Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Bastia @ 1.70 next week vs Troyes has to be the bet of the month. I think I might put my biggest stake ever on this bet. Bastia are very strong at home and Troyes are 3rd division material. Bastia thrashed them 5-1 at home last season in the 2nd division.

Since Monaco have really screwed me over, I'm putting all my faith in Bastia... by far my biggest stake ever, next Saturday I'll be either very happy or very depressed :p don't think I'll be doing any more bets this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,318 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

las with his 1 million bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

gonna play it safe and take BTTS at 4/6 in the Atletico game..considering that they have conceaded some easy goals..

any thoughts on Lyon game......?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Velaz Sarsfield look good to beat an out of form Colon at 17/20
    Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Got to oppose Inter after their start to the season,cannot buy a win at home..11/5 for a Florentina win looks a nice bet.. 1-3 and -1 Florentina aswell for fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Will Falcao play?????.. Read 2 different sites 1 saying hes injured, other saying hes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

no he's 100% out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Taking Diego Costa anytime @ 7/4. Too good of a price leading the line with Falcao missing

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Looking ahead to the european matches I would appreciate some feedback on this accumulator

Lazio
    Atletico Madrid
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Juventus

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

I can't articulate my frustration at not being on Atletico HT/FT after my reasoning posted earlier. It was spoiled for me in two separate doubles by Forest and Monaco. Snapping here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

tip74 wrote: »
    Injuries & suspensions:
    VVV Venlo v PSV Eindhoven
    VVV Venlo: Maguire (0/0 m), Altheer (0/0 d), Reimerink (0/0 f), Meeuwis (5/0 m), Türk (6/0 m)
    PSV Eindhoven: Pieters (0/0 d), Jörgensen (1/0 d)
    pick 2

Stromsgodset IF v SK Brann
    Stromsgodset IF: Aas (12/3 d)
    SK Brann: Kalvenes (7/0 d), Sokolowski (9/2 m), Askar (22/8 f), Mjelde (20/2 m), El Fakiri (11/0 d)
    pick 1

Sampdoria v SSC Napoli
    Sampdoria: Pozzi, Juan Antonio, Tissone, Poli, Maxi Lopez, Maresca, Da Costa
    SSC Napoli: Britos
    pick 2
    3.93 treble ;)

3 from 3

Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

babymanval wrote: »

EDIT 3: Also, am I missing something with the 11/4 price on Levante away to bottom of the league/F3 A10 Osasuna??? Is the Estadio El Sadar an uber-fortress or somethin?
    Hoping that with my original reply to your post I stopped you from betting on Levante, as they got trashed by Osasuna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Atletico Madrid 11/10.

Espanyol have started poorly picking up just 1 point from their first 5. In fact they have lost 9 of their last 12 league games.

Atletico have won their last 6 in all competitions, scoring 21 goals in the process, and haven't lost in their last 16 competitive games.

Only real caveat is that Atletico played midweek, while Espanyol didn't and Espanyol are usually decent at home, but Madrid should have too much for them.

Lovely.

stingerro wrote: »
    Hoping that with my original reply to your post I stopped you from betting on Levante, as they got trashed by Osasuna.

You did, I didn't! Ah I had had a look at Osasuna's home/Levante's away form amd I was happy enough with what I had going into today:

- A 15/1 accum (free), waiting on Napoli and Monaco.
    - Monaco win/Atletico HT/FT Double
    - Atletico HT/FT and Forest HT/FT double (really disappointed with wasting money on Forest without researching, in a last minute panic trying to find a second leg for a double)

- Christ, today was such a farce that I even had an Everton win/Villa v West Brom (u2.5 goals)/USA Ryder cup treble to come in. I singlehandedly take responsibility for their singles collapse today.

Disastre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Looking ahead to the Champions League surely S. Moscow will have too much for Celtic in Russia. 4/7 seeems a good price

Some selections for today :

FC Haka v HJK Helsinki - HJK win & over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 8/10

HJK top of the league scoring plenty of goals, averaging over 3 goals a game, Haka complete opposite, bottom of the league conceding plenty averaging 3.1 goals a game.

MSV Duisburg v Hertha Berlin - Hertha Berlin win @ 2.00 6/10

Berlin on good form undefeated in there last 5 games picking up 13 points from 15, Duisburg sitting on the bottom of the league on an awful run scoring only 3 goals in 8 games, conceding 17.

Drogheda United v Shelbourne - Drogheda over 1.5 goals @ 1.90 5/10

Drogs score an average 2 goals per game this season and can go 2nd in the league with a win, gonna take the better option of the goals market thou as Shels are well capable of grabbing a point from this, that being said Shels should have weakened squad tonight.

St Patricks v UCD - St. Pats win & over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 7/10

UCD games have a habit of going over lately, St.Pats should win if they want to keep the pressure on up the top of the league. 2-1 or 3-1 probably, BTTS also good.

Hapoel Beer Sheva v Maccabi Tel Aviv - Maccabi asian (-1) handicap @ 2.10 5/10

Maccabi have cleared the handicap in there last few games, they're on a run of 4 straight wins and they should make number 5 against Beer Sheva, They scored 4 in both home and away legs last year against them.

Jonkopings Sodra v Halmstad - Halmstad over 1.5 goals 1.75 7/10

Both teams average well over 2 goals each per game but I cant see much value in the match goals market, gone for Halmstad over 1.5 here, they've scored an average of 2.8 goals in they're last 5 games and are the most in form club in the league. Halmstad win and over 3.5 could also be tried, odds are very big thou.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Looking ahead to the Champions League surely S. Moscow will have too much for Celtic in Russia. 4/7 seeems a good price

Very, Celtic rarely win away from home in European competition, I thinks its 3 wins in total in the last 10 years, against inferior opposition HJK and Helsingborg.
    Russia would be a whole new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Very, Celtic rarely win away from home in European competition, I thinks its 3 wins in total in the last 10 years, against inferior opposition HJK and Helsingborg.

Won in Moscow v Dynamo in the 2010 Europa qualifiers too

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

seanhynes wrote: »

Won in Moscow v Dynamo in the 2010 Europa qualifiers too
    Celtic Also drew against spartak in 2007.
    Although their away record points to a Moscow win Celtic have already played away on helsinki's plastic pitch so that wont be that much of a factor and Spartak are missing 5/6 key players according to most previews of the game I have read plus Samaras and Ledley will be back for Celtic as well as new signing Ambrose who has looked solid from what I have seen of him
    It might be a game best avoided the corner market could have some value

Nice odds on Barca -1 Ah @ 2.050. Before ill be jumping on that. Id like to know will they have the CB's back for that

I also like the Galatasaray HW @5/6. The Turkish nutter fans will be the place unbearable for Braga

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Celtic away in the CL stats

Looks horrible but the only times they get something, it is in Eastern Europe/Moscow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

FC Haka v HJK Helsinki - HJK win & over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 8/10

HJK top of the league scoring plenty of goals, averaging over 3 goals a game, Haka complete opposite, bottom of the league conceding plenty averaging 3.1 goals a game.

Berlin on good form undefeated in there last 5 games picking up 13 points from 15, Duisburg sitting on the bottom of the league on an awful run scoring only 3 goals in 8 games, conceding 17.

Drogheda United v Shelbourne - Drogheda over 1.5 goals @ 1.90 5/10

Drogs score an average 2 goals per game this season and can go 2nd in the league with a win, gonna take the better option of the goals market thou as Shels are well capable of grabbing a point from this, that being said Shels should have weakened squad tonight.

St Patricks v UCD - St. Pats win & over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 7/10

UCD games have a habit of going over lately, St.Pats should win if they want to keep the pressure on up the top of the league. 2-1 or 3-1 probably, BTTS also good.

Hapoel Beer Sheva v Maccabi Tel Aviv - Maccabi asian (-1) handicap @ 2.10 5/10

Maccabi have cleared the handicap in there last few games, they're on a run of 4 straight wins and they should make number 5 against Beer Sheva, They scored 4 in both home and away legs last year against them.

Jonkopings Sodra v Halmstad - Halmstad over 1.5 goals @1.75 7/10

Both teams average well over 2 goals each per game but I cant see much value in the match goals market, gone for Halmstad over 1.5 here, they've scored an average of 2.8 goals in they're last 5 games and are the most in form club in the league. Halmstad win and over 3.5 could also be tried, odds are very big thou.

Some great research there, brilliant post.

Just to add to Halmstad, coming off a great win, were 2 down to League leaders Osters last Thursday and came back to win 3-2. They have won their last 7 league games in a row, including an impreissive 3-0 win against second placed Brommopojkarna in their patch.

Straight win for Halmstad is 10/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

One for tomorrow night
    Port Vale v Dagenham & Redbridge
    Tom Pope anytime 11/10
    Top goalscorer in the league 2 with 9 goals

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Shane St. wrote: »

I think they will get well beaten out there.

Saw Celtics games in the qualifiers and up against poor opposition they still looked quite average at best.

They seemed very open and i think they will get beaten by at least 2 goals.

And Moscow did very well away to Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Helsinki 2-0 down unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Nuts102 wrote: »

Its not that surprising.

HJK have won less than half their away matches.

Haka have lost less than half their home matches.

It a good example of why I very rarely back the away team. Sh1t happens a lot more often and the odds don't increase enough to fully factor in the home/away advantage/form.

Nuts102 wrote: »

I lumped on them. Good stuff alright... The luck I've had on bets referenced on this page alone is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Jonkopings Sodra v Halmstad - Halmstad over 1.5 goals 1.75 7/10

Those two are the only ones I would consider but its great to see someone posting reasoning with their bets. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,158 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

United 1.77 on exchanges was too good to turn down to win in Romania.

• Advertisement

utd missing players, playing crap in the league and arent that good in europe of late

no bet for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement