Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Carrollman

West brom
    everton
    arsenal
    cardiff
    chelsea to win to nil

5euro accumulator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Radonman wrote: »
    I just cant seem to get away from Gillingham to beat Oxford away today - Gillingham available @ 7/5 and top their division
    They have won their last 5 aways scoring 10 and conceding only 3
    Oxford are mixed at home lost 2 and won 3
    I have read several places that Oxford are missing players but cant seem to find who:confused:
    But based on form this looks too good to ignore

They could be missing 7 three are major doubts according to bbc. Some first team players and some who haven't had game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19768934

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man City V Sunderland

City to score in both halves 10/11

Very rare that City don't pull this off at Eastlands against weaker opposition. Outside of matches against the top clubs this bet would have come through in virtually every home league game since the start of last season.

The fact that they haven't won any of their last 3 at home is a worry but even in the Villa game this would have come off.

I fancy a City backlash and this looks as good as anything to me.

Thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Spanish La Liga - Barcelona v Real Madrid - over 2.5 goals @ 1/2

English Premier League - Newcastle v Man Utd - both teams to score @ 8/13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Avfctom wrote: »
    Few bets for today

Chelsea to win
    Man city to win
    Arsenal or draw
    Everton or draw
    Cardiff or draw
    Bolton or draw
    Brighton or draw
    Sheff utd or draw
    Gillingham or draw
    12/1 £10

Looked good till Bolton missed a pen then conceded in the 90th minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I fancy a Ladbrokes quatro tomorrow.

Southampton to win or draw and 3 or more goals in the game 11/5.

5 of Southampton's 6 games have gone over 2.5. All of Fulham's have.

Fulham are notoriously poor on the road and will probably be without Berbatov and Petric.

Southampton have been strong at home for the last few seasons and beat Villa convincingly while they were desperately unlucky to lose to United. Also they were pretty good at times at Everton last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Thank you :D

I'm just a little annoyed I didn't take win both halves at 15/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Lasagna u still lumping on Bastia?? Any team news or anything worth noting?

Anyone else think there's value on Newcastle to score first against United tomorrow? It's 7/5 at the moment. As a United fan, it feels like we don't start playing now until we go one down, and I have a feeling the majority of our games recently have seen this bet come in, even with weaker teams than Newcastle...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Yup, Bastia have their best starting 11 barring Cahuzac who's suspended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/10/06/france/ligue-1/sporting-club-de-bastia/esperance-sportive-troyes-aube-champagne/1286092/

scroll down, it shows who is sidelined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Yup, Bastia have their best starting 11 barring Cahuzac who's suspended.

When you say lumping, is it a win or a handicap bet you're backing?

Vanbis wrote: »
    When you say lumping, is it a win or a handicap bet you're backing?

I'm on Bastia to win.

stream if anyone's interested: http://www8.livetv.ru/webplayer2.php?t=letontv&c=bastiavstroa&lang=ru

Bastia are in blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

The early game tomorrow Man City v Sunderland looks nailed on for both to score @ 11/10 - Sunderland have only failed to score once this season away to Arsenal and well we all know City have not kept a clean sheet all season add into this the run around they got midweek the last thing they need right now is Sat 12.45 kick off. I still expect city to win but a severe struggle to get there

Only game in the premiership that it did not happen in today :(
    I just cant seem to get away from Gillingham to beat Oxford away today - Gillingham available @ 7/5 and top their division
    They have won their last 5 aways scoring 10 and conceding only 3
    Oxford are mixed at home lost 2 and won 3
    I have read several places that Oxford are missing players but cant seem to find who:confused:
    But based on form this looks too good to ignore

A boring 0-0 :(
    So much for research!!! based on the above and doing no research whatsoever cos it has not worked this weekend i'm going to do the following in tomorrow's premiership games
    All 4 over 1.5 @ just over evens
    All 4 over 2.5 @ 8/1 - this happened today btw
    no research no nothing just tilt!! Had a good day in the fantasy Footballs though::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,158 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Small bet on Barnet tomorrow at 15/2

2-0 up but failed to win. Thankfully I hedged when 1-0 up so made few quid, but should of been more.

Better to be up I guess.

Bastia @ 1.70 next week vs Troyes has to be the bet of the month. I think I might put my biggest stake ever on this bet. Bastia are very strong at home and Troyes are 3rd division material. Bastia thrashed them 5-1 at home last season in the 2nd division.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Maybe Bastia are one to follow to each week.

I'm learning to follow Diarra blindly when he uses the words "Bet of the..." :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Great time to back back against Man Utd tomorrow, going to go all out and say Newcastle will take all 3 points. Handicap draw -1 9/2. If we win I reckon it'll be the single goal so will throw a few quid on that, Newcastle played well at home to Bordeaux and think they'll be solid enough tomorrow, especially if Coloccini is fit.

Vanbis wrote: »
    Maybe Bastia are one to follow to each week.

Especially at home theyre very strong, BTTS is good too, their defense is awful

• Advertisement

Dave147 wrote: »
    Great time to back back against Man Utd tomorrow, going to go all out and say Newcastle will take all 3 points. Handicap draw -1 9/2. If we win I reckon it'll be the single goal so will throw a few quid on that, Newcastle played well at home to Bordeaux and think they'll be solid enough tomorrow, especially if Coloccini is fit.

Interested to see the team news and Manutd's defence but i can see a few people backing Newcastle to win tomorrow on those PP have up.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

Only game in the premiership that it did not happen in today :(

A boring 0-0 :(
    So much for research!!! based on the above and doing no research whatsoever cos it has not worked this weekend i'm going to do the following in tomorrow's premiership games
    All 4 over 1.5 @ just over evens
    All 4 over 2.5 @ 8/1 - this happened today btw
    no research no nothing just tilt!! Had a good day in the fantasy Footballs though::pac:
    I'm going with the over 1.5 goals for a while now, it's slow but steady profit.. and for me it's better than missing out by a single goal on the over 2.5 which always happens me!

Real Madrid are 11/4 to win or 15/8 DNB.
    Given Real have to be up for it to close that point difference down, and Barca's defense woes, those odds seem very generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

anyone think AZ and Ajax are safe bets tomorrow ??? (Sunday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Thinking of tomorrow going for

Southampton
    Newcastle
    Barcelona
    Ac milan
    All over 2.5 and also fourfold on btts

Anytime goalscorers
    Lambert 7/4
    Van persie 1/1
    Hooper 8/13
    Messi 1/2
    Falcao 8/11
    20/1

Looking for some value this double goalscorers jumps out
    Demba ba 2/1
    Ronaldo 1/1
    5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

So sad I missed Las' bet. Saw it early in the week, but I am in hospital now (long story, just had op on foot, morphine is fun) so it slipped my mind til I checked the site just now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Interested in Demba Ba to score 2 or more goals @ 16/1 with Paddy Power (11/1 with Bet365)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

PCPhoto wrote: »
    anyone think AZ and Ajax are safe bets tomorrow ??? (Sunday)

Eh... AZ away to Twente a safe bet? Twente won 6 and their only loss was away to Ajax.

And Ajax has lost 4x in a row now to Utrecht for the league but that should not stop you to bet on Ajax. 10 days ago it was 3-0 for Ajax for the Dutch cup.

AZ could get something at Twente due to Twente's EL involvement on thursday but i wouldnt call it a safe bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Suarez at evens to score anytime looks decent. He's banging them in atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    AS Roma v Atalanta Bergamo
    AS Roma: Lobont (0/0 g), Pjanic (2/0 m) (doubtful), Dodò (0/0 d)
    Atalanta Bergamo: Bellini (3/0 d), Manfredini (5/0 d), Carmona (0/0 m) (all doubtful), Stendardo (3/0 d), Radovanovic (0/0 m), Pinto (0/0 m), Capelli (0/0 d), Biondini (3/0 m), Lucchini (6/0 d)
    pick 1

Seattle Sounders v Portland Timbers
    Seattle Sounders: Sodade (0/0 f)
    Portland Timbers: Boyd (26/7 f), Hogg (0/0 d), Mosquera (25/0 d), Taylor (0/0 d), Alhassan (15/1 m) (doubtful)
    pick 1

Stabaek v Tromso IL
    Stabaek: Hanssen (17/0 m), Sortevik (13/0 m) (both probably out), Aase (7/1 f), Cunningham (18/0 d), Haidar (20/0 m), Jalasto (6/0 d)
    Tromso IL: Sahlman (9/0 g)
    pick 2

Baerum SK v Alta IF
    Baerum SK: Finstad (0/0 d), Lundemo (7/1 m) (doubtful)
    Alta IF: Nikolaisen (21/8 f), Lindberg (7/0 d), Nilsson (20/0 d), Jarosinski (20/0 first goalkeeper) (all doubtful), Ertsås (20/6 f) (probably out), Erlandsen (0/0 d), Ngom (0/0 f), Norbye (24/0 f)
    pick 1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement