Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You are very much under-rating this Japan team. They are really good. They'll be Brazil's biggest test for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Headshot wrote: »
    You are very much under-rating this Japan team. They are really good. They'll be Brazil's biggest test for a long time

I know how good japan are one of the most organised teams iv seen with the star quality of kagawa and honda but i still think brazil will win this comfortably dont think u can put brazil and France in the same league the pace brazil possess will cause japan massive problems hulk and neymar will tear there defence to pieces in my opinion might take a bit of time thinking about it in more depth ht draw ft brazil may be worth a bet and btts at evens

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

If ye wanted to take another shot at the Spanish second division this evening you might consider Almeria as Cordoba lost key players in the summer, Borja Garcia, Charles (best sriker), Tairam, Prieto and Airam.

I didnt! I went with all the wrong bets this weekend. Need to fight the urge to bet on erratic international/lower league footy for next 6 days...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If ye wanted to take another shot at the Spanish second division this evening you might consider Almeria as Cordoba lost key players in the summer, Borja Garcia, Charles (best sriker), Tairam, Prieto and Airam.

Cheers for that. 3-0. I got greedy and went for ht/ft aswell:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

The trick with the lower leagues is to concentrate on injuries and suspensions as their squad players are usually very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Match that will start at 20.00:

Barnechea - Colo Colo, Chilean cup.

Should have goals and lots of them.

Over 2,5 was 1.6 yhis afternoon but has dropped to @1.33

Taking over 5 @4.4

Cup stats for Barnechea: played 5, scored 15 and conceded 15
    Reverse fixture finished 5-5
    According to bet365 stats there were 49 shots in this game.
    Only 3 goals :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

inforfun wrote: »
    According to bet365 stats there were 49 shots in this game.
    Only 3 goals :mad:

Saw that - something like 23 corners. The red card in the 65th min worked against goals - strangely.

Fluminenese -1 or win to nil worth small stakes. Bet that stands out to me is more 2nd half goals @ evens.

Fluminenese -1 or win to nil worth small stakes. Bet that stands out to me is more 2nd half goals @ evens.

1 down after only 2 mins. Red card for Ponte Preta with 20 left and 2 goals in last 10mins saw them win 2-1.
    I followed the game and when they went as high as 5/1 I saw great value in that given that they were well on top - 10 corners to 1, but they really left it late. Was also on the 2nd half goals, cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

robertowjr wrote: »
    I know it's early but write that one down and bet soon cos you won't get that price on Sunday.

Gremio x Botafogo ( Campeonato Brasileiro - Brazil Serie A) Sunday 22:30

Gremio to win @ 1.7 is a banker.
    Gremio -0.5, -1 Asian Handicap @ 1.92 it's excellent value.

Botafogo got scored at the 90'+1. :(
    FT Gremio 1-1 Botafogo

Ikaft.png

ci4CF.png

Sorry for those who followed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Holland u21 v Slovakia u21
    Holland won 2-0 away to Slovakia already and judging by the team, they are full of very promising players. Infor any thoughts on this match?

Im thinking of going big on -1 Holland @ near 1/1

Jordy Clasie has been added to the Dutch squad that will play Romania tomorrow. His place in the squad has been taken over by Ricky van Haaren, similar player, wouldnt be surprised if he plays. Won the player of the tournament award in Toulon last summer.

And Jerson Cabral will most likely play on the left wing in Wildschut ( can only be an improvement because nothing went well with him in the 1st match).

Slovakia was really poor in the first match so it all depends on Holland if that -1 will come in. The last few matches in the group stages they did go for it and scored lots of goals.
    So yes, -1 shouldnt be a problem but you know yourself with those U21 teams, consistency isnt their strength.

Now what will be interesting, if they qualify, what they will do at the end tournament in Israel since half the senior squad have announced they want to play that tournament.

Then we are talking about the likes of:
    Kevin Strootman, Bruno Martins Indi, Stefan de Vrij, Luciano Narsingh, Leroy Fer, Ricardo van Rhijn, Jordy Clasie en Jetro Willems. Add that to what is in the squad now, Luuk de Jong, their GK Zoet amongst ohers and you ll get a team that has a great chance to win that tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I know it's early but write that one down and bet soon cos you won't get that price on Sunday.

Gremio x Botafogo ( Campeonato Brasileiro - Brazil Serie A) Sunday 22:30

Gremio to win @ 1.7 is a banker.
    Gremio -0.5, -1 Asian Handicap @ 1.92 it's excellent value.

Botafogo got scored at the 90'+1. :(
    FT Gremio 1-1 Botafogo

Ikaft.png

ci4CF.png

Sorry for those who followed.
    Had my largest bet for a while on Fluminese/Gremio double. Fluminese win had me covering on Botofogo it had never crossed my mind thoight they would go on to win by 2-3. Was a good bet Gremio cant fault ya there. Got a nice few bob on Botofogo DC to ease the pain. Thanks anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Port Vale v Oxford
    Tom Pope anytime 6/5
    Top scorer in league 2 with 11 goals

Seen this tipped in a few places this morning. He has scored more so far this season than in any full season before this. Any thoughts on the sudden improvement?

Not sure but he's 6ft 3in also Port Vale fan, i guess he bagged a few goals and confidence is high.

Port Vale striker Tom Pope pleased with his supply line

Port Vale striker Tom Pope is grateful for the dual wing supply line that has helped him soar to the top of the scoring charts this season.

"When you play with wingers you know they'll create chances," the 27-year-old told BBC Radio Stoke.

"With that pace, even they don't know what they're going to do with it half the time."

League Two's leading marksman has hit 12 in all competitions - seven of which have come on Vale's travels.

And Pope knows it is no coincidence that opposition tactics are allowing Vale's two in-form wingers Jennison Myrie-Williams and Ashley Vincent more space to cause damage in away games
    At home, sides come with two banks of four," said Pope.

"It's difficult to get the sort of space you get away from home when we can pick teams off and create chances.

"But, when our two wingers are on their game, they're a pleasure to play with."

While Pope is prepared to give credit where it is due to his team-mates, Vale boss Micky Adams is just pleased at the change in fortunes for the Crewe Alexandra product in his second season at Vale Park since ending an unhappy two years with Rotherham United.

"He deserves it," Adams told BBC Radio Stoke.

"He's fitter, he looks a lot better in himself, he's a lot more confident than he was last season and he's leading the line great for us.

"I'm just gutted I gave him a goal-scoring bonus at the beginning of the season. Last season he got five and I thought I'd save ground."

"But now it looks like I've cost the administrator a few quid."

Having become the fastest Vale player to reach double figures for the season since 1933, Pope has only netted in two home matches this season, with four coming in one game against old club Rotherham.

Pope's aim is now to find the net more often at Vale Park, where they have won just twice.

"We need to improve at home and find ways of breaking down defences," Pope continued.

"And I'm not going to get carried away with results. I'm going to take each game as it comes."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19876202

Powers have enhanced the pope wincast to 2/1.

A warning sign or value?

magherakid wrote: »
    Port Vale v Oxford
    Tom Pope anytime 6/5

Decent chance of scoring, but he's 4/5 with my bookmaker of choice (free bet going on). Even at 6/5, that's a bit scabby, isn't it? I prefer Over 1.5 home goals @ 5/6, doubled with Holland U21 win. 27/20 Double.

You're prob right though, given calibre of away team, tonight, most likely both of our bets are fairly concurrently likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

babymanval wrote: »
    magherakid wrote: »
    Port Vale v Oxford
    Tom Pope anytime 6/5

Decent chance of scoring, but he's 4/5 with my bookmaker of choice (free bet going on). Even at 6/5, that's a bit scabby, isn't it? I prefer Over 1.5 home goals @ 5/6, doubled with Holland U21 win. 27/20 Double.

You're prob right though, given calibre of away team, tonight, most likely both of our bets are fairly concurrently likely.

15/8 anytime with my local bar one racing. Asked the guy in shop if it was a mistake, he said no he had just printed off the sheets. I'm on at that price.

haven't had a bet with bar one racing in years

• Advertisement

15/8 anytime with my local bar one racing. Asked the guy in shop if it was a mistake, he said no he had just printed off the sheets. I'm on at that price.

Nice catch! It's still 5/6 with mine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

any views on port vale and holland to score 3 or more looking to double up with port vale if anyone has any other ideas

Holland to score 3?
    Just had a look on results for both teams.
    Where Holland does score 3 or more quite regular, Slovakia only conceded 3 or goals or more in 2 out of their last 25 matches.

Holland will be careful, last time they played a play off at the u21 level they were beaten 1-3 at home by Ukraine, in order to win 0-2 away.
    They dont want to **** this one up.

Dont know what the odds are compared to -1 handicap but i can see them go in "just hold on to what you have" mode if they dont score a quick goal.

Edit:
    Line up
    Zoet; Leerdam, Bruma, Nuytinck, Blind; Van Haaren, Maher, Van Ginkel, Wijnaldum; De Jong, Cabral.

Same team as the away match bar Clasie (replaced by Van Haaren) and Wildschut (replaced by Cabral)
    Like for like subs.

On the -1,5 AH which had slightly better odds than the -1 handicap for whatever reason.

Does anyone else like the look of Under 3.5 in Faroe Islands/Ireland tomorrow? Why? Well, for obvious reasons. It's 1/3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Does anyone else like the look of Under 3.5 in Faroe Islands/Ireland tomorrow? Why? Well, for obvious reasons. It's 1/3.

Well Germany only beat the Faroes 3-0 (in Germany) and Sweden beat them 2-1 so I would imagine Ireland will struggle to score there and suggests that the Faroes defending is maybe not as poor as it once was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Japan or draw at 2.48
    any value in this.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

€20 on Pope to score 2 or more @ 7/2

All aboard the Popetrain. *choo choo*

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fundamental Bettor

Spanish Segunda Division - Real Madrid (B) Castilla v Las Palmas

Real Madrid’s second string host Las Palmas this evening and their respective goals per games ratios are very high at 4.38 for Real Madrid B and 3.13 for Las Palmas.

Real Madrid B have had at least 3 goals in 7 of their 8 Segunda Division matches so far this season, no clean sheets, and with Jesé Rodríguez they have the joint highest scorer in the league with 6 goals.

In their 4 home games Real Madrid B have scored 9 and conceded 9 and are up against Las Palmas who have also conceded 9 goals in the 4 away matches and 17 in total for the second worst defence in the league.

Selection: over 2.5 goals
    Bookmaker: Bet365
    Odds: 8/15

tinodz wrote: »
    €20 on Pope to score 2 or more @ 7/2

All aboard the Popetrain. *choo choo*

CHOOOOO CHOOOOOOo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Maybe under 2.5 at evens ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement