Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Catalonia xi to beat Irish amateurs and psv v Achilles over 2.0 1st half line 2.45 double.. Like the look of that.. Any Catalan side should be good enough for Irish amateurs.. Psv 2nd string should also have too much quality for an amateur Side..expect them to t least be 2 up at ht so the bets voided halfway then if it's just the 2 by ht

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Careful with Achilles '29
    They are the current amateur champs of Holland and made it to the 1/16 finals last year where they were eliminated by NEC 3-0 (3rd only in the 85th minute)

In the last 2 cup runs they have eliminated Heracles, Telstar and MVV and lost to RKC but only after penalties.
    They could easily play in the 1st division and beat a lot of teams there.

Yesterday i expected Twente to hit a team playing 2nd tier amateur ranks for a few but they only went through because of an injury time goal, 1-0.

PSV will probably rest a few players as well, van Bommel isnt playing in any case. Advocaat probably scared he will pick up another yellow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Will take heed of that so and leave it. Bit risky in that case.. When there's a live market for ireland amateurs v Catalonia xi id be interested in -1 Catalunya,none up yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

inforfun wrote: »
    Careful with Achilles '29
    They are the current amateur champs of Holland and made it to the 1/16 finals last year where they were eliminated by NEC 3-0 (3rd only in the 85th minute)

In the last 2 cup runs they have eliminated Heracles, Telstar and MVV and lost to RKC but only after penalties.
    They could easily play in the 1st division and beat a lot of teams there.

Yesterday i expected Twente to hit a team playing 2nd tier amateur ranks for a few but they only went through because of an injury time goal, 1-0.

PSV will probably rest a few players as well, van Bommel isnt playing in any case. Advocaat probably scared he will pick up another yellow :D

so you seem to know about this, u think PSV win or even a draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double for the weekend (early I know, but the odds will surely drop):
    PSG to score over 1.5
    Monaco
    @ 1.79

Ancelotti's PSG beat Hely's Sochaux 6-1 last season and I'm expecting a similar scoreline, but still I'm only taking PSG over 1.5 cuz Sochaux have won their last 3 games so their morale might be high and they only lost 2-0 vs Marseille.

Bwin still have the Monaco game listed on Saturday, but the game will be played on Sunday, which is a good thing cuz Monaco played a cup game (+ extra time) yesterday so they'll have one more day's rest. Monaco have been very strong at home so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Double for the weekend (early I know, but the odds will surely drop):
    PSG to score over 1.5
    Monaco
    @ 1.79

Ancelotti's PSG beat Hely's Sochaux 6-1 last season and I'm expecting a similar scoreline, but still I'm only taking PSG over 1.5 cuz Sochaux have won their last 3 games so their morale might be high and they only lost 2-0 vs Marseille.

Bwin still have the Monaco game listed on Saturday, but the game will be played on Sunday, which is a good thing cuz Monaco played a cup game (+ extra time) yesterday so they'll have one more day's rest. Monaco have been very strong at home so far.
    You can get 1.90 at bwin.com.As always thanks for pick.

deadeye187 wrote: »
    so you seem to know about this, u think PSV win or even a draw?
    Cant imagine PSV not winning to be honest.
    I was just not sure about Seans bet having a decent chance to come in.

But it has to be said, a 2nd string PSV beat some team from eastern europe 9-0 in the EL 2 weeks ago. Just think these amateurs are more motivated than those EL opponents were.

I will be going for Hacken - Helsingborg >> Hacken win & over 2,5 @2.25

Hacken last 3 at home: 3 wins, all 3 going over 2,5
    Helsingborg last 3 away: 3 losses, all 3 over 2,5

ok went for

Siena v Bologna U/2.5 goals
    Catalunya

double @ 2.8(i think)

seanhynes wrote: »
    Catalonia xi to beat Irish amateurs and psv v Achilles over 2.0 1st half line 2.45 double.. Like the look of that.. Any Catalan side should be good enough for Irish amateurs.. Psv 2nd string should also have too much quality for an amateur Side..expect them to t least be 2 up at ht so the bets voided halfway then if it's just the 2 by ht

****... sorry about that.
    Didnt exactly expect Achilles to score in the 2nd minute. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

****... sorry about that.
    Didnt exactly expect Achilles to score in the 2nd minute. :(

Went for psv ht / ft and over 2.5 first half goals as soon as they conceeded, psv 3-1 up after 30mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

There is the potential for a ridiculous amount of goals in the Bristol v Leeds match.

I will have to look into it in more detail but would appreciate some opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

One for the weekend

Norwich v liverpool

9/4 liverpool to win and suarez to score

He scored a hatrick in this same fixture last year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

3 from 5 system

Siena -0.5,-1 Asian @ 2.350
    Malmo FF win & over 2.5 goals @ 2.30
    Grasshoppers over 1.5 goals @ 2.20
    Young Boys win and over 2.5 goals @ 2.75
    Bochum win & under 2.5 @ 6.00

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

good luck with that one smithwicks

that prompted me to do a little antepost one which i rarely do

reading i see as bankers to go down (3s to finish bottom not bad either)

regret to say i see united winning the league also from what ive seen
    from city, chelsea arse etc

betvictor again

Multiple Selections
    Edison Cavani @ 4/1
    (Outright)
    Man Utd @ 13/8
    (Outright)
    Reading @ 4/6
    (To Finish In Bottom Three )
    Multiple Type: Treble
    Stake: 10.00
    Possible Return: 218.79

Malmo FF ? - ? IFK Gothenburg

Anyone have any insight into this fixture?

Malmo going really well at home, scored 19 conceded 2........in 11 home games

@ 4/6 for Malmo its tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 54,308 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads just to say im leaving soccer betting and going into Sarcastaball betting

cya

Oh my God, they killed Headshot?
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Lass, any opinions on France League 2 tomorrow ?

2 I see

- Dijon away to Niort, Dijon win 17/10

- Istres away to Sedan, Istres win 21/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Cheltenham v Morecambe - on Friday
    Morecambe are 3/4 over 2.5 away from home
    Cheltenham are 3/4 home games over 2.5 goals

Over 2.5 @ 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 54,308 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Oh my God, they killed Headshot?
    ;)

it was some episode. Best laugh I had in ages

the compass at the end was just desert on the main course of lol

• Advertisement

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Lass, any opinions on France League 2 tomorrow ?

2 I see

- Dijon away to Niort, Dijon win 17/10

- Istres away to Sedan, Istres win 21/10

No idea tbh, I would only trust Monaco in that league cuz all the other teams are more or less at the same level imo. Istres have a good coach though, he did great with Ajaccio the past 2 season, you could try Istres but I'm not overly confident about that :o

Treble for tomorrow/Saturday:
    Under 3.5 in BATE vs Neman
    Under 3.5 in Minsk vs Gomel
    PSG
    @ 1.79

The BATE players might have their minds on the game vs Bayern and they rarely thrash teams anyway. Dinamo Minsk and Gomel only managed to score 1 goal vs Neman so everything points to an underish game imo.

Gomel are the kings of under 3.5, they only had one game that went over 3.5 this season...vs Minsk but they were without their 1st choice keeper.

No idea tbh, I would only trust Monaco in that league cuz all the other teams are more or less at the same level imo. Istres have a good coach though, he did great with Ajaccio the past 2 season, you could try Istres but I'm not overly confident about that :o

Treble for tomorrow/Saturday:
    Under 3.5 in Minsk vs Gomel
    PSG
    @ 1.79

The BATE players might have their minds on the game vs Bayern and they rarely thrash teams anyway. Dinamo Minsk and Gomel only managed to score 1 goal vs Neman so everything points to an underish game imo.

Gomel are the kings of under 3.5, they only had one game that went over 3.5 this season...vs Minsk but they were without their 1st choice keeper.
    Again - not sure what bookie do you use, but same bet can be done at bwin with odds 1.99. Treble looks very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    Shelbourne FC v Bray Wanderers
    Shelbourne FC: Hughes (26/9 f), Gorman (20/6 f) (both doubtful), Paisley (15/0 d), Murphy (18/0 m)
    Bray Wanderers: -
    pick x2

Paços de Ferreira v SL Benfica
    Paços de Ferreira: Antunes (4/1 d), Nuno Santos (1/0 d), Hurtado (4/1 m) (doubtful)
    SL Benfica: Luisão (3/0 d)
    pick 2

Nîmes Olympique v Guingamp
    Nîmes Olympique: Stošić (5/0 d), Bouby (8/0 m), Ogunbiyi (8/0 m), Hsissane (5/0 m)
    Guingamp: -
    pick 2

Blau Weiss Linz v First Vienna
    Blau Weiss Linz: Arapovic (3/0 d), Koll (8/0 d)
    First Vienna: Speiser (9/0 d), Dospel (7/0 d), Kropfhofer (0/0 g), Perktold (3/0 m), Pink (8/1 m)
    pick 1

From Twitter
    had some exciting news that Liverpool will be 2/1 to beat Norwich with a certain bookmaker this weekend, massive odds
    Still won't be good enough to persuade me to back them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

2/1 makes no sense. Why would a bookmaker go so far beyond competition? Liverpool are odds on to win everywhere

stingerro wrote: »
    Again - not sure what bookie do you use, but same bet can be done at bwin with odds 1.99. Treble looks very nice.

I'm actually using Bwin :p Looks like the odds drop faster on the French version of the website :/

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

I like longshot bets

Sevilla 5/1 at home to barcelona
    depsite being a big barce fan , they have not impressed this season away ,
    so 5/1 is tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Double:
    Under 2.5 in Dacia vs Sheriff
    @ 2.03

Dacia vs Sheriff head to head stats: http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/09/29/moldova/divizia-naional/fc-dacia-chisinau/fc-sheriff-tiraspol/1314597/head2head/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Did Falcao get injured midweek? He went off very early when he was on a hat-trick. Seems like an odd time to take him off.

Odds on Atletico look healthy this weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement