Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

For today i have decided to go for team goals in the CL

Shakhtar Donetsk Over 2.5 @ 2.00
    Man Utd Over 2.5 @ 2.10
    Braga Over 1.5 @ 1.61
    Bayern Munich Over 1.5 @ 1.50
    Barcelona Over 3.5 @ 2.10
    Juventus Over 1.5 @ 3.25

Works out @69.45 > small money

Also took a treble with only Shakhtar/Bayern/Utd @6.3 >bigger money

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

getting ****ing ridiculous at this stage that my above bets have shortened already

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Headshot wrote: »
    getting ****ing ridiculous at this stage that my above bets have shortened already
    LOL. I seriously doubt that the odds shortened because at most a couple of people here may have seen your selection and stuck a tenner on it when far in excess of a million will be wagered on this match. A bit of perspective is useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Anything jumping out at ye in the Europa league. The obvious bets are athletico madrid to win, some variation of a falcao goal bet and overs in the Bilbao match.

What else looks interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Their is obviously someone working for a bookies thats seen your a pretty decent tipster. All you can do is back your bets before posting them still ridicolous though.

• Advertisement

People dont relies this forum is read thru out the web
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    Their is obviously someone working for a bookies thats seen your a pretty decent tipster. All you can do is back your bets before posting them still ridicolous though.

Thanks Nuts but im not sure is it bookies or whats the story is tbh. Maybe its a very strange coincidence

But yap its my fault for not backing them there and then but I thought no chance they would change before I wake up.

live and learn I suppose

I see PP are offering money back if English games end in a draw. Surely Juventus are worth a bet with that offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Looking around for some value tonight so decided on this.
    Should be goals in the 2 CL matches so went with

Eduardo anytime (Shaktar)
    Pizarro anytime (Bayern)
    Sheffield Wed - Double chance

Treble pays almost 3/1 (Bet365)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

well all i can say is thanks for for the tips lad i might get them a little lower but a evs win better then a 100/1 loss good luck to all

iggy wrote: »
    Looking around for some value tonight so decided on this.
    Should be goals in the 2 CL matches so went with

Eduardo anytime (Shaktar)
    Pizarro anytime (Bayern)
    Sheffield Wed - Double chance

Treble pays almost 3/1 (Bet365)

both of them wont probably start....
    Id be 99% sure Pizarro wont start since Mandžukić is in excellent form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Celtic v Benfica
    Celtic to win to nil 11/2
    Fixture has always ended (6 times) as a home win to nil. Either in Glasgow or Lisbon.

Might be worth a few pound got this from a tipster on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

magherakid wrote: »
    Celtic v Benfica
    Fixture has always ended (6 times) as a home win to nil. Either in Glasgow or Lisbon.

I am on a Celtic win myself benfica always seem to freeze at Parkhead and with the players they are missing it looks good value.
    The win to nil forCeltic may be dodgy though with their in consistent defence over 2.5 goals might be better value

Celtic v Benfica

I am on a Celtic win myself benfica always seem to freeze at Parkhead and with the players they are missing it looks good value.
    The win to nil forCeltic may be dodgy though with their in consistent defence over 2.5 goals might be better value

I havent watched Celtic is ages. Is Scott Brown still a dirty player?

I havent watched Celtic is ages. Is Scott Brown still a dirty player?

cant tackle another Scholes............ hot head too

cant tackle another Scholes

I might request odds on him to be booked for the craic

cant tackle another Scholes

I might request odds on him to be booked for the craic
    Wanyama and Mulgrew might also be worth backing in the card market

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Seems to be very little value about tonight, except for Juve DNB in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Going big on Shakthar -1... They are in amazing form i the league, 9 wins out of 9.... Also the -1 has come in 8 of those 9 games. They are playing 1st timers in the CL in Nordsjaelland who can't be used to the travel
    Looks a good bet to me

Shane St. wrote: »
    Going big on Shakthar -1... They are in amazing form i the league, 9 wins out of 9.... Also the -1 has come in 8 of those 9 games. They are playing 1st timers in the CL in Nordsjaelland who can't be used to the travel
    Looks a good bet to me

on them too at 5/6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Cluj's odds V Braga are crazy! 6/1 to win, 7/2 DNB and Double chance @2.54

From what I've watched of braga all year, they are fine in attack, but terrible in defence, Cluj like to sit back and counter teams so I see no reason why they won't take at least a point here. They also had a huge win for them at the weekend so morale is high and there a decent side.

Not saying its a cert or anything but methinks I'll have a little nibble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Shane St. wrote: »
    Looks a good bet to me

Bet of the night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

What about Utd at home tonight?

(-1) is 5/6.

I know they may have an eye on the Liverpool game on Sunday, but I can't see Fergie taking too many chances after what happened to them last year in the CL.

Celtic v Benfica

Dont like it myself Celtic are a poor side compared to teams of old in Europe. They are dodgy at the back. Benfica are a better team but i fancy Celtic to score. Both teams to score for me at 10/11 is a standout bet.

Barcelona v Spartak Moscow
    Barcelona over 60% possession 20/23

CucaFace wrote: »
    What about Utd at home tonight?

(-1) is 5/6.

I know they may have an eye on the Liverpool game on Sunday, but I can't see Fergie taking too many chances after what happened to them last year in the CL.

I will wait and look at the team first if they go strong -1 is a good bet. If they start with a weakened team im going looking at Galatasary half time/ United full time at 25/1.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Dont like it myself Celtic are a poor side compared to teams of old in Europe. They are dodgy at the back. Benfica are a better team but i fancy Celtic to score. Both teams to score for me at 10/11 is a standout bet.

never know its been done 6 times in a row why not 7 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Barcelona v Spartak Moscow
    Barcelona over 60% possession 20/23
    What bookies ? Serious price

Fancy Shakhtar tonight to score a few goals. Mkitharyan from midfield has 12 goals in 9 league games including first goal in 4 of the games. Could be interesting. Presume he must take penalties and free also.

5/4 anytime
    5/1 first goal
    6/4 wincast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

LOL. I seriously doubt that the odds shortened because at most a couple of people here may have seen your selection and stuck a tenner on it when far in excess of a million will be wagered on this match. A bit of perspective is useful.
    I agree, to think that 1 persons opinion will alter the odds of a bet (unless that person is betting huge amounts - not the case here) is laughable. Headshot, u hit every now and then but I seriously doubt the bookies are waiting for ur picks to dictate their odds of a bet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement