Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Think they take him off once they have "won" the match to save him a little.
    During the weekend he was taken off at HT also.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Boyaco Chico To beat Millonarios at 02:00 @ 6/5

Millonarios playing a mixed reserve and youth squad due to playing Real Madrid earlier today in an anniversary match, got thrashed 8-0 too.

Its been pulled from 365 and odds falling quickly
    Winner winner

Just read something about this match.
    Chico took a Dutch GK under contract for 6 months and made his debut in that match.
    The same guyplayed the CL qualifiers for Valetta in july/august.
    Might not be the best GK Holland has but for sure he gets his adventures. Beats any office job while playing for a amateur team in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

baddebt wrote: »
    I like longshot bets

Sevilla 5/1 at home to barcelona
    depsite being a big barce fan , they have not impressed this season away ,
    so 5/1 is tempting

please, hold your horses. If Sevilla try to attack Barcelona you know what will happen.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Sevilla somehow managed a 0-0 at camp nou last season. Could be worth a double chance for any1 wanting to play it safer.. Looking solid so far this year too and negredo in form

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

4-fold for this weekend. Liverpool, Villa, Sunderland, QPR. Works out a shade under **edit** 19/1 (Ppower)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Ballinamallard v Glenavon
    Ballinamallard 6/4
    Tricky league to be betting on i'll take a chance with Ballinamallard winning their last 3 matches against Donegal Celtic, Portadown and Cliftonville inform team with home advantage 6/4 looks to good to turn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Lads lump on bray tonight v shels. I got them at 3/1 yesterday. Their into 2/1 now. Shels resting loads for next weeks big cup game. Bray at full strenght

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tony Clarke

Aalen v FSV Frankfurt Exactly 2or3 goals
    Angers v Le mans Angers win
    F.Dusseldorf v Schalke 04 Schalke win

torres9kop wrote: »
    Lads lump on bray tonight v shels. I got them at 3/1 yesterday. Their into 2/1 now. Shels resting loads for next weeks big cup game. Bray at full strenght

you use the words lump on a lot. Anyone been in touch with Gavin he would have news on Shels

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

magherakid wrote: »
    you use the words lump on a lot. Anyone been in touch with Gavin he would have news on Shels

I have, Drogs game on Monday players will be rested, not so certain about tonight

edit, to add, they don't have a big enough squad to rest many player - Gav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

I like to lump!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Are you going on the fact of our home record? And just bulling the resting players thing?
    I have, Drogs game on Monday players will be rested, not so certain about tonight

edit, to add, they don't have a big enough squad to rest many player - Gav

Gorman, Hughes, Paiso and Anto Murphy are all out tonight due to injury/suspension! Aside from these I'd be guessing a full team will be played. We play Drogheda on Monday in the League too, players WILL be rested then, not tonight!

Gorman and Hughes are big loses obviously (although they were out last Friday too and we won in Dundalk), but we have midfielders who aren't afraid of the goal, Casso, Dawson and Kavanagh! Paiso is easily replaced in defence, Boyle and Shortall will play CB and Anto Murphy is no lose, great throw but he turns like a 77a bus.

We have a small squad, 21 players iirc, 4 are out, and one U19 has been drafted in. So 18 players, how are we meant to rest out whole first team for two League matches in the space of 3 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    Under 3.5 in BATE vs Neman
    Under 2.5 in Dacia vs Sheriff
    @ 2.03

Dacia vs Sheriff head to head stats: http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/09/29/moldova/divizia-naional/fc-dacia-chisinau/fc-sheriff-tiraspol/1314597/head2head/

**** off BATE :mad::mad:

I'm going pretty big on this then:
    Under 2.5 in Dacia vs Sheriff
    PSG
    @ 1.74

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

I don't know if "lumping" on a team that has won just 19% of their games and sit second bottom in a crap league and who are also playing away is the best "lump" of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tony Clarke

Aalen v FSV Frankfurt Exactly 2or3 goals
    Angers v Le mans Angers win
    F.Dusseldorf v Schalke 04 Schalke win

Looking like 3 outa 3 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Going for a big bet on

Man Utd
    Liverpool

Double @ 2.9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Cheltenham v Morecambe - on Friday
    Morecambe are 3/4 over 2.5 away from home
    Cheltenham are 3/4 home games over 2.5 goals

Over 2.5 @ 11/10

2-0, first goal after 2 mins then Morecambe get a man sent off on 57 and 91mins make it 2-0. not even a glimer of hope :(

Ballinamallard v Glenavon
    Ballinamallard 6/4
    Tricky league to be betting on i'll take a chance with Ballinamallard winning their last 3 matches against Donegal Celtic, Portadown and Cliftonville inform team with home advantage 6/4 looks to good to turn down.

boom 2-1 great end to the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Going for a big bet on

Man Utd
    Liverpool

Double @ 2.9

A United fan but really think their is better 8/15 shots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Nuts102 wrote: »
    A United fan but really think their is better 8/15 shots.

spurs have it really tough at old trafford so lets hope it stays that way..........btw i`m a LFC fan...:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

think under 2.5 in the arse chels game is a good price at evens (365)

both arse and chelsea have covered this on 4 of 5 of their games
    the exceptions being when arse thumped soton 6/1 and chelsea
    beat reading 4-2 but to be fair i'd consider reading to be the worst
    team in the division and soton have conceded more goals than anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Huddersfield look a great bet tomorrow. Coming off the back of a great win away too Blackpool.

And Wolves win or Ebanks-Blake AT 3/7 started 6 of those. Last time they were in championship he bagged 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

I'm putting Tranmere in my accum @ 5/4

They're top of the league and have 100% home record 4/4.. they're playing Brentford who's away form reads P4 W0 D3 L1

Superior goal difference (+17 to +3) and they beat Crawley last time out 5 - 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Atletico Madrid 11/10.

Espanyol have started poorly picking up just 1 point from their first 5. In fact they have lost 9 of their last 12 league games.

Atletico have won their last 6 in all competitions, scoring 21 goals in the process, and haven't lost in their last 16 competitive games.

Only real caveat is that Atletico played midweek, while Espanyol didn't and Espanyol are usually decent at home, but Madrid should have too much for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Hudderfield 11/10
    over 2.5 goals bristol leeds 8/11(stats show this should be more like 8/15)
    Barsnley won 5-1 last week taking them DNB at home to Birmingham 4/6.
    Liverpool 8/11 good odds they havent been playing that badly and Norwich are awful.
    Man City 4/5
    Gillingham 4/5
    Arsenal 23/20
    Tranmere 5/4 home v Brentford

All singles.
    Hope to be in decent profit come tommorow 5 o clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Loads rested tonight... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Dartford 8/11 looks generous.

Won last 4 at home including beating the league leaders. Hyde lost last 4 away and are bottom of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Hudderfield 11/10
    over 2.5 goals bristol leeds 8/11(stats show this should be more like 8/15)
    Barsnley won 5-1 last week taking them DNB at home to Birmingham 4/6.
    Liverpool 8/11 good odds they havent been playing that badly and Norwich are awful.
    Man City 4/5
    Gillingham 4/5
    Arsenal 23/20
    Tranmere 5/4 home v Brentford

All singles.
    Hope to be in decent profit come tommorow 5 o clock.
    I like most of your picks but why oh why add Liverpool? I fully understand that they have to win sometime but they are missing a number of defenders incl Agger and Kelly but Suarez did score a hatrick last year there - Brighton @ 4/5 could be a better option as Birminghan are missing 4 first choice defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

right guys had a little break going to look at what to back this weekend as a villa fan after our great win at city i cant wait to play west brom tommorow and of course u will see me as biased towards my team but i will give u my input

confidence will be high after beating manchester city west brom lost to a liverpool reserve side midweek and have odemwingie banned for this game the atmosphere against swansea in our last home game was eletric and the fans and players will be well up for this villa have a good record in midlands derbys and so does one man in paticular after hes sensational performance midweek gabby agbonlahor as a local boy will be right up for this and hes record in derby games speaks for itself against birmingham city he has 5 in 7 and 4 in 6 against west brom for this reason im going to do the unthinkable and bet on my own team this is what i am going for

aston villa to win 6/4 £40
    aston villa to win and gabriel agbonlahor to score anytime 4/1 £20
    agbonlahor anytime 23/10 £10
    agbonlahor 2 or more 17/1 £5
    agbonlahor hat trick 80/1 £5
    over 2.5 goals 10/11 £20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've gone big on Under 2.5 in Skonto vs Daugava @ 1.70

As I said last week, games between Skonto and Ventspils/Liepajas/Daugava almost always go under 2.5 and even under 1.5.
    The current league table looks like this:
    # Team MP D P 1 Daugava Daugavpils 30 +33 66 2 Skonto 30 +25 60 3 Ventspils 29 +30 58 4 Liepājas Metalurgs 29 +20 58
    Skonto can't afford to lose or they might be out of the top 3, and surely Daugava will be happy to stay 6 pts above Skonto, so like last week, everything points to an underish game again.

head to head stats: http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/09/30/latvia/virsliga/skonto-fc/fc-daugava-daugavpils/1260791/head2head/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement