Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Can see them getting a draw but not a win

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FlimFlam

Southampton are bottom of the league right now, having lost all 3 games so far. However, 2 of those games were against City (2-3) and Utd (2-3). Arsenal have only managed 2 goals in the last 3 games, with both goals coming against Liverpool last week. They couldn't score against Sunderland or Stoke.

10/1 is great odds in my opinion.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

You forgot to mention that Arsenal also didnt concede against Stoke, Sunderland and Liverpool.

I dont touch Southampton but if i had to take a bet on them i would go for the double chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Arsenal to win to nil for me. It was always going to take time for Arsenal to click going forward with the total revamp of their attack, however they have been very solid defensively and 3 clean sheets in a row is something to be proud of in the BPL these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Sunderland and Stoke are different teams too Southampton they are more defensive minded and like BKC has mentioned it was more then likely going too take the new players awhile too settle in at Arsenal.

I fancy BKC's bet as well or btts NO looks good roads too go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Both teams not to score in Belarus U21 vs San Marino U21 @ 1.62 looks a great bet. Also if Manzaroli starts in goal for San Marino, I'll try under 3.5 @ 2.45, just saw that he wasn't called up for the senior national team, their coach must be retarded :pac:

dammit Bwin just removed the btts market :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

user2011 wrote: »
    Sunderland and Stoke are different teams too Southampton they are more defensive minded and like BKC has mentioned it was more then likely going too take the new players awhile too settle in at Arsenal.

I fancy BKC's bet as well or btts NO looks good roads too go down.

I was thinking the opposite, if they managed to score 4 goals vs Utd and City, surely they should be able to score vs Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Big guns missing for Santos again

I was thinking the opposite, if they managed to score 4 goals vs Utd and City, surely they should be able to score vs Arsenal?

Not sure about City didn't see the game or highlights.

United had Ferdinand just coming back from injury and playing which was a big surprise too most United fans and Vidic seems too be still finding his feet after his knee injury from last season. The midfield was no where too be found when Southampton broke up awful attacking play from United so had many clean runs at the United defence. Misfiring midfield and and a very shakey defence will always give up goals.

On the flip side Arsenal have had problems gelling their new attacking players but have had a really solid defence (helped by Wenger's assistant Bould former Arsenal defender) which was put on show away too Stoke and away too Liverpool. I thought they would at least score but credit has too go too the Arsenal defence Mertasacker especially even after getting an early yellow put in some great tackles too keep Liverpool at bay.

Also Southampton failed too score at home too Wigan.

Some stats its the first time Arsenal have kept a clean sheet away at Stoke and you have too go back too 92 for Arsenal too have kept a clean sheet at Anfield..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Looking ahead to the U21 Qualifers tomorrow, trying to pick games that mean something so here goes

Banker
    Italy @ 2/7 to beat a weakened Irish team
    Denmark @ 1/5 to beat a rubbish N Ireland team (Denmark need to win and to score plenty of goals to get into the second place play offs)
    Switzerland @ 1/6 v Estonia - same as above
    Belgium @ 8/15 v Iceland, Belgium need to win and Iceland have nothing to play for, bottom of their section
    2.7/ 1.0
    Not so definites :rolleyes:
    Italy (-1) @ 8/11
    Denmark (-1) @ 8/11
    Switzerland (-1) @ 8/13

4/1 ish

Denmark (-2) @ 15/8
    Switzerland (-2) @ 13/8

Good luck
    You could probably bet on Belgium on the Handicap too but just adds to the stress;)

One other bet i just spotted was that Poland are 1/4 v Moldova - you could add that to the Banker Accum
    Poland (-1) @ 4/5 - Moldova team are really unhappy right now, Coach is rubbish and only made a change @ the 80th min v England so he must have serious subs, lol - Anyhows (-1) looks a great bet, btw Poland are missing Ludo who got sent off in the last game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 samsonmcmuffin

Radonman wrote: »
    Looking ahead to the U21 Qualifers tomorrow, trying to pick games that mean something so here goes

Banker
    Italy @ 2/7 to beat a weakened Irish team
    Denmark @ 1/5 to beat a rubbish N Ireland team (Denmark need to win and to score plenty of goals to get into the second place play offs)
    Switzerland @ 1/6 v Estonia - same as above
    Belgium @ 8/15 v Iceland, Belgium need to win and Iceland have nothing to play for, bottom of their section
    2.7/ 1.0
    Not so definites :rolleyes:
    Italy (-1) @ 8/11
    Denmark (-1) @ 8/11
    Switzerland (-1) @ 8/13

4/1 ish

Denmark (-2) @ 15/8
    Switzerland (-2) @ 13/8

Good luck
    You could probably bet on Belgium on the Handicap too but just adds to the stress;)

One other bet i just spotted was that Poland are 1/4 v Moldova - you could add that to the Banker Accum
    Poland (-1) @ 4/5 - Moldova team are really unhappy right now, Coach is rubbish and only made a change @ the 80th min v England so he must have serious subs, lol - Anyhows (-1) looks a great bet, btw Poland are missing Ludo who got sent off in the last game

Cracking write up!

This is what proper tipping is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Jamaica beat the US on Friday (at home), and are almost 9/1 to beat them away on Tuesday

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/world-cup/usa-v-jamaica/winner

For those with more patience...even though they drew, Denmark were pretty dominant against the Czech republic on Saturday, and are 2.25 to come in the top 2 of their group. If we take it for granted that Italy will qualify, that means it's probably a straight fight between Denmark and the Czechs, and I think Denmark should win that (consider both teams' performance against Portugal at Euro 2012), making those odds very tasty.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/world-cup/world-cup-european-qualifying-group-b/top-2-finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

some great write up on here tonight thanks. anyone fancy colombia to beat chile at odds of 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I assume record signing Gaston Ramirez, shall get some game time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

FlimFlam wrote: »
    They couldn't score against Sunderland or Stoke.

some food for thought ha!!
    https://twitter.com/IndieFootball/status/244886385574686720/photo/1/large

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just looking through the U-21s tomorrow to see if there is any value bets about. One of the first fixtures I came across seems interesting.

The odds seem incredibly one-sided in the Bosnia U21 v Germany U21 game.

Bosnia @ 11/2 .......Draw @ 3/1 ......Germany @ 4/9.

Now, granted Germany have won all their games, this looks far from the walkover the odds would suggest.

Bosnias home record:

07/09 UUC Greece U21 4 - 0
    06/06 UUC San Marino U21 3 - 1
    01/06 UUC Belarus U21 3 - 0
    11/10 UUC Cyprus U21 5 - 1

Germanys away record:

15/11 UUC Cyprus U21 0 - 3
    11/11 UUC Greece U21 4 - 5
    10/10 UUC San Marino U21 0 - 8
    06/09 UUC Belarus U21 0 - 1

Another very good value bet for me is Spain -1 at home to Croatia @ 4/5.

http://www.soccerway.com/teams/comparison/?team_ids%5B%5D=4387&team_ids%5B%5D=4353

I'm doing a four way acc anyway:

Bosnia +2 @ 1/2
    Spain -1 @ 4/5
    Denmark -1 @ 8/11
    Switzerland -1 @ 1/2

6/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sweden U21 v Ukraine U21

Gone for over 2.5 goals @ 17/20. Its 2nd v 3rd. Both teams have somthing to play for. Sweden win they get top spot, while Ukraine win they take 1 also
    Really should be a cracking game I hope
    Stake: 27.50 To Win: 23.38

Had a quick glance over the U21's

Luxemburg - Bulgaria
    Straight win for Luxemburg is @9 which is a bit risky i agree but might be worth a bit of change you find behind the couch.

But i also looked at the goals and Luxemburg (or Bulgaria not to keep a clean sheet) to score a goal is 1,66.

Reverse fixture ended in 3-2 for Bulgaria who i have seen playing against the Dutch a while back (5-0) and were pretty much ****.

Luxemburg failed to score only against the Dutch in that group (2x) but in the other 5 matches they managed to nick a goal. They did lose all matches though.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Fizman wrote: »
    Just looking through the U-21s tomorrow to see if there is any value bets about. One of the first fixtures I came across seems interesting.

Now, granted Germany have won all their games, this looks far from the walkover the odds would suggest.

Bosnias home record:

Germanys away record:

Another very good value bet for me is Spain -1 at home to Croatia @ 4/5.

http://www.soccerway.com/teams/comparison/?team_ids%5B%5D=4387&team_ids%5B%5D=4353 I'm doing a four way acc anyway: Bosnia +2 @ 1/2 Spain -1 @ 4/5 Denmark -1 @ 8/11 Switzerland -1 @ 1/2 6/1.
    the problem with both teams recent results is that they both played extremely poor opposition.

also at youth football the team is constantly changing so those results have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

odds on the swiss not a bit short?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bosnias home record:

Germanys away record:

I know the other teams weren't great, but strikes me both teams are well able to score. Might go on BTTS and Over 2.5 myself.

• Advertisement

U21's again.

Only 4 teams that finish 2nd in their group will qualify for the play off (knock out round)

Scotland will finish 2nd in their group but need the win away to Austria in order to have a chance of qualifying as 1 of those 4. (@2,5 for a Scottish win, they took 5 points from Holland)

Bosnia is another one that needs a win. Will Germany go for it?

Armenia away to Montenegro needs the win. Montenegro are out of it. I just wonder how much they like each other......

England-Norway is one where a draw might suit both fine. Would put Norway on 17 points which only be not enough if Armenia, Portugal and the Swiss all win. However a Norway win will both see them qualified.

Maybe i am too cynical but i can see a lot "surprises".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Regarding the Bosnia v Germany u21 game - from what I've read Germany are missing 4 first starters but they will still be going for the win to keep the 100% record. Regarding the other games just be careful as there are many dead rubber games with weakened teams so as Inforfun said expect suprises

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

England v Ukraine
    England to win to nil 21/20 Ukraine begin life without Shevchenko who had an impressive 48 goals from 110 internationals. Marko Devic is likely to lead the line for the Ukraine but he is struggling for goals, just 2 goals from 25 appearances. STAT Nobody bar Shevchenko has scored in any of their last five internationals, while England have won to nil in four of their 8 games under Hodgson. So I expect England to cope without the absence of John Terry and keep a clean sheet.
    England -1 21/20 As already stated Ukraine are particularly blunt in attack and the confidence should be there after hitting 5 past Moldova, albeit a shocking team.
    Frank Lampard anytime goalscorer 2/1 The Chelsea man has made an impressive start to the season and has 4 goals in total for club and country including his brace against Moldova on Friday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know the other teams weren't great, but strikes me both teams are well able to score. Might go on BTTS and Over 2.5 myself.

Bugger, didn't go on this but both would have been in by the 25 minute mark :/

Bosnias home record:

Germanys away record:

Anyone bite a piece of this? Early doors I know but it's 3-1 Bosnia at HT.

Anyone bite a piece of this? Early doors I know but it's 3-1 Bosnia at HT.

Ha, 3-3 now. Gotta love U-21s.

come on bosnia just get one

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Bit of an unusual bet... Paddy is going 8/5 for there to be exactly 1 first half goal in the england v ukraine match. Bit of value there i would say.

also they have a coupon in the shop where if you pick 4 international matches where a goal will be scored in both halves they pay 7/2.

Just a heads up for anyone considering the Arsenal bets mentioned last night Diaby has got another injury and won't play for France maybe also Arsenal.

Also Live thread people out the door and too your left ;):p

• Advertisement

:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement