Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Man Utd team v Wigan: Lindegaard, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Buttner, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Hernandez, Welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

magherakid wrote: »
    Man Utd team v Wigan: Lindegaard, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Buttner, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Hernandez, Welbeck

Wigan price dropping, took the asian + 2

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Finally they got back to me

Gary Caldwell 5/4

Ill have a look at team lineup and decide then

RVP is on the bench so that is a miss

Rangers look to be stepping up a notch in the 3rd division now, they're really starting to pummel opponents, theres absolutely no value in the win or the h/caps thou.

But you can take your pick on anytime goalscorers at this stage :
    The stand out prices are :

Lee McCulloch @ 11/8 (cracking price, he's pretty much the top point of an attacking diamond shape Rangers are playing)

Templeton @ 11/10 (A few might have seen his goal against Liverpool that Reina fumbled last month in the Europa lge qualifiers, he's since moved to Rangers, he and McCulloch grabbed 2 each in their last game.)

Andrew Little @ 8/11 (Price is starting to come down on Little, they others are better value imo)

Boyles are by far best price.

Little does not start, McCulloch spear heading, thats where my money is goin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Liverpool way too short again at 2.14 away from home against a team nearly as good. Once again they're the value lay of the day regardless of result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Liverpool way too short again at 2.14 away from home against a team nearly as good. Once again they're the value lay of the day regardless of result

laying them also at the price
    time and time again they disappoint and i think today will
    be no exception especially away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

AC Milan over 10 points (Card Index) @ 1/2

The card machines Ambrosini and De Jong are both set to play at least some part in the game with one of them definitely going to be starting and the other coming on (if not both of them starting). Add to this Nocerino who is fond of silly tackles and a poor central defence pairing that will most likely consist of Daniele Bonera and either Mario Yepes or Cristian Zapata (Debutante) and it looks a dead cert to me.

Will wait for the confirmed line-ups and hope the price doesn't drop but I'll be lumping on this.

Also looking at the over 20 points market too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Man Utd -1 7/10 going big

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Sunderland v Liverpool
    Craig Gardner to be shown a card 2/1 Skybet
    If Garder is playing right back should be up against young Sterling

Norway Division 2 group 1 3pm kick off

Bromm V Elverum : Pick Elverum ht/ft @ 2.75

Top of the table v bottom of the table,

Safe pick Elverum win @ 1.75

4 - 1 Elverum, safe pick won, ht/ft did not

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Flora tallinn just kicked off. Always good for goals in their matches. Playing the team just below them in the league but 20pts behind them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Flora tallinn just kicked off. Always good for goals in their matches. Playing the team just below them in the league but 20pts behind them.

3-0 at ht , only 4-0 at ft. Hoping for 1 more but will have to be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

AC Milan over 10 points (Card Index) @ 1/2

The card machines Ambrosini and De Jong are both set to play at least some part in the game with one of them definitely going to be starting and the other coming on (if not both of them starting). Add to this Nocerino who is fond of silly tackles and a poor central defence pairing that will most likely consist of Daniele Bonera and either Mario Yepes or Cristian Zapata (Debutante) and it looks a dead cert to me.

Will wait for the confirmed line-ups and hope the price doesn't drop but I'll be lumping on this.

Also looking at the over 20 points market too.

Easy money :D .. Between this and laying liverpool it's been a great day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

BATE double chance vs Lille @ 2.75 is the bet of the week imo. Not only are Lille in terrible form at the moment, but they're also the kings of choking and I'm pretty sure they'll underestimate BATE. My only concern is that one of BATE's CB is suspended for this game so I don't know much that's going to affect them...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    Bahia v Figueirense
    Bahia: Gabriel, Ávine, Coelho, Souza
    Figueirense: Loco Abreu, Hélber, Almir, Fernandes, Elsinho, Aloísio
    pick 1

AS Nancy v Olympique Marseille
    AS Nancy: Helder, André Luiz
    Olympique Marseille: Diawara, Abdallah, Rémy, Mendes, Barton, Amalfitano
    pick 1X

FC Utrecht v PSV Eindhoven
    FC Utrecht: Ayoub, Mulenga, Martensson, Asare
    PSV Eindhoven: Pieters
    pick 2

SSC Napoli v Parma FC
    SSC Napoli: Britos
    Parma FC: Biabiany, Amauri, Sansone, Santacroce
    pick 1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Groningen - Vitesse, the late game in Holland today

Vitesse to win @2.7 is huge.
    Vitesse HT/FT @4.33 if you like a gamble.

Vitesse does have the much better squad, have 3 wins, 1 draw so far.
    Groningen is struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

gone back to paddypower feel dirty lol

Gonna take an early price on Man utd -1 against Galatasaray at 7/10. Just checked Galatasaray have conceded 6 goals in their 3 league games, so they obviously have defensive problems. Utd rested the likes Of Van Persie, Kagawa and Valencia and still managed a comfortable 4-0 win at Wigan. I expect a few goals with the likes of them players to return

in play bet looks safe going for

juventus to win
    napoli to win
    double 6/4 £15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Shane St. wrote: »
    Gonna take an early price on Man utd -1 against Galatasaray at 7/10. Just checked Galatasaray have conceded 6 goals in their 3 league games, so they obviously have defensive problems. Utd rested the likes Of Van Persie, Kagawa and Valencia and still managed a comfortable 4-0 win at Wigan. I expect a few goals with the likes of them players to return
    I'm on the over 2.5 goals on that one doubled with Man City v Madrid - ill write a proper report later but it looks solid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

anyone have anything solid for the reading/spurs game?

looking at the overs 2.5 but not sure if the game will have loads of goals, spurs always look good for goals but they also waste alot of chances

Reading v Tottenham
    Definitely not a good price to be backing a struggling Spurs team at evens away from home… Spurs won only one of last 11 away games…. I’ll side with the draw here 5/2
    Both teams have failed to register a clean sheet between them… So the 4/5 for both teams to score looks a banker to me
    Also going to have a small bit on Pogrebynack anytime goalscorer 2/1 Decent price for him… Likely to be the spear head of the attack and he scored a great header in his last game against Chelsea

Avfctom wrote: »
    in play bet looks safe going for

juventus to win
    napoli to win
    double 6/4 £15

ffs juventus

reading have not played in almost a month, 25 days i think, there last match was suspended and then the international break also. not sure if this is a good or bad thing, expect goals so ill be on the overs 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

defoe anytime 7/4 is tempting me big shtyle

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Bookies have the overs/unders as a coinflip (both 5/6). Wouldn't have overs as as much as a certainty as ye are thinking.

Spurs Norwich - 2 goals. Norwich's coming in the 85th min
    Sprus WBrom - 2 goals. WBroms goal coming in injury time
    Spurs Ncastle - 3 goals.Overs came in, 2 goals in last 15 mins.

Just looking at those 3 games, you wouldn't have been any way confident that overs was going to come in. The thing on your side is that...Reading have both scored and conceded in both their games.Including banging in 2 against Chelsea and 1 against Stoke.I think i'd side with the both teams to score bet over the overs bet, just to cover the 1-1. Hard to know which way the game could go though.
    Reading have played two matches and Spurs have played three – and in all five games, both sides have scored(altho Reading needed a 90th min peno against Stoke)

cup of tea wrote: »
    Bookies have the overs/unders as a coinflip (both 5/6). Wouldn't have overs as as much as a certainty as ye are thinking.

Spurs Norwich - 2 goals. Norwich's coming in the 85th min
    Sprus WBrom - 2 goals. WBroms goal coming in injury time
    Spurs Ncastle - 3 goals.Overs came in, 2 goals in last 15 mins.

Just looking at those 3 games, you wouldn't have been any way confident that overs was going to come in. The thing on your side is that...Reading have both scored and conceded in both their games.Including banging in 2 against Chelsea and 1 against Stoke.I think i'd side with the both teams to score bet over the overs bet, just to cover the 1-1. Hard to know which way the game could go though.

yeah i personally hate doing overs and rarely do it, its a very frustrating bet to do , i cant see anything else for the game thats solid, i have the option of trading out of bets to half the loss or cut whatever percentage. id never just do overs and need the 3 to come in, betfair is handy like that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gone with reading and draw at 4/5

reckon spurs and pool are the teams to be laying until
    something improves

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

inforfun wrote: »
    Groningen - Vitesse, the late game in Holland today

Vitesse to win @2.7 is huge.
    Vitesse HT/FT @4.33 if you like a gamble.

Vitesse does have the much better squad, have 3 wins, 1 draw so far.
    Groningen is struggling.

fair play infor, even with 10 men vit won

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

3-0 when playing with 10 men for 60 mins.

I went rather big on it so also did an in play bet of over 2 goals/over 6,5 corners.
    Almost would forgive Vitesse their injury time winner against Feyenoord.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement