Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Austria! wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why Arsenal are 2.2 at home against Schalke? That price makes no sense to me.

Schalke currently third in Bundesliga and very tough opponents in good form
    Arsenal, who knows, they lost to Norwich last weekend, or they coulld score 3 or 4 :pac:

Big bet on City to win and a smaller bet on BTTS

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Headshot wrote: »
    Very poor showing from bet365. You expect this crap from pp, not the likes of bet365.

not impressed them and no idea how long it would be
    on twitter
    just keps saying soon, hate that crap
    5 mins to the uk using my mobile as i couldnt find the freefone
    number then

followed jeez blind anyway as a result of not being able to look at
    the markets so maybe a good omen
    porto/pgs double
    arse over 6.5 corners 5/6
    mancity 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried everyone is going on City can see them ****ing it up now LOL.
    Malaga at even money looks a far safer option to me

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

for 2moro..

treble of

Liverpool vs anzhi BTTS
    Levante vs Twenten BTTS
    Hannover DNB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think we've learned not to go near city as long as mancini is in charge

Iv gone for this very nice treble i think

Santiago Wanderers v Municipal Iquique - Over 2.5 8/15
    Figueirense v Botafogo RJ - Over 2.5 4/6
    Santos Laguna v Toronto FC - Over 2.5 1/3

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone see the que for live chat on bet365

106 in the line and wait time of over 1hr lol

I was hoping of kicking up a fuss but that wont be happening anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Levante UD v FC Twente
    Levante head coach Juan Ignacio Martínez confirmed he could make changes to his side.

Inter Milano v FK Partizan
    Inter head coach Stramaccioni is expected to make many changes.

Racing Genk v Sporting Lisboa
    Sporting have confirmed the appointment of Frank Vercauteren as coach the day before the Lisbon team visit Genk.

AEL Limassol v Fenerbahçe SK
    AEL Limassol have named Jorge Costa as their new coach on the eve of the tie against

Atlético Madrid v Académica Coimbra
    Atlético Madrid head coach Simeone will rest some regulars.

Liverpool FC v Anzhi Makhachkala
    Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will again look to rotate his squad, and he could rest Gerrard, Agger, Skrtel, Allen and Sterling.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Next Milan manager: Frank Rijkaard.
    If sources in Italy and Dutch newspapers are to be believed.

Allegri will be sacked if milan fails to win this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

tip74 wrote: »
    Levante UD v FC Twente
    Levante head coach Juan Ignacio Martínez confirmed he could make changes to his side.

Inter Milano v FK Partizan
    Inter head coach Stramaccioni is expected to make many changes.

Racing Genk v Sporting Lisboa
    Sporting have confirmed the appointment of Frank Vercauteren as coach the day before the Lisbon team visit Genk.

AEL Limassol v Fenerbahçe SK
    AEL Limassol have named Jorge Costa as their new coach on the eve of the tie against

Atlético Madrid v Académica Coimbra
    Atlético Madrid head coach Simeone will rest some regulars.

Liverpool FC v Anzhi Makhachkala
    Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will again look to rotate his squad, and he could rest Gerrard, Agger, Skrtel, Allen and Sterling.[/QUOTE]
    Might wanna add links with those as what im reading is quite different to you. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/1025/1224325679154.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Eto'o anytime @ 7/4 is decent imo. Liverpool have been leaking plenty of goals this season and Eto'o has been in really good form. You have the question how seriously Liverpool will take the game given they're playing Everton on Saturday as well. I know they're rumoured to be playing a fairly strong team but how much they're going to be up for the game is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jezztips

Really Fancy Anzhi to score 2 or more tonight, great odds of 2/1.

Liverpool will have one eye on Everton Sunday and have already fielded two weaker squads in their opening 2 Europa League fixtures, they more than likely will not be at full strength tonight with such an important fixture facing them this Sunday. Liverpool have also conceded 6 in their opening two games in the Europa League and show signs that the League is their priority this season.
    Anzhi are top of the Russian League and have also scored the most amount of goals domestically. They have superb strikers in Eto'o and Traoré and them 2 alone will cause Liverpool a lot of problems tonight.

Liverpools boss has said prior to tonight's fixture and in the earlier 2 Europa League fixtures that he is cautious of risking players to injury in the Europa League. Whilst Hiddink on the other side has stated he wants to make his mark in Europe by winning this competition. I personally think after the millions they have spent that Anzhi have a much stronger squad to Liverpool and we will surely being seeing them in next years Champions League, the same cannot be said for Liverpool who look like they may even struggle to qualify for this competiton next year.

ANZHI MAKHACHKAL TO SCORE 2 OR MORE GOALS @ 2/1

Check out full tip at www.jezztips.wordpress.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blatter wrote: »
    Eto'o anytime @ 7/4 is decent imo. Liverpool have been leaking plenty of goals this season and Eto'o has been in really good form. You have the question how seriously Liverpool will take the game given they're playing Everton on Saturday as well. I know they're rumoured to be playing a fairly strong team but how much they're going to be up for the game is another matter.

Went with this one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Champions League - Ajax vs. Man City.

Ajax host Man City tonight at the Amsterdam Arena in an important match for both teams. Both sides have made poor starts to the group and badly need a win tonight if they are to have any hope of qualifying. Ajax have lost both of their opening Group D games, losing 1-0 away to Dortmund, and going down 4-2 to Real Madrid in Amsterdam. Man City have just a solitary point, having thrown away a late lead in the Bernabeu to lose 3-2, before a last minute penalty from Balotelli rescued an undeserved point against Dortmund.

Ajax have drawn their last 2 league matches, throwing away a 2 goal lead in the final 10 minutes to draw 3-3 with Heracles at the weekend. Ajax have only managed 2 wins in the Champions League since the start of 2011, with both wins coming against Dinamo Zagreb. Ajax have failed to score in 8 of their last 12 matches in European competition.

Man City have not been solid defensively at all this season and have only kept one clean sheet. Despite this, they are unbeaten in the league and have been grinding out results, coming from 1-0 down to beat West Brom 2-1 at the weekend, with Edin Dzeko getting 2 late goals. Maicon, Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell and David Silva have not travelled to Amsterdam due to varying injuries, but City still have plenty of quality within their ranks.

Ajax are poor at the back and I feel Man City's attacking threat will be the difference between the two sides tonight. Even without David Silva's creative flair, Man City should have enough to beat Ajax tonight. I actually fancy Man City to keep a clean sheet tonight. It is all or nothing for Man City tonight - if they do not win, they have very little chance of qualifying from the group.

€100 - Man City to beat Ajax @1.85. (Bet365)

Ajax 3-1 Man City.

Learned my lesson not to trust Man City in Europe. Ajax were excellent and fully deserved their win. City sat too deep and failed to keep the ball when it mattered. They were sloppy in possession and didn't cause much of a threat before going behind, and even then Ajax were fairly comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Blatter wrote: »

If Carra starts tonight I will be knee deep in this :p

Edit - The main lesson from the City game last night should be not to trust them without David Silva.

Opr

Dnipro - Napoli
    Dnipro @evens

They won comfortable at home against PSV, while PSV beat Napoli 3-0.
    Napoli has their eye on the serie A more than on the EL i guess.

Levante - Twente
    Levante @2.3 or maybe unders @1.75
    Twente, while still league leaders arent going that smooth anymore while Levante seems to play to avoid conceding more than trying to score goals.

And i ll wait till i see line ups for Liverpool - Anzi. If Anzi goes with their strongest 11, i ll be backing them.

Rosenborg - Metalist
    Metalist win @2.1
    Not much reasoning there, just rate Metalist higher than Rosenborg. They are great on the counter attack and i dont think Rosenborg can deal with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

opr wrote: »
    The main lesson from the City game last night should be not to trust them without David Silva.

Opr

Spot on. They lacked any creativity going forward. He will also miss the game against Swansea.

Any thoughts about the Falcao train tonight?

Any thoughts about the Falcao train tonight?

He won't be playing. Atletico haven't played them in any of teh Europa League games so far and hey've left him out again tonight.

If Falcao plays, i dont see him play 90 mins.
    If Atletico is 2-0 up at HT is can see him stay in the dressing room.

I will not be on hat tricks in any case.

• Advertisement

Fair enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

jezztips wrote: »

ANZHI MAKHACHKAL TO SCORE 2 OR MORE GOALS @ 2/1

Check out full tip at www.jezztips.wordpress.com
    12/5 on bet 365 for anyone interested

Anzhi are 10/3 , touching 4/1 to win, seems like decent odds

Liverpool are an outrageously short price for this, definitely worth a lay. Will wait until just before kickoff, price is continuing to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

What sort of team are newcastle putting out tonight? Should have too much for bruges at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jezztips

Wow strong strong Liverpool squad out.. was not expecting that strong to be honest. Going to be a cracking game i feel

mailburner wrote: »
    12/5 on bet 365 for anyone interested

Out to 3/1 on Coral, cracking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Even Anzi double chance is over evens, thats madness surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

lection Selection Details Result
    Football Matches
    Europa League Matches
    Videoton v FC Basel
    25th of Oct 2012 6:00 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Videoton @ 11/5
    Win

Selection Selection Details Result
    Football Matches
    Europa League Matches