Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Headshot wrote: »
    I think you dont understand whats the difference between live betting chat and this thread

I already acknowledged this, can you not move on?

Seems to be a lot of hostility between Barcelona and Granada, and in the spirit of things I'm going to go with both teams to have a red card at 35/1, and a red card in the match at 9/5.

Think I'll go big on Messi Wincast @ 1/2 . He SHOULD score, They SHOULD win. If only betting was that simple ;)

Where is that wincast? It's 1/6 on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Ur surely aswell to just punt on 2+ for him instead it's rare he stays at the 1 goal often esp at home. 4/5 for 2 or more is better value than any gammy wincast at 1/6

seanhynes wrote: »
    Ur surely aswell to just punt on 2+ for him instead it's rare he stays at the 1 goal often esp at home. 4/5 for 2 or more is better value than any gammy wincast at 1/6

Not going to touch the wincast, was just wondering where the 1/2 price is. 1/6 is a horrendous price.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Barcelona without pique or Puyol seemingly.

A bet for interest:

Granada to score exactly 1 second half goal @ 3/1 with Paddy Power offers a bit of value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Why are you so sure about Wolfsburg? Greuther have only played 3 games and two were against Bayern and Shalke where they were not expected to win but the other game they won V Mainze and Wolfsburg's form is not great either - lost at home to Hannover 4-0 in their only home game this season, am I missing something?:confused:

For today I cant get away from Sheff Wensday v Bolton over 2.5 @ 5/6 :Dwith Ladbrokes, Bolton are last 5 overs and Sheff are 4/5 over - what i won on the Blackburn overs last night on this
    Interesting post regarding the Ipswich v Charlton game i found in "The Punters Lounge"
    An interesting fact in statistics is that when Ipswich are involved in a game most goals are scored in the second half.Probably fatigue in the back plays its role - they were still in the game at Blackpool during the first 45 minutes but conceded four more in the second half.Kept the 0:0 HT on Tuesday against Wolves and were beaten 0:2.But Ipswich tend to attack more aggressively as the end approaches.They still haven't scored a goal in the first half this season.
    Similar story with Charlton.Not so obvious while playing at home but they didn't find the net in the first half in their first three away games.So second half more goals is quite a good value at 2.00.I think there is much more than 50% chance for that bet.
    Evens with both PP and Boyles:D

Happy dance - i love the overs bet lately

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Radonman wrote: »
    Why are you so sure about Wolfsburg? Greuther have only played 3 games and two were against Bayern and Shalke where they were not expected to win but the other game they won V Mainze and Wolfsburg's form is not great either - lost at home to Hannover 4-0 in their only home game this season, am I missing something?:confused:

For today I cant get away from Sheff Wensday v Bolton over 2.5 @ 5/6 with Ladbrokes, Bolton are last 5 overs and Sheff are 4/5 over - what i won on the Blackburn overs last night on this
    Interesting post regarding the Ipswich v Charlton game i found in "The Punters Lounge"
    An interesting fact in statistics is that when Ipswich are involved in a game most goals are scored in the second half.Probably fatigue in the back plays its role - they were still in the game at Blackpool during the first 45 minutes but conceded four more in the second half.Kept the 0:0 HT on Tuesday against Wolves and were beaten 0:2.But Ipswich tend to attack more aggressively as the end approaches.They still haven't scored a goal in the first half this season.
    Similar story with Charlton.Not so obvious while playing at home but they didn't find the net in the first half in their first three away games.So second half more goals is quite a good value at 2.00.I think there is much more than 50% chance for that bet.
    Evens with both PP and Boyles

So true , no good anyways with Munich being 0-2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Dave147 wrote: »
    Where is that wincast? It's 1/6 on PP.

Bet Victor!

Got evens for Juventus to win and Messi Wincast which is decent imo. Barca being frustrated so far but if they score it is quite likely that messi will be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Both teams to score in the Lille v Lyon match @ 8/11 looks interesting

Looking at the H2H's they have a great history of both scoring against each other
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/09/23/france/ligue-1/lille-olympique-sporting-club-metropole/olympique-lyonnais/1286069/head2head/

Im surprised by the 1/1 on over 2.5 goals. Am I missing something there las?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Anyone got a preview for Santos - Portuguesa?
    Odds on Santos are quite nice but betting or not on them depends on a certain Neymar playing or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

inforfun wrote: »
    Odds on Santos are quite nice but betting or not on them depends on a certain Neymar playing or not.

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showpost.php?p=1932490&postcount=334

Saw he got a yellow card in his last match... Googled "Neymar suspended" and found the same link.

That is a no go then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

http://www.betrush.com/pick,Santos_v_Portuguesa,39430.html
    This guy has a good record

Thanks.
    But i dont do unders.
    The few times i did, my bets were gone after 12 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    São Paulo v Cruzeiro
    São Paulo: Toloi, Cañete, Fabrício
    Cruzeiro: Fabinho, Alex Silva, Magrão, Silva, Ceará, Mateus, Guerreiro, Everton
    pick 1

Manchester City v Arsenal FC
    Manchester City: Richards, Nasri
    Arsenal FC: Fabianski, Frimpong, Rosicky, Sagna, Szczesny, Wilshere
    pick 1

NAC Breda v AZ Alkmaar
    NAC Breda: Looms, Seuntjens, Zonneveld, Edwards, Gilissen
    AZ Alkmaar: Lewis
    pick 2

PSV Eindhoven v Feyenoord
    PSV Eindhoven: Pieters, van Bommel
    Feyenoord: Mulder, Singh, Goossens, Te Vrede, De Vrij
    pick 1

Slask Wroclaw v GKS Belchatow
    Slask Wroclaw: Omar Diaz (doubtful)
    GKS Belchatow: Nowak, Mi. Mak, Wilusz, Gonzalez, Ma. Mak, Buzała
    pick 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Headshot wrote: »
    Both teams to score in the Lille v Lyon match @ 8/11 looks interesting

Looking at the H2H's they have a great history of both scoring against each other
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/09/23/france/ligue-1/lille-olympique-sporting-club-metropole/olympique-lyonnais/1286069/head2head/

Im surprised by the 1/1 on over 2.5 goals. Am I missing something there las?

Not sure if Lille can score more than 1 goal, their morale is pretty low atm and tomorrow they'll be without Kalou and Martin, but still I think they'll be desperate not to lose this game. Lyon only had 2 days rest cuz of the EL, that might affect them. BTTS looks more likely to come in than overs, but I wouldn't be overly confident about it.

Small bet on BATE @ 2.10, they're in great form at the moment and they'll prolly want to take their revenge after losing the corresponding fixture 3-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Thanks.
    But i dont do unders.
    The few times i did, my bets were gone after 12 minutes :D
    That's probably because you bet on Eredivisie with unders, and it's suicide waiting to happen ;)

Well... so far this weekend it would have been profitable to do unders in the eredivisie. 4 out of 5.

Not a tip but i could see PSV - Feyenoord and ADO - Ajax also go unders.

PSV played 2 days ago far away from home, Feyenoord dont score since Guidetti left and Ajax usually have a hard time at ADO.

Maybe if you feel brave, take under 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭gary nevillevil

Long time out betting, Here go's - LA galaxy to win & over 3.5 goals vs Toronto in this match. Galaxy have won 5 of the 6 matches and are on fire while toronto are the bottom team and are dreadfull altogether. here's hoping E50 on it 8/5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

seanhynes wrote: »
    MikeyGorse wrote: »
    What odds was that?

5/1 if I remember during the summer.. Would be odds on now

Printing money

another small bet:
    Aktobe
    BATE double chance
    @ 2.02

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Man City v Arsenal
    Javi Garcia to be shown a card 2/1
    Javi Garcia booked 13 times last season for Benfica. Played twice for Man City so far booked twice. If he doesnt get booked today one to watch out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

The overs on cards in the Liverpool/United game should be a cert I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Are we on the Falcao train today nice wee break during the week to recharge the batteries :cool:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If you have a problem with a poster, take it to PM with that person, myself if you must or simply report x post.

This thread runs itself for the most part, keep it that way by keeping it on topic!

Ta.

Headshot is a hacker though, conte. He's also 4"11. Like that guy from Celebrity Bainisteoir. Maybe it is him?? Hmm.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

magherakid wrote: »
    Man City v Arsenal
    Javi Garcia to be shown a card 2/1
    Javi Garcia booked 13 times last season for Benfica. Played twice for Man City so far booked twice. If he doesnt get booked today one to watch out for.

Good pick. On this myself.

edit - Added Twente and Bordeaux @ evens as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Following Nuri on FC Twenty and Bordeaux and added Manutd, Man City, Newcaslte and Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lasagna, Why are Lyon 5/2 against Lille???

Lille were piss poor against BATE durin the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Hopefully with Hillsborough and Evra/Suarez there will be a firery start to the game.Over 1 first have yellow card is evs.

Also on both teams to score.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement