Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,313 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you have to fancy Madrid big time at the corners/set pieces now

Ramos will have some joy I reckon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Going for a Ronaldo wincast.

Can see Madrid winning this and if they win, cant imagine Ronaldo not scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

Polar101 wrote: »
    Two small single bets to start the day.

1) Southampton - Fulham, over 3.5 goals @ 3.00. Both teams can score goals and Southampton's defence has been awful, so I'd be surprised if there weren't a few goals in it.

2) Finnish league, KuPS - Haka, Haka to win @ 3.90. Haka's new coach has fixed their defensive problems, but they haven't won yet - this game should be evenly matched so Haka have a decent chance for a win.

2-2 and 1-1. Haka concede after 87 minutes, so pretty close.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

I think Barcelona at 10/11 is a great price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Q, I am nearly sure I seen Osters down for a 17.45 kick off , went over the bookies at 4.30 to do the bet , didn't realise the game was at 3pm !!!

Osters to win was 11/10, I even put they on slip !! Obviously If I had of known I woukdnt of put the bet on ...

Assume it's just a ridiculous error in my part and can't do anything about it ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

mrdmb wrote: »
    Hannover vs Dortmund... Hanover asian hanidcap +0.5 at 2.06 looks tasty..! but not sure if i'll place it.

i shud have placed this bet..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

marseille vs PSG..

was goin to place a bet on PSG asian handicap +0.0 at 1.66 but the odds have changed to 1.74..?
    any thoughts why.? r they missing someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    A couple of plays for me today.

Lay Liverpool 8/15 vs Stoke - Another completely ludicrous price for Liverpool. They don't deserve to be 8/15 against anyone, never mind a tough outfit like Stoke who they've had trouble with in the past.

Lay West Brom 4/5 vs QPR - Too short plain and simple. I think they're the better side but they should be no less than 11/10.

Back Arsenal Evs vs West Ham - Granted, backing Arsenal away from home against lesser sides has been a route to the poor house in recent years. However, I think that's more than reflected in the price. Arsenal are playing well, and West Ham have been slightly overrated thus far imo. I think Evs is a touch of value

2/3.

Went heavy in laying Liverpool in the end. They were 1.51 to back a half hour before kick off. You would really have to question people's sanity to actually want to back at that price. 3rd game already this year that Liverpool have been ridiculously short. Thank god for the exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

any1 know falcao starting tonight

brilou23 wrote: »
    any1 know falcao starting tonight

According to soccerway he does

• Advertisement

Monaco playing Chateroux tonight....are they worth the risk.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

This should be a banker, I'm thinking of putting the winnings from that Bastia bet on it, not sure if the risk is worth it though...
    England to win to nil (vs San Marino)
    Holland to win to nil (vs Andorra)
    Moldova (away to San Marino)
    Bosnia (vs Lithuania)
    @ 1.72

Slightly worried about Moldova, they won 2-0 in San Marino 2 years ago and it's pros vs really bad amateurs, but San Marino might finally call up the San Marino U21 keeper who's really good...

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Monaco playing Chateroux tonight....are they worth the risk.....:o

Think I am going with Monaco -1 & Halmstad to win tonight works out at about 4/1.

Halmstad I am giving 1 more go tonight, they are away Varberg who aint going very well and Ham need to win to keep pace with Bromm who won yesterday.

Monaco , of course depends on how they play but surely they should be winning well v the likes of Chateroux.

Was thinking of doing it the other way with Halstad -1 & Monaco to win, odds of about 8/1 but Ham are away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

This should be a banker, I'm thinking of putting the winnings from that Bastia bet on it, not sure if the risk is worth it though...
    Moldova (away to San Marino)
    Bosnia (vs Lithuania)
    @ 1.72

Slightly worried about Moldova, they won 2-0 in San Marino 2 years ago and it's pros vs really bad amateurs, but San Marino might finally call up the San Marino U21 keeper who's really good...

I'd be slightly more worried about Lithuania scoring

Those last 2 are just straight wins, not to nil.
    Well, that is what i think after he had the win to nil part in the first 2 lines.

seanhynes wrote: »
    I'd be slightly more worried about Lithuania scoring

Aye I misread the post,that's a v good bet ,it won't lose

• Registered Users Posts: 54,313 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im surprised by the odds on Germany -1 @6/5

This is Ireland we're talking about, we are rubbish and have loads of injuries

It should be free money but I couldn't back against us with trap in charge during the qualifiers he's the luckiest man with results. We haven't been beat by 2 clear goals at homin either in 17 years in a qualifier Austria 1-3. They only just about bet Austria away last game too 1-2 ,I'd be cautious going big on that

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jodi_geelan

seanhynes wrote: »
    It should be free money but I couldn't back against us with trap in charge during the qualifiers he's the luckiest man with results. We haven't been beat by 2 clear goals at homin either in 17 years in a qualifier Austria 1-3. They only just about bet Austria away last game too 1-2 ,I'd be cautious going big on that

Foolish earthling, Germany will win this 10 nil, in fact im so confident germany will win im putting ten pounds on germany win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Foolish earthling, Germany will win this 10 nil, in fact im so confident germany will win im putting ten pounds on germany win

This is madness. Goddam mad madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ireland v Germany is a no betting game imo.

No value anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Anyone any Views on the following bets??

Ireland v Germany 4/9
    Switzerland 8/11 v Norway
    Moldova v Ukraine 3/10

Im thinking of Lumping 300 on this treble for just under 1000

I think Germany are way to superior to us for us to get anything against them, the day of us matching any of the heavy weights of world football has long gone as the Euro's sadly showed us, cant believe Germany-1 is 13/10 i cant see them not beating us by more than 1...

Switzerland on the back of some good results and cant see them not beating Norway at home who shockingly lost away to Iceland the opening game..

Ukraine looked very good against England in Wembley and really cud of won the game, they know they need to win this game to ensure qualification. Moldova looked shambolic against england, Ukraine should win this one...

Anyone have any advice or views on these games cuz dont wanna throw a **** load of money to the bookies and lose :(

really like lasa's shouts here would love to add these 2 but with such a big stake its risky any gammy own goal or freak goal could shatter the bet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Ireland v Germany is a no betting game imo.

No value anywhere.

You not think Germany win is good value @4/9 ?? I really expected them 1/3 or 1/4 to win ...

Higgytash wrote: »
    You not think Germany win is good value @4/9 ?? I really expected them 1/3 or 1/4 to win ...

Think they have the odds pretty much spot on being honest.

People are jumping the gun just like Czech Republic back in 2006 after Ireland lost 5-2 only 4 days previous.

I saw the Austria game and in no way are Germany good value at 4/9.

Thats not to say they could win easy (4-0). But from my point of view Value wise there no bet here. Lot of pros punters think likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Higgytash wrote: »

Well no considering they are available at 1/2 in a number of bookies. 1/2 is about right. Germany were/are massively overrated (fav for euro2012 prior). While they are still much better than Ireland, Ireland have a tendency to dig out results against big teams. I'd want to be getting 8/13 + to be a backer tbh. I'll lay if they go to 4/9 or less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Headshot wrote: »
    Im surprised by the odds on Germany -1 @6/5

This is Ireland we're talking about, we are rubbish and have loads of injuries
    This looks like value.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

slattsteen wrote: »
    It'll be reliable Messi anytime for me at 8/11 in pp coupon, ok he hasnt scored in last 3 games.........but maybe thats all the more reason he will! pp are also giving money back if he scores last goal on 1st goalscorers and correct scoreline

Did anyone take note?!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

slattsteen wrote: »
    Did anyone take note?!
    I dont think anyone needs to be told that Messi is likely to score in a given match at odds on.

The markets that special was on should never be backed. Overround is massive.

I dont think anyone needs to be told that Messi is likely to score in a given match at odds on.

The markets that special was on should never be backed. Overround is massive.

To score at anytime is the worst market along with correct score out there.

Bit more value in first scorer although not much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

To score at anytime is the worst market along with correct score out there.

Bit more value in first scorer although not much.
    Half right, anytime goalscorer is a great market and is a money maker for many of us. I had three a.g doubles on Saturday evening, ranging from 3s to 10/11 selections, all great value for their respective records and given who they were playing, Ronaldo at evens/ or 11/10 on Sunday was buying money for anyone that backed him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement