Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

bolton v leeds

both teams to score

best priced 4/6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I dont know about any of ye but my main bet these days in both teams to score or over 2.5 goals. Leagues like the Championship are unpredictable but its usually consistent in terms of teams who score and concede. I think none of the leaders in the Championship won this week but the over 2.5 market came up in a good few games. I rarely see Championship games so i mainly use stats for looking at the matches. The likes of the Champions league i even find more trickier.

Looking at a few bets will see other peoples opinions.

Barca look shaky at the back and Benfica are quite attacking.
    Over 2.5 goals 4/7

Juventus are good at home but Shakhtar are a good team. They scored away to Barca and Milan last season.
    Both teams to score Evs.

Fergie will want to try get as many points on the board as quick as possible and theirs a huge difference in class.
    United 8/13.

Galatasary were unlucky against United. Braga lost at home to Cluj. Turkey always tough to go to.
    Galatasary 5/6.

Valencia should be too good for Lille who lost 3-1 to Bate at home cant see them getting anything at Valencia.
    Valencia 8/15.

Bayern are flying and should win 1/3 is short and i dont like handicaps betting in European games.
    Bayern 1/3.

Chelsea game is hard to know really. Chelsea are short but should win. might look at over 2.5 goals at 4/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

mrdmb wrote: »
    a bet for 2moro's afternoon in the AFC champions league

Guangzho Evergrande(china) vs Al ittihad (saudi)

i'll be taking 2 bets : the chinese team to win at 8/13 and the chinese team ht/ft at 6/4

simply they r one of the best teams in asia at the moment with Marcello lippi as the coach having loads of pressures at present ..and usually the Saudi teams dont do well for the last few years when they play away in the east part of Asia....though the chinese side might miss one of their Brazilian strikers..

Both bets win...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Bet365 doing specials on CL football.

Bet365 are betting on how many goals the partnership between Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie yields against Cluj in midweek. Total Rooney/RVP Goals

None 13/10
    One 7/4
    Two 7/2
    Three+ 9/1

(Both Rooney & RVP must start)

Lionel Messi is rated as a 9/4 shot to outscore Benfica on Matchday Two and Bayern Munich are 4/1 to be the top scorers on Tuesday.

Very much liking the Messi one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Main bet for me tonight is United to win and Juventus dnb @ 2.11

Juve tend to go defensive when things go against them but they should win this win. If they're struggling then they'll shut up shop at the back.

Reasoning for United was mentioned already.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Looking at a few bets will see other peoples opinions.

Barca look shaky at the back and Benfica are quite attacking.
    Over 2.5 goals 4/7

Juventus v Shakhtar are a good team.
    Both teams to score Evs.

Valencia should be too good for Lille who lost 3-1 to Bate at home cant see them getting anything at Valencia.
    Valencia 8/15.

I'd go with those three.

Since August 2011 Juve lost only once playing at home, Juve DNB should be safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,318 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A very interesting team by utd tonight. A team that somewhat makes sense for once (besides clever on the wing)
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/10/02/europe/uefa-champions-league/scs-cfr-1907-cluj-sa/manchester-united-fc/1388665/

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

3 bets for me tonight:

Barcelona and Chelsea win double.
    20 euro returns 46

Over 1.5 goals in the following games:
    Barnsley V Peterboro
    Yeovil V Portsmouth
    Crawley V Bournemouth
    Oxford V Wimbledon
    Morecambe V Chesterfield
    20 euro returns 61.34

Over 4.5 cards in Valencia match
    Over 3.5 cards in BATE match
    20 euro returns 68.67

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Over 2.5 in the Utd game @1.9 on betvictor

Cleverly Anderson centre mid pairing was involved in high scoring games at the start of last season, and in the league cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Bykobap

e20 man u -1

very potent line up

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

bolton v leeds

both teams to score

best priced 4/6
    Never in doubt.

This is one bet to watch out for in Leeds away matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Fonze07 wrote: »
    3 bets for me tonight:

Barcelona and Chelsea win double.
    20 euro returns 46

Over 1.5 goals in the following games:
    Barnsley V Peterboro
    Yeovil V Portsmouth
    Crawley V Bournemouth
    Oxford V Wimbledon
    Morecambe V Chesterfield
    20 euro returns 61.34

Over 4.5 cards in Valencia match
    Over 3.5 cards in BATE match
    20 euro returns 68.67

All 3 bets COME IN!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    You could even add in Chelsea @ evens and Juventus @ 6/4 there too (Shakhtar were poor against Nords and Juventus are flying atm):D

Two Shots in the dark tomorrow - just to add some interest on a busy night. There have been tonnes of goals in the Championship so far this season so over 1.5 goals in each game tomorrow @ 11/1:D(i'm leaving out Cardiff/Birmingham - couple of 1-0's each lately)
    And over 0.5 first half goals @ 13/1 :(again without Cardiff/Birmingham

Sweet - not quite shots in the dark after all:D:D:D - for the first half goals Wolves game was the only one that failed, gonna do this bet for a while on this division as there are tonnes of goals here

• Registered Users Posts: 34,158 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

United 1.77 on exchanges was too good to turn down to win in Romania.

You wont get too many at better value at that price for rest of season.

Glad most know decent price when they see one.

Pays to do your homework.

Hope everyone did well.

Headshot wrote: »
    Iv gone for
    Barcelona-1.0 @ 2.075
    Under 2.5 @ 19/20 in the Celtic game
    Doubles, 1 bet * €21.00 To Win 63.97

Strange happenings tonight.Barca are up and down. I think Benfica are the ideal team to face barca tbh. They wont have 11 men behind the ball I feel. Barca are against Madrid at the weekend so maybe that's why the odds are up and down

Now I never do unders, I particularly hate the bet but I felt it was a worth a shot in this game because I can see Celtic being very defensive. Now the stats are against me in this game but the home team will be missing players too so who knows

If celtic only went in at HT 1-0, I reckon my bet wouldve come in, ah never mind. It was interesting to note the odds dropped to 4/5 on unders before the game

I should of done a big single in that barca match, odds were way to good. Live and learn

On another note I reckon Puyol is out of the Real Madrid match, so that is a big loss for Barca. They'll probably have a back line of Song and Masch, very dodgy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Wow Bayern @ 1.78 to beat Lille, some banker :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone been watching Dortmund this season?? Thinking of going big on Man City 2mrw at 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

in the AFC championship for 2moro :

Al Hilal (saudi) vs Ulsan (Korea)

the saudi team lost the 1st game in Korea 1-0...they have been in a fantastic form the last few games scoring 9 goals in the last 2 games.. they will definitely beat the Korean side who has been struggling in the Korean league.

Al Hilal to win at 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Shane St. wrote: »
    Anyone been watching Dortmund this season?? Thinking of going big on Man City 2mrw at 5/6

Went for them myself, I'd say City will beat them. It's a must win game for them after the late loss in the Bernabau, they have Aguero back.They're always better at home and had a good win from behind at Fulham on Sat which ended their win-less run and will boost morale. Dortmund haven't won away in their league this season(2 draws and 1 loss)

BTTS @1.61 looks good too
    City haven't kept a cleansheet yet and both City and Dortmund have scored in everygame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

hellfish08 wrote: »
    Went for them myself, I'd say City will beat them. It's a must win game for them after the late loss in the Bernabau, they have Aguero back.They're always better at home and had a good win from behind at Fulham on Sat which ended their win-less run and will boost morale. Dortmund haven't won away in their league this season(2 draws and 1 loss)

BTTS @1.61 looks good too
    City haven't kept a cleansheet yet and both City and Dortmund have scored in everygame
    Based on this post both teams to score and City to win @ 5/2 could be good

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Based on this post both teams to score and City to win @ 5/2 could be good

who's that with?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

City v Dortmund
    I really like the odds on Aguero to score anytime @ 11/10

Schalke v Montpellier

Schalke the much better team here and they have an inform striker, Huntelaar scoring anytime and at odds of 1/1. That looks fair tasty

Bet365 odds on anytime scorers are rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Over 2.5 goals in Porto/PSG @ evens looks good price in the CL tomorrow. PSG firing in the goals but are still suspect at the back even though Silva has a few games under his belt. Porto also very attack minded side with the Columbians Martinez and Rodriguez up front. Expecting an attacking game.

Gonna double that up with City/Dortmund tomorrow over 2.5 goals @ 13/20. Poor enough price but ya have to expect BTTS anyhow especially with good attackers but poor defence from both atm.

Comes to 2.3/1 on bet365

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone have any thoughts on the Under/Over for the Arsenal game? Reading a write up on Goal.com has me tempted to back Under 2.5, but thought I'd ask opinions on here...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I expect Arsenal to score at least 2 but not keep a clean sheet.
    Based on? Nothing really, just what i think what will happen.

Have a fiver free bet so for interest about 20/1

Middlesbrough
    City
    Schalke
    BTTS Forrest/Blackburn
    BTTS Porto/PSG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Can see value in the overs market tonight:

Man City v Dortmund - Over 2.5
    Ajax v R Madrid - Over 2.5
    Porto v PSG - Over 1.5

Slightly better than 2/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Tonight is harder to predict than last night, in saying that I won nothing last night. Going for a Real/City double at 2/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement