Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

west brom @ 10/11 v qpr looks good?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

€10 pays €106.

MK Dons 1/2
    Southend 1/2
    Blackpool 4/6
    Leicester 4/7
    Over 2.5 goals Sheff Wed/Hull game

• Registered Users Posts: 34,158 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Small bet on Barnet tomorrow at 15/2

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Anybody have an opinion on the milan derby?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Chelsea over 2.5 goals
    Bayern over 2.5
    Schalke over 1.5
    Leads/Barnsley both to score

€20 pays €148

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Mandsukic & Bayern @4/5 is very tasty indeed and will be part of my accum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Small bet on Barnet tomorrow at 15/2

Any reason? Just thinking of putting Southend in a treble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Man City V Sunderland

City to score in both halves 10/11

Very rare that City don't pull this off at Eastlands against weaker opposition. Outside of matches against the top clubs this bet would have come through in virtually every home league game since the start of last season.

The fact that they haven't won any of their last 3 at home is a worry but even in the Villa game this would have come off.

I fancy a City backlash and this looks as good as anything to me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Willem II - RKC Waalwijk
    RKC to win @2.25
    Bet of the week in Holland if you ask me.

Willem II the weakest team in the league, RKC could/should have won against AZ last week. Much better team than Willem II in any case.

Also home win for Vitesse @1.72 against Heerenveen is generous imo.

Waiting for line ups for Wellington - Sydney.
    If he plays, Alessandro Del Piero any time @2.6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Few bets for today

Chelsea to win
    Man city to win
    Arsenal or draw
    Everton or draw
    Cardiff or draw
    Bolton or draw
    Brighton or draw
    Sheff utd or draw
    Gillingham or draw
    12/1 £10

Man city v Sunderland
    Fletcher to score anytime 4/1 £5

Man city
    Chelsea
    Blackpool
    Everton
    Arsenal
    10/1 £5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    West Ham v Arsenal FC
    West Ham: Carroll, O'Brien, Reid (all doubtful), Collison, Diarra
    Arsenal FC: Diaby, Fabianski, Frimpong, Rosicky, Sagna, Szczesny, Wilshere, Mertesacker (doubtful)
    pick 1X

Viking FK v Aalesund FK
    Viking FK: Sigurdsson (19/1 d), Nisja (21/5 m) (doubtful), Ørnskov (23/2 m)
    Aalesund FK: Rørvik (0/0 g), Wembangomo (12/0 d), Myklebust (12/0 m), Carlsen (8/0 m), Fuhre (12/4 m), Sellami (0/0 m), Barrantes (22/6 m) (doubtful)
    pick 1

Elazığspor v Akhisar Bld.
    Elazığspor: Badur, Bulut, Zeegelaar
    Akhisar Bld: Yılmaz, Yüce, Bikoko, Ateş, Dinçer, Cebe, Duymuş
    pick 1

Plymouth Argyle v AFC Wimbledon
    Plymouth Argyle: Bhasera (8/0 d), Feeney (10/3 f) (both doubtful), Wotton (6/0 m)
    AFC Wimbledon: Osano (1/0 d), Long (7/0 m) (both doubtful), Bennett (5/0 d), Mitchel-King (3/0 d), Balkestein (7/1 d), McNaughton (0/0 d), Prior (0/0 f)
    pick 1

Grêmio v Cruzeiro
    Grêmio: Fábio Aurélio (0/0 d), Gilberto Silva (24/0 m), Bertoglio (0/0 m)
    Cruzeiro: Tinga (20/1 m), Sandro Silva (9/0 m), Alex Silva (1/0 d), Fabinho (11/0 f), Charles (19/0 m), Willian Magrão (11/0 m)
    pick 1

• Registered Users Posts: 34,158 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Gillington wrote: »
    Any reason? Just thinking of putting Southend in a treble

Southend missing lot players for this through injury. They still should be too good, but value lies with Barnet for me.

Dont let me put you off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

I see paddy power have an accumalater of any time goal scorer

A few might be worth a shot

Aguero 5/6 Should score
    Long 11/5 on form for West Brom and Odemweinge is on the bench
    Jelavic 13/5 On form for Everton
    Podolski 3/1
    Mata 7/4 Top scorer for Chelsea so far

All to score today

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

It looks like that daily bets and banter thread had no effect on the target market.

Any of the moderators want to start a thread where reasoning is required to post a tip and see how that goes for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

It looks like that daily bets and banter thread had no effect on the target market.

Any of the moderators want to start a thread where reasoning is required to post a tip and see how that goes for a while?

i see your point bot tip are tips it up to people to take them or not and if reason come with them great but this is just a tips tread if you start spliting it up where do you stop. just my two cent best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Chelsea to win to nil - evens
    Real Madrid, Draw Double Chance - 6/5

Thats my bet for the day anyway. Madrid hitting form and Barca missing 2 center backs, Chelsea with the least conceded in the league against a team struggling to score much and are lying in 17th.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rossit wrote: »
    i see your point bot tip are tips it up to people to take them or not and if reason come with them great but this is just a tips tread if you start spliting it up where do you stop. just my two cent best of luck to all

But people aren't posting "tips". They are posting what they are doing for the day, offering no reasons. A tip is when you say "Guys, this is great value, here's why". A tip is you asking someone to trust you and encouraging them to back a bet because it is good value for reasons x, y and z. A lot of people are just using this topic to say "I'm backing these today" and that isn't offering tips, that's keeping a record of your own bets.

It's very easy to see where this stops; one thread for "Here's my bets for today, good luck guys" and one for "Here's some good value guys, I think you should back these bets and here's why".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Shane St. wrote: »
    Man City v Sunderland
    Steven Fletcher Anytime 10/3 Think that is a great bet

it's a mad price in fairness
    wasnt aware he had scored all of sunders goals so great spot there
    just backed him at 4s with betvictor (same price w hill)

stuck it in a treble also with ba and bale (both 2s w hill) and that
    comes to 44/1

Sin City wrote: »
    I see paddy power have an accumalater of any time goal scorer

Mata 7/4 Top scorer for Chelsea so far

he's only scored once so far this season

going for the double of west brom and chelsea to win to nil

wb have won their three home games without conceding
    whilst qpr have one point from three away games
    chelsea have won 2 of their 3 home games to nil and norwich
    have yet to win away and have lost 2 of their three away games
    without scoring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

mailburner wrote: »
    he's only scored once so far this season

He scored more in the champions league but Your right only 1 in the prem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Man City Team Hart; Zabaleta, Richards, Lescott, Kolarov; Milner, Barry, Yaya Toure, Silva; Balotelli, Tevez

Tevez anytime Evs
    Can see him scoring today after not playing during the week, he will want to make a point

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

magherakid wrote: »
    Man City Team Hart; Zabaleta, Richards, Lescott, Kolarov; Milner, Barry, Yaya Toure, Silva; Balotelli, Tevez

Tevez anytime Evs
    Can see him scoring today after not playing during the week

No Kompany. Made my mind up for btts at even money, which I was tempted for anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

A couple of plays for me today.

Lay Liverpool 8/15 vs Stoke - Another completely ludicrous price for Liverpool. They don't deserve to be 8/15 against anyone, never mind a tough outfit like Stoke who they've had trouble with in the past.

Lay West Brom 4/5 vs QPR - Too short plain and simple. I think they're the better side but they should be no less than 11/10.

Back Arsenal Evs vs West Ham - Granted, backing Arsenal away from home against lesser sides has been a route to the poor house in recent years. However, I think that's more than reflected in the price. Arsenal are playing well, and West Ham have been slightly overrated thus far imo. I think Evs is a touch of value

manual_man wrote: »
    No Kompany. Made my mind up for btts at even money, which I was tempted for anyway

looks good alright

Both teams have scored in all ten Man City games this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Doff wrote: »
    Chelsea to win to nil - evens
    I think we can agree Chelsea are going to be a top 4 team this season and Norwich are going to be a bottom 10 team.

In the 40 home games the top 4 had against last year's bottom 10, this bet would have won 21 times (52.5%). Meaning a completely fair price would be 1.90 (or 1.90476190476 to be exact).

The previous year the bet would have won 57.5% of the time. Fair odds being 1.74

Add to this just how bad Norwich are, definitely closer to being a bottom than mid-table, I'll jump in on this one too

So now the question is, where did you get that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gallyer

Couple bets for today,

Chelsea -1 8/13 and Swindon 10/11 €10 Double

Over 2.5 goals ion peterboro -forest 4/6 and plymouth - wimbledon 8/11 €10 double

And finally a fiver accum on all four selections.

Austria! wrote: »
    I think we can agree Chelsea are going to be a top 4 team this season and Norwich are going to be a bottom 10 team.

In the 40 home games the top 4 had against last year's bottom 10, this bet would have won 21 times (52.5%). Meaning a completely fair price would be 1.90 (or 1.90476190476 to be exact).

The previous year the bet would have won 57.5% of the time. Fair odds being 1.74

Add to this just how bad Norwich are, definitely closer to being a bottom than mid-table, I'll jump in on this one too

So now the question is, where did you get that price?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/chelsea-v-norwich/to-win-to-nil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

I just cant seem to get away from Gillingham to beat Oxford away today - Gillingham available @ 7/5 and top their division
    They have won their last 5 aways scoring 10 and conceding only 3
    Oxford are mixed at home lost 2 and won 3
    I have read several places that Oxford are missing players but cant seem to find who:confused:
    But based on form this looks too good to ignore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Radonman wrote: »
    I just cant seem to get away from Gillingham to beat Oxford away today - Gillingham available @ 7/5 and top their division
    They have won their last 5 aways scoring 10 and conceding only 3
    Oxford are mixed at home lost 2 and won 3
    I have read several places that Oxford are missing players but cant seem to find who:confused:
    But based on form this looks too good to ignore
    Yep same thoughts as you on this, have them in a treble with Swindon at 'cant buy a win' Bury and btts in Watford Boro (2 free scoring and conceding sides). Oxford missing Raynes and Cox, Cox has played half their games and Raynes all them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement