Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

A bit on Eduardo Vargas to score 2 or more @8,5

Edit: 6 minutes in and there is 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Shane St. wrote: »
    Anyone else really like the look of Blackburn tomorrow at 5/6 at home against Boro??
    B'burns home form reads 3 wins from 3 while Boro's away form is 3 defeats from 3....
    Unless I'm missing something here seems like a banker.... might throw in a Rhodes wincast aswell

Looking at this myself,might go it tonight in case odds go down tomorrow,no fresh injuries for either side,Givet back for Blackburn( but thats a negative imo! Dunno how anyone elsw feels) but odds are veey generous considering its basically a premiership team vs chsmpionship,Nuno is on form too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

2 small bets for tonight. Treble: Bordeaux, Inter and Sporting Lisbon To Win, €5-€25.

Liverpool v Young Boys, both teams not to score. €10-€20
    :rolleyes:

inforfun wrote: »
    A bit on Eduardo Vargas to score 2 or more @8,5

Edit: 6 minutes in and there is 1

Awww... feels like summer/autumn 2011 again :D:D:D

Get in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Spurs Team: Lloris; Walker, Caulker, Vertonghen, Naughton; Dembele, Sandro; Lennon, Dempsey, Bale; Defoe

• Advertisement

You really wonder sometimes...

Bet365 has Koteles to score any time @1.33

He is the ****ing Genk goalkeeper :confused:

And there is the Vargas hat trick. He still has it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    Bordeaux and Atleti @ around 2/1

Still playing. Bets in though, 4-0 and 3-0 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

inforfun are Twente playing strong team?

About the strongest possible.

Opstelling FC Twente: Mihaylov; Rosales, Douglas, Wisgerhof, Braafheid; Brama, Schilder, Janssen; Chadli, Castaignos, Tadic.

But so does Hannover...

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Lyon
    Inter
    Bayer
    Spurs/lazio BTTS
    Twente/Hannover BTTS

@ 13.6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

annoyed at myself for not researching. psv (awful on the road) and dnipro (very strong at home), and i bet on psv :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've taken a 3 out of 5 system for the following bets,

Udinese DNB @ 2.35 - Anzhi on great form, I cant see them beating Udinese in Italy thou. Price looks good. :)

Plzen over 1.5 @ 2.00 - Again price looks good for a home side on better form than Academia.:D

PSV over 1.5 @ 2.20 - This is more a gamble now, I didnt take into account the game on Sunday. They're still well capable of scoring 3+ on a bad day.:mad:

Napoli over 1.5 @ 1.60 - Not much reasoning needed, filler bet, should come in if they're anyway half serious against AIK, different quality.:D

Athletico Madrid over 1.5 @ 1.85 Good value here on the holders to go out and get off to a good start especially with the team and Falcao's current form.:D

3 from 5 comes in, with Udinese void, profit is seen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 singles:
    Videoton double chance @ 2.10 :(

Neftchi double chance @ 2.35 :)

Genk vs Videoton: Videoton are unbeaten in the EL this season, they drew twice with Trabzonspor and beat another Belgian team, Gent, twice (they even won 3-0 in Belgium). Gent are currently level on points with Genk in the Belgian league...

Neftchi managed to knock out APOEL and even won in Cyprus, they also got a draw away to Zestafoni who are strong at home. Partizan are not exactly a major force in Europe, hopefully Neftchi can get at least a draw in Serbia.

1/2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Blackburn v Middlesbrough
    Once again Blackburns game looks good for the overs @ 4/5, Middlesbrough have scored in 4/5 last aways and have scored in last 5 games - Blackburn last 5 over 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Not many games appeal to me on saturday. I dont like betting on CL teams so ill give them a miss but Iv seen 2 bets that look interesting

West Brom v Reading 4/5 West Brom are a strong home team from what iv seen of their matches. Reading already are looking relegated bound. Nice odds on the home team imo

Swansea v Everton over 2.5 goals @ 1/1 looks right good imo. Swansea have scored in all their home teams and a few overs in those matches too (besides the pool match) Everton have been very impressive this season, they were robbed against Newcastle, so I think they'll be really up for this

Thoughts on that folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Headshot wrote: »
    Not many games appeal to me on saturday. I dont like betting on CL teams so ill give them a miss but Iv seen 2 bets that look interesting

West Brom v Reading 4/5 West Brom are a strong home team from what iv seen of their matches. Reading already are looking relegated bound. Nice odds on the home team imo

Swansea v Everton over 2.5 goals @ 1/1 looks right good imo. Swansea have scored in all their home teams and a few overs in those matches too (besides the pool match) Everton have been very impressive this season, they were robbed against Newcastle, so I think they'll be really up for this

Thoughts on that folks?

Was advising a mate of mine to go BTTS on the everton/swans game so yeah looks a good shout, same for WBA, Reading aren't a bad team when they want to be but WBA are pretty good and should be shorter odds than that imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

A bet I like for the weekend is Wigan to beat Fulham and both teams to score @4/1.

Wigan are usually decent enough at home, Fulham usually dire on the road and I don't think Wigan's defense is consistent enough to keep a clean sheet.

Agree that West Brom should beat Reading and they're a decent price. Think Newcastle will beat Norwich at home relatively comfortably too, they are a similar price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone else tempted to go big on Blackburn??

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was looking at the -1 @ 2/1 Thought that was right good but I dont like betting on the championship

Was looking at Blackburn to win &over 2,5 @2.6

But i agree with Headshot, it is a disaster of a league to bet on.

Blackburn wins all home matches so far and Middlesborough away is 3 losses in 3. Those 6 combined had 4 making the overs so above bet would make sense.

So it wouldnt surprise me if Middlesborough wins 1-0 tonight or a 0-0 draw.

Might still do that bet but i'll be waiting how my other bets do today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    First Vienna v SKN St. Pölten
    First Vienna: Becirovic (7/2 m), Dober (9/2 d), Dospel (7/0 d), Perktold (3/0 m), Kröpfl (0/0 d), Pink (8/1 m), Kropfhofer (0/0 g)
    SKN St. Pölten: Rathfuss (3/0 d)
    pick 2

Roda Kerkrade v FC Utrecht
    Roda Kerkrade: Sutchuin Djum (3/0 m), Delorge (0/0 m), Malki (5/2 f)
    FC Utrecht: Ayoub (0/0 m), Gerndt (5/2 f), Kali (3/0 m), Mulenga (4/0 f), Martensson (3/0 m), Takagi (3/0 m)
    pick 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Lass, what ya make of Monaco v Lens tonight ??? :)

Just one bet atm for tonight.

Aubameyang 2 or More Goals @ 17/1, just a little nibble at this (tenner) as I fancy Montpeiller to be a bit tired after their midweek efforts in the Champions League. For a lot of them it was in their first time playing in European competition, so fatigue has to be factored in here. That and despite there fact, they played reasonably well and arguably deserved a draw on Tuesday, you just can't ignore their defensive woes and form in the league beforehand.

Aubameyang was a monster last season and started this season well, even if
    St.Etienne are nowt more than a mid table side.

Looking to throw something on Osters in a double or treble, any suggestions would be appreciated as I might not have the time later to do any proper research. Preferably I'd like to avoid LOI and the Championship (Blackburn) tonight as they are both poisonous to bet on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

what league are aubameyang please

rossit wrote: »
    what league are aubameyang please

Plays for St.Etienne in Ligue 1

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Lass, what ya make of Monaco v Lens tonight ??? :)

Monaco have let me down too many times, I can't trust them any more :pac: If I had to bet on this game, I'd go for BTTS as Lens have scored in almost all their league games this season and Monaco concede in most of their games.

This should be a banker, in fact I've put my whole bankroll on it so I hope I regret it...lost a lot of money cuz of Bilbao yesterday (I put them in all my doubles & trebles :pac:) so I want some money back now!

over 2.5 in Tallinna Kalev vs Nomme Kalju
    Aktobe double chance
    Valletta
    Under 3.5 in Gomel vs Naftan
    @ 2.01

Nomme Kalju are in great form, scoring goals for fun and the last 3 games between these 2 teams finished 7-0, 4-0 and 5-0.

Aktobe have probably the best squad in Kazakhstan, they play Barcelona-like football, the problem is they have the worst professional keeper in the world, literally... They desperately need points if they wanna play in Europe next season, the double chance is "safer" as they draw often away from home.

Valletta have won all their games so far and have the best Maltese player ever, Mifsud, in their game, it should be an easy win for them.

Gomel haven't scored more than 3 goals in a game this season, most of their games go under 3.5 and head to head stats show that their games vs Naftan often go under 3.5
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/09/22/belarus/premier-league/fc-gomel/fc-naftan-novopolotsk/1255883/head2head/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

This should be a banker, in fact I've put my whole bankroll on it so I hope I regret it...lost a lot of money cuz of Bilbao yesterday (I put them in all my doubles & trebles :pac:) so I want some money back now!

Aktobe double chance
    Valletta
    @ 2.01

Nomme Kalju are in great form, scoring goals for fun and the last 3 games between these 2 teams finished 7-0, 4-0 and 5-0.

Aktobe have probably the best squad in Kazakhstan, they play Barcelona-like football, the problem is they have the worst professional keeper in the world, literally... They desperately need points if they wanna play in Europe next season, the double chance is "safer" as they draw often away from home.

Valletta have won all their games so far and have the best Maltese player ever, Mifsud, in their game, it should be an easy win for them.

Gomel haven't scored more than 3 goals in a game this season, most of their games go under 3.5 and head to head stats show that their games vs Naftan often go under 3.5
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/09/22/belarus/premier-league/fc-gomel/fc-naftan-novopolotsk/1255883/head2head/

I hope you don't :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Lass, is Wolf back for Monaco, they full strength ? thinking ill put something small on.

Trying to read the Monaco forum isn't easy ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Aktobe double chance
    Valletta
    @ 2.01

At what bookie you did this bet? Can't find game from Kazakhstan and Malta on bet365.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement