Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

manual_man wrote: »
    What on earth are you talking about? If you're talking about me, i've just been outling why i think VG is a good bet. Yes you read that correct, a good bet. I suppose you think that's going against the thread rules or something??? Please do explain

STFU

I wasnt talking to you infact, im poor fed up of ****e this thread has turned into, from live betting to the retarded other posts

Infact go and make a dedicated thread about the liverpool manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I'll be having a bit of Helsingborg 0 Asian Handicap later (DNB really) at 15/14 on 188 bet.

Helsingborg have won 2 of their 5 opening away matches, drew one lost two. The two matches they lost were agaunst teams higher than them in the league.

Kalmar have lost 3 of their opening 5 home games, drew one, lost the other.

Can't see Helsingborg losing this, hence the dnb, just hoping they can get the win.

Full Time 1 - 1, had covered myself with 5er on Kalmar dnb at 0 - 1, Helsingborg got lucky to even get a draw in the end. Kalmar scored in the 80th min.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Atletico Paranaense v Palmeiras - BTTS @ 4/6
    Libertad Asuncion v Universidad de Chile - Under 2.5 @ 5/6

£10 double

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

£10 double

Gone with that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Have been reading the thread lately and now that the premier league crowd have gone the average standard of the tips is quite good. Keep her lit lads.

• Advertisement

I think we can make some money during the main European offseason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

anyone bet on the Slovenian league ?
    Looking at Maribor tommorow. they seem to be the outstanding team there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

shangri la wrote: »
    Have been reading the thread lately and now that the premier league crowd have gone the average standard of the tips is quite good. Keep her lit lads.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

De Dannan wrote: »
    anyone bet on the Slovenian league ?
    Looking at Maribor tommorow. they seem to be the outstanding team there

Had a look there since you've mentioned it and theres 2 bets I might lump together tomorrow:

Nafta vs Domzale over 2.5 - The home side must win to have any chance of avoiding automatic relegation.Domzale have very little to play for.8 of Nafta's last 10 home games have gone over,6 of Domzale's last 10.These two played here in November and the score was 2-1 to Nafta.

Olimpija vs Mura 05 over 2.5 - This is 2nd vs 4th.2nd and 3rd get Europa league places.If 2nd win their fine.If 4th win they'll need either the 3rd placed side to not win their home game vs 2nd from bottom(Who aren't safe yet)or a massive goal swing to take Olimpija off of 2nd spot.4 of Olimpijas last 10 have went over,10 of Mura 50's last 10 have gone over.This match ended 3-1 to Olimpija in November.

My only worry regarding the stats I have up are that 3 of the 10 of each sides last 10 were before the Winter break,So its not the best assessment of form.In fact Olimpija's last 4 at home have gone under.

I like this double though and at 8/5 its a fairly reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Vasco Da Gama v Corinthians (Copa Libertadores) is coming up soon:

In the last 4 matches against each other, there have been 9 goals in the first half and 3 in the second. In those matches Vasco Da Gama have score 5 first half goals. Corinthians have done 4.

In there last 5 matches (against all teams), Vasco Da Gama have scored in the first half in 4 of them. Corinthians have scored in the first half in 3 out of 5

For Vasco Da Gama, out of 9 goals scored in those five matches, 6 of them have been first-half goals. However, for Corinthians, out of 13 goals scored in the last 5 matches, only 3 have been in the first half goals.

Based on this, I will lump €10 on Vasco Da Gama to score in first-half @ 2.00

There are two other decent bets though, with good odds that might be worth it, based on the stat that the reams like to score early when playing each other:

1st Half Over 1.5 Goals @ 3.20
    Both Teams to Score in the First Half (YES) @ 5.00

They are riskier though - although the odds for the later are tempting. Personally still undecided on those.

edit - noticed 2 of the last 4 H2H matches ended with a clean sheet, which would rule out the 5.00 bet IMO.

• Advertisement

£10 double

And it wins! Nothing major but profit is profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

And it wins! Nothing major but profit is profit!

Fair play on that. Was a second away from following your bet but match kicked off right as i selected it :mad:

Couldn't find those exact bets, but gone with

over 1.5 first half goals at 11/5
    First half as highest scoring half 21/10

Sticking some of that profit on this

Sao Paulo HT @ 20/21
    Vasco/Corinthians Ov 2.5 @ 11/10
    Depor Pasto/Depor Cali Un 2.5 @ 7/10

£10 treble

After digging about a bit more, went with this for Vasco Da Gama v Corinthians

Time of 1st Team Goal (Vasco Da Gama 1st Half) @ 2.00
    1st Half Over 1.5 Goals @ 3.20
    Half with Most Goals (1st Half) @ 3.10

Stuck €10 on each

Total stake: € 30.00
    Potential returns: €83.00

Will be be pretty pissed if it is 0-0 at half time (although expected with my luck today). I feel the top two should come in, last one is the most iffy IMO.

What an horrendous **** up in the Vasco Da Gama v Corinthians match. Sorry to Pudsy33, and anyone followed me there.

Terrible day for me overall.

tinodz wrote: »
    What an horrendous **** up in the Vasco Da Gama v Corinthians match. Sorry to Pudsy33, and anyone followed me there.

Terrible day for me overall.

Dont worry about it :-) you researched it, just got unlucky

Can anyone tell me why Sturm Graz are such a big price to win @ home today?

They are 13/5 on bet365 while Austria Vienna are Even money on the road. Sturm Graz also happen to have one of the best home records in the league.

Could there be something fishy going on?

A few bets Im gonna have a look at today, gonna juggle a few in doubles/trebles etc

Rapid Vienna HT @ 20/21 - Champions already but last home game you would fancy them to put on a decent show for their fans, great home record as well.

Helmond Sport @ 15/8 - They are playing VVV from the top division in Holland but they have an atrocious away record while Helmond have a strong home record. Even with the gap in divisions I think this could be some value here.

Steaua/Dinamo Un 2.5 @ 4/5 - The Bucuresti derby and I find with a lot of these Eastern European derbies they become tight close nit affairs so I don't see many goals here. Might have a nibble at 0-0 as well which is 9/1.

Osters IF @ 11/10 - Swedish 2nd division leaders with a pretty strong home record playing a side that has lost it's last 2 road games 3-1. Both sides are strong at home but both seem dodgy on the road which is why Im siding with Osters here.

Halmstad/Ängelholm Ov 2.5 @ 4/5 - Both teams seem to find the net and concede at the same time, early days in the league so really just taking a punt in this one.

Hopefully it's a profitable day! GL!

37/1 Acc! Ha!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Can anyone tell me why Sturm Graz are such a big price to win @ home today?

They are 13/5 on bet365 while Austria Vienna are Even money on the road. Sturm Graz also happen to have one of the best home records in the league.

Could there be something fishy going on?

Austria could take over 3rd place and qualify for Europe if they win.
    Sturm is done. Last match of the season as far as i know.

Admira, currently in 3rd, play away to league leaders and champions Salzburg and need a win there to stay 3rd for sure.

Think that explains it a bit.
    Could see away wins for both Austria and Admira.

That said, i dont know how much "love" there is between those teams involved ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Gone for a double of

Torquay @ 21/20
    Rapid Vienna @ 1/2

20 gets back 61ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Treble for today & tomorrow:
    BTTS in Mjällby v Göteborg
    Under 2.5 in Ventspils v Skonto
    BATE to be winning at HT
    @ 3.87

Mjallby score and concede in almost every game : http://www.soccerway.com/teams/sweden/mjallby-aif/

Ventspils v Skonto: head to head stats > http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/05/17/latvia/virsliga/futbola-klubs-ventspils/skonto-fc/1260692/head2head/

There's some kind of scandal going on with BATE atm so I hope it won't affect this game cuz it looks like a sure bet.

Nicking that Latvia unders bet off Lasagna and putting Troyes with it tomorrow.

Gone for overs in malmo 4/5, vitesse 8/11 and the league 2 play off 1/1

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

2 things:

1. I created a thread here for the Next Liverpool Manager betting and discussion.

2. I really don't know what else I can say at this point towards people who keep regularly posting in the wrong thread. If you have over 20, heck even 10 posts in the football betting thread. There's only 2 main threads to post on :s There isn't much excuse for doing it. I get reported posts and PM's about this nearly everyday. So next step I guess is infractions which I really didn't want to go down this route, and really isn't something I want to do. Once it's a warning, twice it's an infraction (yellow card). Simples. I'll review the charter in full after my exams finish next week.

-Ade- wrote: »
    2 things:

1. I created a thread here for the Next Liverpool Manager betting and discussion.

2. I really don't know what else I can say at this point towards people who keep regularly posting in the wrong thread. If you have over 20, heck even 10 posts in the football betting thread. There's only 2 main threads to post on :s There isn't much excuse for doing it. I get reported posts and PM's about this nearly everyday. So next step I guess is infractions which I really didn't want to go down this route, and really isn't something I want to do. Once it's a warning, twice it's an infraction (yellow card). Simples. I'll review the charter in full after my exams finish next week.
    Fair enough ade. Very reasonable. I like to apologies for my heated post involving "STFU" to manual man
    sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'd like also to apologize if i upset anyone

no hard feelings headshot i generally think you're a great poster on here and i'd like to hope there's no beef between us

Headshot wrote: »
    Fair enough ade. Very reasonable. I like to apologies for my heated post involving "STFU" to manual man
    sorry

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DiarmuidBoy89

Leeg17 wrote: »
    You'll win the profits, but not the stake, so €125 return.

So if i win or not does the 50e that i added to my account come back in?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ried and Djurgardens double for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement