Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Threw a few quid on BTTS in Liverpool match at 5/4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

redarmy wrote: »
    lection Selection Details Result
    Football Matches
    Europa League Matches
    Videoton v FC Basel
    25th of Oct 2012 6:00 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Videoton @ 11/5
    Win

Selection Selection Details Result
    Football Matches
    Europa League Matches
    Lyon v Athletic Bilbao
    25th of Oct 2012 6:00 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Lyon @ 10/11
    Win
    :D

Stop
    After
    Timing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Dnipro - Napoli
    Dnipro @evens

They won comfortable at home against PSV, while PSV beat Napoli 3-0.
    Napoli has their eye on the serie A more than on the EL i guess.

Levante - Twente
    Levante @2.3 or maybe unders @1.75
    Twente, while still league leaders arent going that smooth anymore while Levante seems to play to avoid conceding more than trying to score goals.

And i ll wait till i see line ups for Liverpool - Anzi. If Anzi goes with their strongest 11, i ll be backing them.

Rosenborg - Metalist
    Metalist win @2.1
    Not much reasoning there, just rate Metalist higher than Rosenborg. They are great on the counter attack and i dont think Rosenborg can deal with that.

Nice @9.66 treble. Glad i picked the straight win for Levante. Didnt expect them to score 3.
    And not exactly unlucky with Metalist scoring 2 late goals.

Puebla vs Club America (Over 3.5 @ 2.88)

Dating back to 2010, the last four encounters have been over 3.5 (since 2009, five of the last seven are over 3.5 too)

I am not filled with confidence, as neither teams scored super high recently, but I am not going to argue with H2H history.

€20 wins €57

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Aston Villa v Norwich
    Along with Sunderland these two teams have the worst goals for record in the division. Both have only managed a less than impressive 6 goals in their opening 8 games. A bad return so Under 2.5 goals at even money looks a good bet.
    I’m also backing Villa to win at 10/11. While the formbook doesn’t justify being this short I feel the manager will know exactly how to play them against Norwich and it’s a game they really should be looking to win if they want to avoid relegation this season. Their away form is appalling, but they have only played 3 games at Villa Park. They were comprehensively beaten by an impressive Everton side, but they managed to beat Swansea but were held to a draw by a good West Brom side too. Norwich don’t travel well (3 defeats and one draw in four) and have had some heavy defeats. This is as good as time as any for Villa to pick up the three points
    Arsenal v QPR
    Arsenal were praised early in the season for improved defensive displays. They kept 3 clean sheets in their first 3 games however, the clean sheets have dried up with individual errors resulting in lots of goals being conceded and the confidence of a promising start has been eroded. They have now conceded in their last 5 league games, in addition to being handed a costly home defeat by Schalke midweek. QPR have found it easier to score away from home this season. STAT 2 goals in four home games however, they have scored in all their away games (5 goals in their 4 away games) so I like the look of both teams to score at 4/6
    Man City v Swansea
    City despite their European woes are still going well in the league (Unbeaten). City have conceded in 7 of their 8 league games and they were shown up in Europe by an impressive Ajax midweek. Based on City’s defensive frailty I like the look of Michu to score anytime at 4/1. For me that is a great price for a player with 6 goals this season and who’s found the net in his last 2 matches.

• Advertisement

tinodz wrote: »
    Puebla vs Club America (Over 3.5 @ 2.88)

Dating back to 2010, the last four encounters have been over 3.5 (since 2009, five of the last seven are over 3.5 too)

I am not filled with confidence, as neither teams scored super high recently, but I am not going to argue with H2H history.

€20 wins €57

Morning. Just seen it ended 1-0. Feck.

Should have known better, and respected recent form more.

Sorry all.

According to flashscore (at work so cant check the betting website for odds) Colo Colo winning away to San Felipe in Chile pays 5/6.

Colo Colo is on a very good run, in the league that is. Cup matches are different story altogether but that probably has to do with team selection.

The run they are on:

colow.jpg

The only game not won was against the league leaders.

San Felipe's home record is certainly not bad P7 W3 D2 L2 and only 14 goals in those games but i can not see Colo Colo not winning this. Might go with a win to nil

Heskey Wincast @ 2.80 (Newcastle Jets)

...I am easily amused.

Also, HeskeyCam is an actual thing that is happening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

If any bookies are offering it: Bert van Marwijk >> next Wolfsburg manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tony Clarke

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Horn v SKN St. Pölten (Lower Austria derby)
    Horn: Zulechner (11/5 m), Wojtanowicz (9/3 f), Salvatore (7/0 d), Petermann (0/0 g), Osoinik (0/0 d)
    SKN St. Pölten: Rathfuss (4/0 d)
    pick X2

Boa Esporte v Ceará SC
    Boa Esporte: Gabriel (20/0 m)
    Ceará SC: Apodi (23/0 d), Luizão (23/2 d), João Marcos (21/0 m), Robert (13/3 f)
    pick 1

Dukla Praha v Jihlava
    Dukla Praha: -
    Jihlava: Gabriel (0/0 d), Gavrić (3/0 d), Tecl (11/10 f), Koloušek (10/3 m), Mešanović (0/0 f), Sedláček (9/0 f), Rada (8/0 d)
    pick 1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Spam page ??

No...its on the official everton twitter page and facebook page

AGUERRRRRRRRRRRRO

HESKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Shane St. wrote: »
    Aston Villa v Norwich
    Along with Sunderland these two teams have the worst goals for record in the division. Both have only managed a less than impressive 6 goals in their opening 8 games. A bad return so Under 2.5 goals at even money looks a good bet.
    I’m also backing Villa to win at 10/11. While the formbook doesn’t justify being this short I feel the manager will know exactly how to play them against Norwich and it’s a game they really should be looking to win if they want to avoid relegation this season. Their away form is appalling, but they have only played 3 games at Villa Park. They were comprehensively beaten by an impressive Everton side, but they managed to beat Swansea but were held to a draw by a good West Brom side too. Norwich don’t travel well (3 defeats and one draw in four) and have had some heavy defeats. This is as good as time as any for Villa to pick up the three points
    Arsenal v QPR
    Arsenal were praised early in the season for improved defensive displays. They kept 3 clean sheets in their first 3 games however, the clean sheets have dried up with individual errors resulting in lots of goals being conceded and the confidence of a promising start has been eroded. They have now conceded in their last 5 league games, in addition to being handed a costly home defeat by Schalke midweek. QPR have found it easier to score away from home this season. STAT 2 goals in four home games however, they have scored in all their away games (5 goals in their 4 away games) so I like the look of both teams to score at 4/6
    Man City v Swansea
    City despite their European woes are still going well in the league (Unbeaten). City have conceded in 7 of their 8 league games and they were shown up in Europe by an impressive Ajax midweek. Based on City’s defensive frailty I like the look of Michu to score anytime at 4/1. For me that is a great price for a player with 6 goals this season and who’s found the net in his last 2 matches.

This is class research & reasoning Shane Ta

tinodz wrote: »
    Heskey Wincast @ 2.80 (Newcastle Jets)

...I am easily amused.

Also, HeskeyCam is an actual thing that is happening :)

2-1 FT (2 goals from Emile)

#betterthanmessi

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jezztips

2 nice Scottish Premier Tips, useful for adding into accumulators to bolster the returns, id be weary of putting too much on them singly as they are dodgy markets and this could well be a really tight affair with most the ball being fought round midfield..

Motherwell Vs. Hibernian.
    Both teams to score 8/13 . In 6 of their last 8 encounters both teams have scored. Hibs on Average have conceded 2.20 goals per game and have also scored in each of last 9 fixtures. . .

Over 10 corners line 8/11 - great website for corner stats http://www.cornerstat.com very useful to make profit on corners. All Hibs games so far this season have gone over the 10 corner mark as have Motherwells bar one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Varbergs v Brommapojkarna
    Brommapojkarna to win 1.92
    Barcelona B v Recreativo
    Barcelona B to win 1.76

Double 3.08

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

eh i dunno wrote: »

How do I get rid of the Everton background on the site now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Irish94 wrote: »
    How do I get rid of the Everton background on the site now?

Clear your cache and cookies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jezztips

Posted 4 tips and reasoning for each bet online, Check them out here if interested

http://jezztips.wordpress.com

Best o Luck all bets Tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Clear your cache and cookies
    Shift me? <3

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Villa v Norwich.
    I have to research the match but what I really tempts me is Holt anytime scorer 9/4. Holt wanted you to go to villa but the deal collapsed. Holt will want to prove he's worth against villa and he's old manager

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Inverness v St Johnstone over 2.5 goals at 11/10

Ferro Carrill v Gimnasia. Ferro have only scored 1 goal in their last 6 home matches. Gimnasia have scored just 1 in each of their last 4 away. The last 2 games of note between them were 0-0 and 0-1. Only concern is Gimnasia have conceded 1 in 3 of their last 4 games. Under 1.5 @ 7/4 might be tight, but under 2.5 @ 4/7 seems a shoo in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Ferro Carrill v Gimnasia. Ferro have only scored 1 goal in their last 6 home matches. Gimnasia have scored just 1 in each of their last 4 away. The last 2 games of note between them were 0-0 and 0-1. Only concern is Gimnasia have conceded 1 in 3 of their last 4 games. Under 1.5 @ 7/4 might be tight, but under 2.5 @ 4/7 seems a shoo in.

0-0 at ht looking good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

deja vu

spamming prick

ShamoBuc wrote: »

0-0 at ht looking good so far.
    Yeah Shamo I'm tempted to cover +1.5 @ 2/1 but hopefully it'll stay scoreless to the hour mark

Headshot wrote: »
    deja vu

spamming prick
    What did I miss HS? Any thoughts on the 2 Serie B's in Brazil?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Yeah Shamo I'm tempted to cover +1.5 @ 2/1 but hopefully it'll stay scoreless to the hour mark

55 gone and Gimnasia score. I have them to win by 1....no more goals pretty please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement