Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

He supports Villa,he's entitled to want Fulham to lose:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

seanhynes wrote: »
    He supports Villa,he's entitled to want Fulham to lose:confused:

Obviously not i see enough chat in this thread mainly about liverpool i make one banterish comments and people calling to be banned its a joke

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

The problem is by saying you want Villa to win, which is normal if you are a Villa fan, you basically say you are hoping he will lose his stake.
    That is not very nice.

You can think it but i dont think you should post it in a betting thread.

As it comes to people betting against your favourite team... this is just a little stat:

VVV - Feyenoord.
    Feyenoord only won 2x in 19 attempts over there....

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Tottenham vs Chelsea

In Spurs 4 home games this season, every game, the second half has been the half with most goals. In all their home games last season, 11 games out of 18, the second half had been the half with most goals.

Half with most goals - Second Half @ evens - €10

In the last 9 premier league games between the two, both teams have scored in 6 games. Between the two teams both have scored in the last 8 games out of 11 in all competitions.

Both Teams To Score - Yes @ 4/7 - €20

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Avfctom wrote: »
    Get a grip its a bit of banter

Now if only there was a topic for banter :P

Anyway, moving on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

inforfun wrote: »
    The problem is by saying you want Villa to win, which is normal if you are a Villa fan, you basically say you are hoping he will lose his stake.
    That is not very nice.

You can think it but i dont think you should post it in a betting thread.

As it comes to people betting against your favourite team... this is just a little stat:

VVV - Feyenoord.
    Feyenoord only won 2x in 19 attempts over there....

I said it as banter not to affend people personally i think villa will lose but i hope we dont i dont hope hes bet loses id rather the punter win than the bookies but i love my club didunt think what i wrote would cause a problem il refrain from doing so in future but i expect others to be jumped on if they talk about a club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Chelsea possession under 47% @1.8
    Chelsea possession 47% of higher @2

Chelsea's average away possession this season: 48%
    Spurs' average home possession this season: 55%
    Looks like the bookies have priced this one pretty ok. On first glance, no value here.

Spurs home games (and where those teams rank in average possession this season): West Brom 16, Villa 13, Norwich 17, QPR 10
    Chelsea's away games (and where those teams rank): Arsenal 1, Wigan 3, QPR 10.

I'm not going big on it, but chelsea more 47% it is.

Fulham have 0 cards after 3 home games.
    Villa have 11 cards after 4 away games.

Villa most bookings @1.8

Norwich have 1 booking after 3 home games.
    Arsenal have 3 bookings after 4 away games.

No booking @ 13

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Burnley v Blackpool
    Burnley HT Blackpool FT 28/1
    Burnley have lost half time leads in their last 3 matches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Austria! wrote: »
    Fulham have 0 cards after 3 home games.
    Villa have 11 cards after 4 away games.

Villa most bookings @1.8

Norwich have 1 booking after 3 home games.
    Arsenal have 3 bookings after 4 away games.

No booking @ 13

Where are you getting the Villa odds? I'd jump on that!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bet365 have villa over 1.5 cards at 4/5

I'm tempted, but Chris Foy has only given out 6 cards in his last 7 premier league games. Historically he gives out a fair few, but maybe he's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Irish94 wrote: »
    Tottenham vs Chelsea

In Spurs 4 home games this season, every game, the second half has been the half with most goals. In all their home games last season, 11 games out of 18, the second half had been the half with most goals.

In the last 9 premier league games between the two, both teams have scored in 6 games. Between the two teams both have scored in the last 8 games out of 11 in all competitions.

Boom. Only took 9 minutes in the second half for the first bet to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Frankel, Utd, City, Arsenal fourfold at around 4/1, thinking of doing Reading and draw at 23/10. What are peoples thoughts on the Reading Liverpool match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

over 1.5 in all the rest (7) of the prem games today €50 paying €172.
    over 2.5 in 6 games except the pool game €5 paying €100.

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Irish94 wrote: »
    Tottenham vs Chelsea

Good stuff
    magherakid wrote: »
    Burnley v Blackpool
    Burnley HT Blackpool FT 28/1
    Burnley have lost half time leads in their last 3 matches

:eek:

Stoke will kick United all over the park today,

Stoke asian (-1) card handicap @ 1.850

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

No goals before 25.00 (Manchester United vs Stoke)
    Aston Villa - over 1.5 cards
    Arsenal

Treble @ 5.05

Stoke are typically tough to break down and have only conceded once in the first 25 (from the spot) this season. Added to this only 1 of United last 22 against Stoke have come within this time.

As alluded to here in a previous post Villa have 11 cards in 4 away fixtures this season. One feels they could be in for a long day also and frustrations could boil over.

Norwich are leaking goals in the last few game. Looks like a long relegation battle ahead for them this term. Aresnal should have enough to see what's been a very poor side so far this season.

Karim El Ahmadi to be shown a card @3.8 (betfair)

As explained a few times already, he got 7 or 8 a season at Feyenoord and has got 3 yellows so far this season.
    Most likely Villa to get one imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Blatter wrote: »

Mata to be Sky Sports Man of the match @ 14/1 (betvictor). He's been in great form recently and had a nice break from the internationals as he wasn't in Spain's squad, so he should be relatively fresh. Tottenham away is a tough game, but 14/1 is too big a price imo.

Boom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Fundamental Bettor

Burnley host Blackpool in the televised Championship match in what will be an entertaining local derby at Turf Moor.

Burnley have the highest goals per game average in the Championship at 4.3 and Blackpool are in 7th with 3.3.

Blackpool have the joint second best offensive record in the Championship and are facing Burnley who hold the top offensive record with 21 goals. Both teams concede regularly with only 3 combined clean sheets in the Championship.

Charlie Austin (Burnley) is the top scorer in the Championship with 11 goals and will be looking to get Burnley back to winning ways.

Selection: over 2.5 goals
    Bookmaker: Stan James
    Odds: 4/6

Very nice well done Blatter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Gameiro anytime (PSG) @ 2.00

Last time he was in the starting line up, he scored a brace, he's very eager to prove to Ancelotti that he deserves a place in the team, PSG have a very strange line up today though.

inforfun wrote: »
    Karim El Ahmadi to be shown a card @3.8 (betfair)

As explained a few times already, he got 7 or 8 a season at Feyenoord and has got 3 yellows so far this season.
    Most likely Villa to get one imo.
    Reliable, he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

With a bit of a break of 'betable' matches, unless you are up to date on the Brazilian Serie A, it might be a good time to get some of the more experienced members to pitch in with a bit of advice on how they evaluate a bet. I tend to avoid betting on games where a few players would have been playing internationals as with the higher intensity of internationals, jet lag and fatigue you don't know what to expect.

For those reasons the only premier league match that holds a genuine betting interest for me this weekend is West Ham v Southampton.

over 2.5 goals @ 4/6
    both teams to score @ 4/7

I would be interested to hear from some of ye which bet do ye think is better value and how you go about deciding on the fair/true odds.

Step up, step up.

so this week the overs were the right way to go.

Norwich v Arsenal
    Over 4.5 Goals 3/1 :pac:
    There has been a total of 25 goals scored in the last five Premier League meetings between Norwich and Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Last time he was in the starting line up, he scored a brace, he's very eager to prove to Ancelotti that he deserves a place in the team, PSG have a very strange line up today though.

Nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

boom! :D More money to put on Marseille!

magherakid wrote: »
    Norwich v Arsenal
    Over 4.5 Goals 3/1 :pac:
    There has been a total of 25 goals scored in the last five Premier League meetings between Norwich and Arsenal

On Arsenal &3,5 over at the same odds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Avfctom wrote: »

Hopefully fulham flop;)
    Well Fulham didn't flop. Swansea and Palace over 2.5 goals were in by 70 mins, and it was only a matter of time before Fulham beat a poor Villa side. Beauty 589 back on that one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement