2 + goals will come from :(

Looks terrible to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

This guy reffing Holland-Turkey now

http://nl.soccerway.com/referees/carlos-velasco-carballo/45077/

Likes the cards, and there should be an electric atmosphere at this one.

Over 50 card index @ 7/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Wonder where Bosnia got that out of..!! Woulda been huge odds on goals there

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

seanhynes wrote: »
    Wonder where Bosnia got that out of..!! Woulda been huge odds on goals there
    it was more down to the quality of the opposition but Bosnia have a few top players. Its not a huge shock, they opened 1/8, second shortest odds from all the qualifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Anyone any thoughts on USA and Mexico tonight?

USA 20/23 vs Jamaica
    Mexico 4/5 vs Costa Rica

• Advertisement

BELGIUM WIN 4/5 Vincent Kompany, Thomas Vermaelen, van buyton, vertongen, Marouane Fellaini, Mousa Dembele , witzel ,Eden Hazard, Lukaku show way too much quality against wales ... Colemans first 3 games in charge he lost em all and scored no goals with belgium knocking 4 past holland the last international should imply wales will have to score 2 r 3 to get anything from this and i cannot see that happening whatsoever against such a deadly defsive lineup...

Lovely Jubbily and managed to add in France win as well:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Mark! wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts on USA and Mexico tonight?

USA 20/23 vs Jamaica
    Mexico 4/5 vs Costa Rica

After backing Belgium -1, Russia -1 and Switzerland in 4 timer with USA. Have €456 back if USA win, so obviously now I'm starting to doubt them. Haven't clicked in months so I'm wondering whether to lay or back the draw and gamble Jamaica don't win. Would love to hear someone's opinion on this one.

thanks alot italy bunch of twats cost me 140 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Really like the look of Under 3.5 goals in Luxembourg v Portugal at Evens.
    Going through Luxembourgs results in qualifiers and friendlies they rarely concede more than 3 at home, last time they did was in 08 and 09 WCQ losing 3-1 to Israel and 4-0 to Latvia. Portugal tend to take it easier on the minnows and looking at there results in the last campaign they beat Iceland 3-1 and Cyprus 4-0 away, they drew 0-0 with Macedonia in May :eek: Luxembourg are not complete whipping boys even though they do lose all of there home games to teams you would expect them to lose too while sneaking the odd draw and 1 goal margin wins to the lesser teams.

May go large on this.

Late night study pays off!!!!:D As predicted 2-1 Portugal.
    Disastrous start with Luxembourg scoring early. Portugal went 2-1 up after 50 mins. Managed to trade a bit out around the 80th min just incase.
    Still nice profit.

Avfctom wrote: »
    thanks alot italy bunch of twats cost me 140 quid

they rattled a few accums id imainge ... nd the pricks will still top that group with no losses , same as the euro's

they rattled a few accums id imainge ... nd the pricks will still top that group with no losses , same as the euro's

had 2 quid on 11 team acca thought my luck was in until they conceded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Avfctom wrote: »
    had 2 quid on 11 team acca thought my luck was in until they conceded

had a massive 12 team accum havent checked fully but only a couple let me down, if they hadnt id have had a massive return but sure its always the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Ive made a lot of money in the last year from backing against N Ireland and from what i can find this Friday should be no different - Ive followd all the other lemmings (;)) and lunged into the (-1) @ 7/10 with Boyles:D
    Wales v Belgium
    possible line up according to today's training game :

Courtois-Gillet-Kompany-Vermaelen-Lombaerts-Vertonghen-Fellaini-Witsel-Dembélé-Hazard-Lukaku

Wales have added Swansea youngster Ben Davies for their World Cup qualifiers against Belgium and Serbia. Midfielder Crofts picked up an ankle injury,Striker Bellamy will also miss the double header with a calf injury, with Cardiff team-mate Robert Earnshaw :eek: being called up as cover.

Belgium look just too strong for these Welsh folks unless the golden generation mess up again, for me they have to win to ensure qualifaction. Last time out they beat Holland (friendly) 4-2 and this just may give them the confidence to blow the Welsh away - I'm taking Belgium @ 17/20:D and (-1) @ 5/2:D before the odd drop anymore
    A bit of time on my hand tonight (easy known there fuk all else on:eek:)
    Was looking for some banker material for the next two days and ive come up with this - please let me know what you think but i think it looks solid
    England u21 away to Azerbaijan @ 1/6 :D(afraid to go for the handicap)
    Italy U21 at home to Liechtenstien (-2)@ 8/15 :D(ill be doing this seperate too up to (-4) handicap:D)
    Germany U21 at home to Belarus (-1) @ 2/5 :D
    Scotland U21 at home to Luxenbourg (-1) @ 1/4:D
    Germany v Faroe - BTTS no @ 1/4
    All comes in at approx 2/1 - if better:D value out there let me know as i will not place this bet till tomorrow

Sorry odds are more like 3/1 not 2/1

Also in the U21's
    Italy (-2) and Germany (-1) double:D and
    Italy (-3) @ 13/10 and Germany (-2) 11/10 double:D

Fair to say i'm worth robbing!! :cool:

Anyone any shouts for tomorrow ?? Serbia are 9/5 against Scotland, surely at them odds worth a punt or am i missing something?!?! I dont rate Scottish football one bit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Bet i like the look of is Gremio Barueri SP V Athletico Paranaense.
    Brazil: Campeonato Brasileiro B. 01:45 kick off

Rock bottom 20th V 6th

Athletico sitting in 6th are 24 points and 14 places ahead of the opposition tonight. Its Relagation team V Promotion team and i cant see where the price on the away team is coming from when Athletico have beat Gremio Barueri in 4 of the last 5 meetings and the other finishing a draw.

My bet is Athletico Paranaense 10/11

Value bet
    Athetico -1 11/4
    or Athletico and over 2.5 goals @ 11/5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement