Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Well to be honest i didnt really decide yet what im going to do. I know Dnipro and PSV are attacking so i can see goals. Also Twente score and concede alot i might just do BTTS for both games. Im going to look in detail tomorrow before i decide on what im backing. From a quick glance also bets that interest me are below but i will look in more detail tomorrow. Want to look at what clubs are resting players.

Bilbao -1 3/4
    Victoria Plzen 7/10
    Inter/Rubin BTTS 10/11
    Udinese/Anzhi BTTs 4/5 or Anzhi win at 11/8.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Might want to wait for the PSV team.
    Sunday it is PSV - Feyenoord, a match they can not afford to lose being 6 points behind Twente already.

At the other hand, if they put the strongest team out, a Feyenoord double chance on sunday @2.62 is available.
    Van Bommel will be playing for sure tomorrow i think. He is suspended for sunday after his 5th yellow card in 5 matches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

inforfun wrote: »
    Might want to wait for the PSV team.
    Sunday it is PSV - Feyenoord, a match they can not afford to lose being 6 points behind Twente already.

At the other hand, if they put the strongest team out, a Feyenoord double chance on sunday @2.62 is available.
    Van Bommel will be playing for sure tomorrow i think. He is suspended for sunday after his 5th yellow card in 5 matches :D

ya read that the other day, was gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've taken a 3 out of 5 system for the following bets,

Udinese DNB @ 2.35 - Anzhi on great form, I cant see them beating Udinese in Italy thou. Price looks good.

Plzen over 1.5 @ 2.00 - Again price looks good for a home side on better form than Academia.

PSV over 1.5 @ 2.20 - This is more a gamble now, I didnt take into account the game on Sunday. They're still well capable of scoring 3+ on a bad day.

Napoli over 1.5 @ 1.60 - Not much reasoning needed, filler bet, should come in if they're anyway half serious against AIK, different quality.

Athletico Madrid over 1.5 @ 1.85 Good value here on the holders to go out and get off to a good start especially with the team and Falcao's current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

I've taken a 3 out of 5 system for the following bets,

Udinese DNB @ 2.35 - Anzhi on great form, I cant see them beating Udinese in Italy thou. Price looks good.

Plzen over 1.5 @ 2.00 - Again price looks good for a home side on better form than Academia.

PSV over 1.5 @ 2.20 - This is more a gamble now, I didnt take into account the game on Sunday. They're still well capable of scoring 3+ on a bad day.

Napoli over 1.5 @ 1.60 - Not much reasoning needed, filler bet, should come in if they're anyway half serious against AIK, different quality.

Athletico Madrid over 1.5 @ 1.85 Good value here on the holders to go out and get off to a good start especially with the team and Falcao's current form.

Not sure if falcao is playing. Think I read on goal that they have left quite a few 1st teamers at home. Tred carefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Have a banker looking treble at 1.50 but playing it safe so instead of double chance and under 2.5 goals Ive gone for +2 and under 3.5. Ive been pondering over putting Lazio +2 @1.30 to make it an evens accum. Lazio are in great form and Spurs were poor in europe last year but Ive heard AVB will be putting out strong team so will probably wait close to kick off to see Spurs lineup.

Anzhi away to Udinese +2 @1.11(Anzhi - great form bringing strong side and take this comp serious, there worth taking DNB. Udinese are shocking at the moment and when they win its by 1 goal in Europe)

Young Boys +2 home to Liverpool @1.12(cant really see Liverpool winning - nothing up front resting main players, but wouldnt completely rule them out winning by a goal)

Maritimo v Newcastle under 3.5 goals @1.22(no Ba or Cisse, Maritimos games in Europe and the league at home very low scoring)

Lazio +2 1.30 v Spurs (will probably do the bet but think Spurs might nick it by a goal though)

2.00 banker accum

Taking Defoe to score anytime at 2.40 as a bit of insurance as hes banging them in lately.;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

BATE double chance vs Lille @ 2.75 is the bet of the week imo. Not only are Lille in terrible form at the moment, but they're also the kings of choking and I'm pretty sure they'll underestimate BATE. My only concern is that one of BATE's CB is suspended for this game so I don't know much that's going to affect them...

That's the last two tips I've followed from you that paid out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Marty09

What's the view on Young Boys to beat Liverpool?
    17/10 looks ok.

I know Europa League is unpredictable, but with Liverpool sending out a weaker squad and recent form they may not get anything here.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Trying to navigate the goal.com website unsuccessfully. Sometimes there are very good previews.

Usually i just do a google search but would like to know how to navigate the website to see a list of all the previews for a certain match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Hapoel Tel Aviv v Atl Madrid
    Atl Madrid missing Diego Godín, Filipe Luis, Gabi, Arda Turan, Tiago and Radamel Falcao

• Advertisement

Just watch out betting on the Europa League tonight i would wait to see the teams first. Some teams not playing there strongest eleven.

Napoli v AIK Stockholm - MOVE AGAINST NAPOLI who miss Hugo Campagnaro, Miguel Angel Britos, Christian Maggio, Gokhan Inler & Edinson Cavani.

Viktoria Plzen v Academica - MOVE ON VIKTORIA PLZEN. Academica missing Santos, Cabral, Real, Coulibaly, Cleyton, Paulo, Saleiro & Ouattara

B.Leverkusen v Metalist Kharkov - MOVE ON B.LEVERKUSEN, Metalist Kharkov missing Berezovchuk, Shelayev, Oberemko, Chonka, Lysenko & Vorobyey

Udinese v Anji Makhachkala - MOVE FOR ANJI MAKHACHKALA. Udinese without Brkic, Silva, Angella, Allan, Maicosuel, Zielinski, Muriel & Barreto

Bordeaux v Club Brugge - MOVE FOR BORDEAUX, Brugge miss Ryan Donk, Jim Larsen, Thomas Meunier, Lior Refaelov, Niki Zimling & Ivan Trickovski

Fenerbache v Marseille - MOVE ON MARSEILLE. Fenerbache miss Dirk Kuyt, Milos Krasic, Serdar Kesimal & Egemen Korkmaz - Mehmet Topal a doubt

http://twitter.com/txoddsmoves

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thinking of putting a sum on Sunderland 13/5 to win this weekend. Rate them much higher than West Ham and i fancy they'll be very eager to get their first win of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

manual_man wrote: »
    thinking of putting a sum on Sunderland 13/5 to win this weekend. Rate them much higher than West Ham and i fancy they'll be very eager to get their first win of the season

sunderland were horrendous last weekend though and that was at home, they havent been great on their travels either

redzerdrog wrote: »

sunderland were horrendous last weekend though and that was at home, they havent been great on their travels either

i think that was mostly down to how Liverpool played. i think they're definitely due a win. i don't rate West Ham. despite their good start

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i think that was mostly down to how Liverpool played. i think they're definitely due a win. i don't rate West Ham. despite their good start

Dont think so, because Liverpool were shocking aswell

but they are due a win and west ham are very hit and miss

redzerdrog wrote: »

Dont think so, because Liverpool were shocking aswell

but they are due a win and west ham are very hit and miss

Liverpool were excellent throughout, apart from the one mistake that cost them the goal. And i'd consider myself Liverpool's toughest critic! Anyway i'm gonna lob a few on Sunderland, just have a feeling they'll do a number on West Ham

Word of warning

A. Madrid left a lot of their main players at home.

Squad for tonights match:

GK:
    1 – Sergio Asenjo
    13 – Courtois

DEFENCE:
    12 – Pulido
    15 – Cisma
    17 – Silvio
    18 – Cata Díaz
    20 - Juanfran
    23 – Miranda
    26 - Manquillo

MIDFIELD:
    4 – Mario Suárez
    6 – Koke
    8 – Raúl García
    11 – Cristian Rodríguez
    21 - Emre
    28 - Saúl

FORWARDS:
    7 – Adrián
    19 – Diego Costa
    38 - Pedro

Excellent post from another forum

54478274.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

@Lasagna

Whats your thoughts on Ligue1 match tomorrow Montpellier v St Etienne

That seems pretty harsh on Montpellier them only playing Tuesday, from the highlights i seen was a fast paced game.

Also someone mentioned the hangover effect on teams playing in Europe not winning was high %

• Advertisement

Yes that was me.
    to keep it short, when a team had only 48 hours between matches, this will decrease their chance of winning by 40%

Guy who was Gary Speeds assistant for Wales did research on 20.000 matches in Europe and that was the outcome.
    It all of course also depends on the opponents but take this weekend for example, PSV - Feyenoord. PSV plays today in Dnipropetrovsk so no doubt, players will feel that on Sunday and i guess they would have preferred another opponent
    Although i do think, this is early in the season the effects might be less than during the knock out rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Cheers inforfun for that.

I think i'll give them a miss just seen St Etienne have 4 players injured/suspended.

Diomende (m) 1/0 Zouma (m) 4/0 Clerc (d) 2/0 all injured Brison (m) 3/0 suspended.

Probably swings it back too Montpellier :pac: 2.35 with Pinnacle interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Yea, the game's too hard to call, Montpellier are bound to start winning again and St Etienne are missing 2 of their regular defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Its tough anybody have any opinions looking at a few but cant decide what to do.

Bilbao -1
    Over 2.5 goals Twente/Hannover
    Over 2.5 Partizan game
    Sporting Lisbon
    Over 2.5 Dnipro/ PSV
    BTTS Spurs/Lazio
    Victoria Plzen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone else really like the look of Blackburn tomorrow at 5/6 at home against Boro??
    B'burns home form reads 3 wins from 3 while Boro's away form is 3 defeats from 3....
    Unless I'm missing something here seems like a banker.... might throw in a Rhodes wincast aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

2 small bets for tonight. Treble: Bordeaux, Inter and Sporting Lisbon To Win, €5-€25.

Liverpool v Young Boys, both teams not to score. €10-€20

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

young boys DNB @19/20 with william hill

double
    Bordeaux and over 2.5 goals in the Psv game 7/10 and 8/11 double with Bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Going big tonight.

€50 on over 2.5 goals at 11/10 in the Bordeaux V Club Brugge match. I foresee goals in this one.

Also €20 on over 1.5 goals in the following games @ 2/1

Maritimo v Newcastle
    VfB Stuttgart v Steaua Bucharest
    Bordeaux v Club Brugge
    Young Boys v Liverpool

And €30 on the following double @ 2/1

Lyon v Sparta Prague
    FC Twente v Hannover 96

Good luck to you all tonight

PSV team:

21 B. Waterman
    18 T. Derijck
    4 Marcelo
    15 J. Willems
    6 M. van Bommel
    13 A. Hutchinson
    8 K. Strootman
    11 J. Lens
    7 O. Toivonen
    14 D. Mertens
    17 L. Narsingh

A few changes, partly because of injuries but not a second string by any means.

Narsingh and Lens were after all starters for Holland last week.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bordeaux and Atleti @ around 2/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement