Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Blackpool have won the last 4 meetings plus 100% record at home so far. On HT/FT myself

Single
    Blackpool HT/FT 6/4

Single
    Thomas Ince anytime 6/4
    Scored 6 goals in 6 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Dave147 wrote: »
    IFK Goteborg -1 vs GAIS, bottom of table, IFK at home, 6/4.
    Valerenga -1 9/5, taking advice from previous poster.
    Anzhi -1 12/5 vs Alania Vladikavkaz, just have a feeling about this one, but will wait to see team news before placing the bets, unlucky away to Udinese Thursday, could do damage here.

This has come in in most of GAIS games this season they just seem to be god awful. and apparently GAIS are missing some of their better players Celick from the midfield & De Carmo up front.

On it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Jesus, so much for Valarenga/IFK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Gothenburg mugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

babymanval wrote: »
    Jesus, so much for Valarenga/IFK.

Gash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tempted to go for Negredo anytime scorer. Seville must be on a high after that big win against Madrid. Plus Negrado has been very good to me this season so far

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

On Blackpool v Huddersfield and Depor v Sevilla BTS double @ 2.78. €15 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Bastia @ 1.70 (vs Metz)

Bastia are playing at home where they were very strong the past 2 seasons. They play well, their problem is that their defenders are just not good enough for the Ligue 1, but it shouldn't be a problem here cuz Metz are a 3rd division team. Last year Bastia beat them twice in Ligue 2 (3-0 at home). Bastia's coach said he's gonna select the best team possible for this cup game.

edit: Metz have 2 suspended players for this game, one of them being a defender.

Unmitigated disaster this eve...

Valarenga/IFK double
    Anji-1/Valarenga-1 double
    Blackpool/Real double,
    Valarenga/IFK/Anji treble
    Blackpool draw - only potential saving grace.

Do not know how any of that happened.

This should be a banker, in fact I've put my whole bankroll on it so I hope I regret it...lost a lot of money cuz of Bilbao yesterday (I put them in all my doubles & trebles :pac:) so I want some money back now!

over 2.5 in Tallinna Kalev vs Nomme Kalju
    Aktobe double chance
    Valletta
    Under 3.5 in Gomel vs Naftan
    @ 2.01

Nomme Kalju are in great form, scoring goals for fun and the last 3 games between these 2 teams finished 7-0, 4-0 and 5-0.

Aktobe have probably the best squad in Kazakhstan, they play Barcelona-like football, the problem is they have the worst professional keeper in the world, literally... They desperately need points if they wanna play in Europe next season, the double chance is "safer" as they draw often away from home.

Valletta have won all their games so far and have the best Maltese player ever, Mifsud, in their game, it should be an easy win for them.

Gomel haven't scored more than 3 goals in a game this season, most of their games go under 3.5 and head to head stats show that their games vs Naftan often go under 3.5
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/09/22/belarus/premier-league/fc-gomel/fc-naftan-novopolotsk/1255883/head2head/

Get in!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Get in!! :D
    Great job, even if it took a moment to finish it. And to think I was slightly worried about today's match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Why is it a great price? Are Blackpool playing well? Is the other team bad? Has the bet come in on previous games recently?

I wish if people were going to post in the tips thread, they'd explain why they think something is a great price. It's why I love Headshot, Diarra and co; they explain why it's a great price so I can decide if I want to follow without blind hope :pac:

was hard for me to give reason with a crappy mobile fone in a betting shop
    but thankfully the next poster did
    was just trying to pass on a bit of value nothing else as the next best price
    was around 6/4
    would only take a minute to check this out
    ill give reasoning next time if i can

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fair enough. Its just a lot of people aren't giving reasons for their "tips" and are just posting what they are taking rather than "tipping" :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Headshot wrote: »
    tempted to go for Negredo anytime scorer. Seville must be on a high after that big win against Madrid. Plus Negrado has been very good to me this season so far

YESSSSSSSS. Followed:D Your some boy for the anytimers!

YESSSSSSSS. Followed:D Your some boy for the anytimers!

Happy someone went for it

I didnt. I got so pissed of by Madrid and that Ronaldo useless prick that I didnt place the bet

Bayern v Wolfsburg

How many times do we see ex players going up against their old team and scoring?
    Mandzukic to score and win for Bayern is 10/11. Scoring for fun for Bayern at the moment

Make sure Bayern have a strong team before placing because they are bound to rest players because of only playing on Saturday

edit

make sure he even starts...

Headshot wrote: »
    Bayern v Wolfsburg

How many times do we see ex players going up against their old team and scoring?
    Mandzukic to score and win for Bayern is 10/11. Scoring for fun for Bayern at the moment

Make sure Bayern have a strong team before placing because they are bound to rest players because of only playing on Saturday

edit

make sure he even starts...

Where's the best place to check lineups/matchday news?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

babymanval wrote: »
    Where's the best place to check lineups/matchday news?

Soccerway. Although i have fallen victim once or twice that they got it wrong.
    Club's official twitter accounts can be useful too.

Well, that is where i get them most of the time.

Under 2.5 in Liepajas Metalurgs vs Ventspils @ 1.67

Games between the top teams in Latvia very often go under 2.5, this game is very important for both teams, if Ventspils win they'd be 2 pts below the leaders and if Metalurgs lose they'd be 6 pts below Ventspils and the last EL spot. Ventspils' last 4 games vs teams from the top 4 have gone under 1.5, and the last 2 games between these two teams finished 1-0 and 0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Tough to know how serious teams will take the competition but a few im looking at for now works out at 18/1.

sunderland 6/5
    Bradford 19/20
    BTTS Crawley/Swansea 8/13
    Over 2.5 goals Leeds/Everton 8/13
    Over 2.5 goals Preston/Mboro 7/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Always goals in the League Cup. Looking at an over 2.5 accie but haven't done too much research yet

West Ham v Wigan

Hammers have won 11 of last 13 at home in league cup, Wigan won only 3 of last 10 away in league cup, 6 of previous 7 meetings won by home side.

West Ham @ 5/6 for me, probably combined with some BTTS's based on goals-likelihood mentioned by voltwad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Was going for a double of Juventus dnb and Sunderland dnb but I'll throw in West Ham dnb based on the info above.

Juve are undefeated in the league since the last game of the 2010/2011 season and I don't see that coming to a halt tonight, even though fiorentina have been solid at home this season winning their first 2 home games. I would expect a Juve win but will cover in case of a draw.

Sunderland should have too much for their lower league opponents and MON will want the win regardless of the competition. I'll wait for team news to make a final decision but with a strong team I can see them winning by 2 and I think they're great value @ 23/20.

West Ham game was covered above.

The Draw no bet treble comes to 2.97/1 on Betvictor. Happy betting!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sunzzz

Was going for a double of Juventus dnb and Sunderland dnb but I'll throw in West Ham dnb based on the info above.

Juve are undefeated in the league since the last game of the 2010/2011 season and I don't see that coming to a halt tonight, even though fiorentina have been solid at home this season winning their first 2 home games. I would expect a Juve win but will cover in case of a draw.

Sunderland should have too much for their lower league opponents and MON will want the win regardless of the competition. I'll wait for team news to make a final decision but with a strong team I can see them winning by 2 and I think they're great value @ 23/20.

West Ham game was covered above.

The Draw no bet treble comes to 2.97/1 on Betvictor. Happy betting!

Seems like an odd bet.

Why not put your money on a 6.5/1 shot
    Sunderland everton and swansea all playing lower league opposition in the form of
    MK Dons - Leeds - Crawley.

10 nets you 65

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

sunzzz wrote: »
    Seems like an odd bet.

Why not put your money on a 6.5/1 shot
    Sunderland everton and swansea all playing lower league opposition in the form of
    MK Dons - Leeds - Crawley.

10 nets you 65

Is that for all of them to win outright? Can't see them all winning straight out as 1 usually lets the bet down!

Juve are so solid it's not right. I'd be shocked if they lost. As for the other two I'd expect a win as well (depending on line up) but wouldn't be surprised by a draw.

Best of luck though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

This bastard better be safe after them gob****es Blackpool last night ****ed me over for a lot of money... West Ham Dnb 3/10,Munich win 1/5,st pats Dnb 1/2, Chelsea win 1/4, juventus Dnb.. 40 returns 170.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Anyone have any input on Swindon tonight vs Burnley, I like backing them and they had a good 4-0 win against Bournemouth on Sat but I just have a bad feeling.

All over West Ham, just a win at 5/6, still fancy Sunderland, think they will win well but avoiding handicaps tonight.

Gone with PP enhanced treble of Chelsea Everton and Swansea at 9/2. Think on form that is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

Dave147 wrote: »
    Gone with PP enhanced treble of Chelsea Everton and Swansea at 9/2. Think on form that is great value.

Is this gone now? Cant see it in the powerplay section.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

€5 pays €47.

Chelsea, City, Bayern, Sunderland and Juve.

• Advertisement

Sunderland: Westwood, Gardner, Rose, Kilgallon, Meyler, Cattermole, Vaughan, Colback, McClean, Sessegnon, Saha.

Going big on this double:
    Sunderland double chance
    Under 3.5 in Liepajas Metalurgs vs Ventspils
    @ 1.60

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement