Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Bet i like the look of is Gremio Barueri SP V Athletico Paranaense.
    Brazil: Campeonato Brasileiro B. 01:45 kick off

Rock bottom 20th V 6th

Athletico sitting in 6th are 24 points and 14 places ahead of the opposition tonight. Its Relagation team V Promotion team and i cant see where the price on the away team is coming from when Athletico have beat Gremio Barueri in 4 of the last 5 meetings and the other finishing a draw.

My bet is Athletico Paranaense 10/11

Value bet
    Athetico -1 11/4
    or Athletico and over 2.5 goals @ 11/5

they always seem like great valuse only issue is away games.. time and time again these lower teams frustrate the opposition and spring a suprise.. i dont follow that league so maybe it is great value

Higgytash wrote: »
    Anyone any shouts for tomorrow ?? Serbia are 9/5 against Scotland, surely at them odds worth a punt or am i missing something?!?! I dont rate Scottish football one bit!!

i wouldnt touch that game with a barch pole both teams are hard to predict..

possibly serbia DNB but it depends how scotland play sometimes they can be good at home

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

madma wrote: »

Rock bottom 20th V 6th

Athletico sitting in 6th are 24 points and 14 places ahead of the opposition tonight. Its Relagation team V Promotion team and i cant see where the price on the away team is coming from when Athletico have beat Gremio Barueri in 4 of the last 5 meetings and the other finishing a draw.

Value bet
    Athetico -1 11/4

they always seem like great valuse only issue is away games.. time and time again these lower teams frustrate the opposition and spring a suprise.. i dont follow that league so maybe it is great value

Yeah I have been following this league and I have made more money than I have lost on this but you are right some of these south americans leagues can near be impossible to predict. But I fancy this one quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

going for a few longshot bets tommorow for interest will look into deciding my safe bet

DNB accumulator

serbia
    sheff utd
    preston
    tranmere
    mk dons
    yeovil
    gillingham
    oxford
    rotheram
    torquay
    denmark
    131/1

also gonna back all these in a double chance bet at 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Rock bottom 20th V 6th

Value bet
    Athetico -1 11/4
    stuck a small bit on this blind for the craic. exact goal odds suggest 1-2.

• Advertisement

Yeah I have been following this league and I have made more money than I have lost on this but you are right some of these south americans leagues can near be impossible to predict. But I fancy this one quite a bit.

i was meant to check this out but got the time wrong :(

3-0 up after half hour well done! i wouldnt have much on thouh, happy enough with backing ireland when they were losing (got very lucky with that)

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Rock bottom 20th V 6th

Value bet
    Athetico -1 11/4

BOOM, BOOM AND BOOM. Easy in the end. Never even broke a sweat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Nuts102 wrote: »
    €15 acc
    Italy
    Belgium
    Russia -1

€3 acc
    Belgium -1
    Switzerland -1
    Ireland

€3 acc
    Switzerland
    slovakia
    Ireland
    Over 2.5 goals Estonia/Romania

Glad i right about Switzerland and Belgium a sneaky €90 for a spare change acc. Pity about Italy cant believe i let the biggest crab in the town to convince me to put them in the €15 treble instead of Switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dragozagorac

Anyone any shouts for tomorrow ?? Serbia are 9/5 against Scotland, surely at them odds worth a punt or am i missing something?!?! I dont rate Scottish football one bit!!

According to serbian press, Serbia will start with two 19y old players: Nastasic (central defender, Man. City) and Mijailovic (def. midfielder, Red Star Belgrade). It looks Serbia will play 4-3-3 formation with two wingers, Scotland 4-5-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Looking at League 1 today;

Notts Co. @ 1/1
    Swindon @ 4/9
    Sheffield Utd @ 1/1

Looks good, anyone any opinions? Will probably do a treble and a big double on Notts and Swindon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I think this is fairly solid anybody any opinions. €10 pays €60.

Brentford
    Gillingham
    Over 2.5 goals Northampton/Wimbledon

For a small acc for fun.
    Brentford
    Gillingham
    Over 2.5 goals Northampton/Wimbledon
    Over 2.5 Port Vale/Rotherham
    Torquay
    York

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    Guadalajara v Barcelona B
    Guadalajara: García, Zazo
    Barcelona B: Ié, Juste, Agostinho, Planas, Deulofeu, Tello, Roberto
    pick 1X

Corinthians v Grêmio
    Corinthians: Emerson, Douglas, Chicão, Henrique, Paulinho, Cássio
    Grêmio: Pico, Moreno, Fábio Aurélio
    pick X2

Wycombe v Cheltenham
    Wycombe: Bloomfield (doubtful), McClure, Thompson, Foster, Stewart, McCoy
    Cheltenham: Bennett
    pick X2

Scotland v Serbia
    Scotland without Bardsley, Whittaker, Brown, Fox, Martin, Mulgrew and Fletcher.
    Basta is doubtful for Serbia.
    pick X2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

might have a little double on

andy murray
    swindon

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

According to serbian press, Serbia will start with two 19y old players: Nastasic (central defender, Man. City) and Mijailovic (def. midfielder, Red Star Belgrade). It looks Serbia will play 4-3-3 formation with two wingers, Scotland 4-5-1.
    madma wrote: »
    i wouldnt touch that game with a barch pole both teams are hard to predict..

possibly serbia DNB but it depends how scotland play sometimes they can be good at home

Aye cheers , gonna steer clear of it to fock , read this earlier that the scottish have only lost 1 of their last 8 at home and the serbs have failed to score in 7 of their last 8 .... on that reading Scotland look a deadly bet, im gonna steer clear though !!

gonna go for a mad accum 61/1

Sheff Utd 10/11
    Glentoran 4/6
    York 6/4
    Notts County 10/11
    Yeovil 11/8
    Brentford 8/11

Not a hope will it win lower leagues dodgey as sin if half em come out ill be surprised !! cant see anything safe so just doing it to make the day entertaining !! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Yeovil Town to beat Bournemouth is a great little better at 11/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Yeovil, Brentford and Swindon 5/1, too good to turn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Have a few euro on the follow for interest for the day:

Gillingham @ 4/11
    Draw No Bet
    Barnet v Gillingham

Yeovil @ 4/6
    Draw No Bet
    Yeovil v Bournemouth Pending

Sheff Utd @ 4/11
    Draw No Bet
    Scunthorpe v Sheff Utd Pending

Swindon @ 8/15
    Win-Draw-Win
    Swindon v Leyton Orient Pending

Scotland @ 8/11
    Draw No Bet
    Scotland v Serbia Pending

Tvaakers IF @ 1/3
    Win-Draw-Win
    Tvaakers IF v Solvesborgs GOIF

A little over 10/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Swindon single @ 8/15 and Swindon (-1) @ 8/5 for me today - Swindon are very solid at home and bar the midweek away defeat there form has been excellent. Two home wins both 2-0 and Dicanio has kissed and made up with his keeper whom he took off after a few mistakes midweek but that is good as he previously had a clean sheet for over 1000 mins - no point in talking about L Orient as we all know there form is terrible.
    Another bet I like is over 2.5 goals in the Crewe/ Tranmere game @ evens, I watched Crewe play Coventry last time out and how they kept a clean sheet beats me plus T Tranmere in the form there in could easily cover this on there own

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Doff wrote: »
    Yeovil, Brentford and Swindon 5/1, too good to turn down.

Didn't like the look of Brentford for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Forest Green who are top, away to Grimsby in the Conference, 17/10, Grimsby missing there best striker too.

Nice punt on that.

• Advertisement

Aye cheers , gonna steer clear of it to fock , read this earlier that the scottish have only lost 1 of their last 8 at home and the serbs have failed to score in 7 of their last 8 .... on that reading Scotland look a deadly bet, im gonna steer clear though !!

gonna go for a mad accum 61/1

Sheff Utd 10/11
    Glentoran 4/6
    York 6/4
    Notts County 10/11
    Yeovil 11/8
    Brentford 8/11

Not a hope will it win lower leagues dodgey as sin if half em come out ill be surprised !! cant see anything safe so just doing it to make the day entertaining !! :pac:

looking at the stats serbia are in bad for for sure, and scotland will want a good start.. wasnt gonna go near it but have small stake on scotland draw no bet @1.95 if scotland take the lead can trade out incase serbia come stalling back.. another bet that might be good is serbia not to score but ill leave it at that

Ended up going big on Yeovil town, they had a great home record towards the end of last season winning 7/10 whilst Bournemouth had a disasterous away record last year .... Yeovil started the season brilliantly winning 3 and drawing 1 .... the dodgey element here is despite Bournemouth not winning a game yet they only lost the 1 so they seem to enjoy their draws, price too good though on Yeovil at home to turn down

€50 yeovil town win 13/10

fingers crossed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Fizman wrote: »
    Didn't like the look of Brentford for some reason.

I can't see them losing it tbh, maybe DNB would be safer though. But yeah if you don't like the look of something its best to avoid altogether.

€50 yeovil town win 13/10

All Bournemouth fml :mad: never realised harry houdini went there mid week on an advisory role :mad:

:rolleyes: miracle please :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

from the African qualifiying games tonight..:

Siera leaone VS Tunisia... Tunisia to win at 11/10 ( or Tunisia and draw at 1.28:eek::eek:)

Sudan VS ethiopia....goals less than 2.5 at 2.02

Liberia vs Nigeria .....Nigeria to win 4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    Crawley Town v Portsmouth
    Crawley Town: Davis (4/0 d), Torres (2/0 m)
    Portsmouth: Connolly (4/0 d), Dumbuya (4/0 d), Clifford (2/1 m), Obita (3/1 m)
    pick 1

Sporting Gijón v CD Lugo
    Sporting Gijón: Orfila (2/0 d), Sergio (1/0 d), Mandi (all doubtful) (1/0 m)
    CD Lugo: Quiroga (3/1 f), Álvarez (both doubtful) (2/0 m), Javi Rey (0/0 m), De Coz (3/0 d), Fuster (d)
    pick 1

Botafogo v Nautico
    Botafogo: Mattos (0/0 m), Lucas Zen (11/0 m), Antônio Carlos (12/0 d), Marques (8/0 f), Vitor Júnior (14/2 m), Renato (20/0 m), Azevedo (20/1 d), Ferreira (21/0 d), Jefferson (18/0 g), Lodeiro (5/1 m)
    Nautico: Rogério (0/0 f), Rogerinho (4/0 m), Marlon (9/0 d), Kieza (10/7 f), Martinez (17/2 m)
    pick X2

AC Cesena v Novara Calcio
    AC Cesena: Succi (2/0 f), Caldirola (2/0 d)
    Novara Calcio: Barusso (1/0 m), Pesce (2/0 m), Perticone (0/0 d), Lepiller (0/0 f), Valchanov (0/0 m), Bardi (2/0 g)
    pick 1X

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Any opinions on Armenia v Bulgaria?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Both teams not to score in Belarus U21 vs San Marino U21 @ 1.62 looks a great bet. Also if Manzaroli starts in goal for San Marino, I'll try under 3.5 @ 2.45, just saw that he wasn't called up for the senior national team, their coach must be retarded :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FlimFlam

Southampton to beat Arsenal @ 10/1 on PP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FlimFlam wrote: »
    Southampton to beat Arsenal @ 10/1 on PP.

That's an interesting one. They did well against City and United, but will they keep their game upped for Arsenal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement